Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 7 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3389824)   #1
Startline Al
Racer

England
Kent
Startline Al should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time Attack Silverstone National 6th April

Thanks to all the Marshals who did a great job as always, brilliant the way you recovered the cars.

Thanks again, Al (TA Clerk)
Old 7 Apr 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3389884)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying the TA sessions. Lots to do, but the highlight was the spinning car (Scooby?) and Noble M12 doing a face to face dance at Brooklands, but avoiding contact. Practically the whole field passed them as they danced. Very close, but rather entertaining!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3389906)   #3
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was good to meet you Greem, I didnt twig you were you til I was on the way home! Agree, was a bit of a heart stopping moment, was most relieved when all contact was avoided.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3389929)   #4
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice to meet you too Chezza! Thanks to you and the crew for making me feel so welcome. I had a great day (apart from the report writing...).
Old 7 Apr 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3389934)   #5
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Al.

From my perspective as chief pits can i just say you have a brilliant organisational team in the pitlane which made my job incredibly easy.

It was a good meeting and i had a very small but good team in the national pits on the sunday.

matt
Old 8 Apr 2014, 07:16 (Ref:3390068)   #6
Startline Al
Racer

England
Kent
Thanks, we try not to bother marshals when we don't need to, I think you only had to send one driver up to me, the rest were sent on the long walk of shame by our guys
Old 8 Apr 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3390253)   #7
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some wild looking machinery in the Time Attack series. Hope the Subaru that went pop on the way to Copse still had some engine left to rebuild, that's the biggest smokescreen I've seen in several years!
Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3390267)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adstubbs View Post
Some wild looking machinery in the Time Attack series. Hope the Subaru that went pop on the way to Copse still had some engine left to rebuild, that's the biggest smokescreen I've seen in several years!
Apparently caused by a split liner...

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/gobstopp....NkOpo6Xh.dpbs

...car should be back in time for the Knockhill round! :thumb:
Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3390272)   #9
Startline Al
Racer

England
Kent
Video of it here

http://youtu.be/VLiqTIDlaPQ