Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Sep 2001, 00:31 (Ref:148542)   #1
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Jimmyz360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 will be gone when CART switches engines

I think F1 isnt racing and thats a shame...all this talent and money and no racing. When the 6th place driver gets lapped its not racing....sorry guys. Maybe ill never understand those crazy europeans...but with Eurpeans now experiencing CART...F1 will be gone. Also when CART switches to all motor they will have similar screams of the F1 all motor with more racing. Ill just say F1 better not lose ferrari.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 01:10 (Ref:148548)   #2
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula One is about alot more than just the sounds of their normally aspirated engines, or "all motor" as you put it. Formula One is more popular than it has ever been, and wont lose popularity to CART. If you want to watch close racing, keep watching import drags. I'll keep watching F1, and will leave the side shows for the rice boys.
BD
Old 20 Sep 2001, 02:03 (Ref:148554)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, maybe I'll go on the CART forum and declare that now that F1 is in the US, CART will be dead

Lots of people trolling this forum with flame bait lately..
Old 20 Sep 2001, 04:43 (Ref:148568)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... sorry, i thought i just read someone saying that because CART will switch normally aspirated motors and will race twice in europe formula one is gone. ummmmm, did i read correctly.
Old 20 Sep 2001, 05:58 (Ref:148573)   #5
Aussiefan

Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... sorry, i thought i just read someone saying that because CART will switch normally aspirated motors and will race twice in europe formula one is gone. ummmmm, did i read correctly.

Old 20 Sep 2001, 09:10 (Ref:148607)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
But we Europeans have been watching Cart racing for years, since Nigel Mansell in fact, and I haven't seen F1 audienced get smaller.

The fact is that F1 covers a large part of the world while Cart is still almost exclusively based in America!

Nuff sed...
Old 20 Sep 2001, 13:30 (Ref:148686)   #7
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is CART?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 14:25 (Ref:148703)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
" Cars At Rural Tracks" I believe?
Old 20 Sep 2001, 14:54 (Ref:148706)   #9
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly topic.

An interest in one form of motorsport only leads to interest in others. Most of us here are proof of that, so I don't know why this is even taken as a serious subject.

OK, I see from most of the posts it is NOT taken as a serious topic.

Good!
Old 20 Sep 2001, 15:58 (Ref:148718)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok. It's always this way, someone shows up and trash F1 and say that CART will kill it...

I watch F1 and CART, and enjoy the best of both. They're not rival categories... techs differences, different tracks and so on. Maybe some people doesn't like when drivers switch categories and then start complaining. I like when a former F1 driver goes to champcars or when a youngblood from CART lands on F1. That's what counts !!
Old 20 Sep 2001, 16:32 (Ref:148725)   #11
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Bononi. Why would you have to chose one over the other. Both have unique things. If you happen not to like one it does not mean is ****, probably you are just not fortunate enough to know what variety can do for your life.

F1 risks to disappear in the current format in 2008. Constructors might start their own series with their own rules. Conflict of interest finds always the way to destroy things. Just imagine what would be like to have only one American open wheel series instead or IRL and CART.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 02:10 (Ref:148977)   #12
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Hahhah you guys are fun to mess with...of course F1 will not disappear but it will have to make some changes to survive is what I will say, and I still dont think F1 is racing. I think NASCAR is more racing than F1, you guys better be European or there is no excuses....muhahahhaa
Old 21 Sep 2001, 02:24 (Ref:148982)   #13
ginazimski
Rookie

ginazimski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimmyz.

If you like 25 year old designs with a modern outer skin NASCAR is the way to go. I personally like modern equipment.

Gina
Old 21 Sep 2001, 02:30 (Ref:148984)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmyz360
Hahhah you guys are fun to mess with...of course F1 will not disappear but it will have to make some changes to survive is what I will say, and I still dont think F1 is racing. I think NASCAR is more racing than F1, you guys better be European or there is no excuses....muhahahhaa

We don't mess with each other here at 10Tenth's If that is why you are here I surgest you look elsewhere..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 21 Sep 2001 at 02:32.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 02:30 (Ref:148985)   #15
BD
Racer

I'm American but I cant stand NASCAR. Its not so much the cars, but the courses. When they race on road courses, the are fun to watch. But on ovals, what a bore. I dont care how close they are, or how many lead changes there is. If I wanted the excitement of a photofinish, I'd go to a horse track. At least I could win some money through the boredom of an oval course.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 14:52 (Ref:149171)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Hahhah you guys are fun to mess with...
Told ya he was a troll...
Old 22 Sep 2001, 19:02 (Ref:149540)   #17
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Fruck u Indigo Montoya and ginazimski 25 year old designs? they look very similar to F1 so I guess F1 have 25 year old designs. I guess considering F1 has very little rules about aerodynamics, thats probably why they have to competition. BD is the only one of you who actually made a real arguement, the rest of you werent even listening to my arguements. I know about F1 and its rules, I probably know more about the rules than u, so dont even talk. Also you guys are probably all band wagon people. Take your Ferrari flags to the track and wave them but when they start losing the flag seems to stay at home, and you buy a new flag of the team thats winning. And the Cars on rural tracks, Okay? that was sure stupid, rural tracks like California Speedway huh and a whole bunch of street courses that run threw million people cities. I was just trying to see why you guys support F1 over anyother racing sport whether it would be CART, IRL, NASCAR? And you guys get all personal on me and dont even show me why you guys like F1.
Old 22 Sep 2001, 20:28 (Ref:149556)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, Jimmy you convinced me, and now what ?
Old 22 Sep 2001, 21:54 (Ref:149587)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Woaaaah Jimmy, we were having a little light fun, which after all is the reason for some of these forums. Take is easy mate!

No one is seriously knocking CART. I watch it when i can on satelite TV as do many thousands of British and European people so slow down with the aggravation, life's too short.

Cart and F1 are two completely different animals, both have their pro's and con's. But in the end they are both damn good motor racing series ok?

Chill out and see the funny side of life. Life's too short to be serious all the time.

Regards,

Stephen.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 01:05 (Ref:149634)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah... Relax stud!

Let's see, taking your post seriously:
"I know about F1 and ... Take your Ferrari flags to the track and wave them but when they start losing the flag seems to stay at home, and you buy a new flag of the team thats winning"

You sure you know F1??? The Ferrari flags are still flying in the 20 odd years Ferrari did not win the WDC!~ And i don't remember flying any Mclaren flags in '98 either...

And i don't watch Nascar. To keep looking at them running in ovals for most races is not particularly interesting. Maybe i catch them in the odd times when i'm bored with no other racing to watch...

And Cart? Well, sure they provide clean racing on ovals. And they have road courses too, which is quite interesting. I do start to watch more of it now, but somehow, i still don't quite seem swayed by jumping on the bandwagon (if any)....

F1 is not racing? Watching Monza and Hockenheim, i guess it qualifies as one. Besides, one have to admit that F1 is more technologically advanced and far well organised than the above 2 options. At least the safety car doesnt come out every 20 laps... And i don't know about others...but i thought that F1 seemed more prestigious and classier too. And the most important reason is the presence of works team- Ferrari.

Still liked F1 through and through. I'd watch Cart..as i do watch DTM and sportscar racing (as long as its available)...but given the choice to pick only one now...F1 still be it.

You can have your preferences, i can have mine!

And i'm not European

Last edited by Gt_R; 23 Sep 2001 at 01:07.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 01:05 (Ref:149635)   #21
BD
Racer

I would think that most people who like motorsports in general would like both CART and F1. They are completely different. The more you learn about each series, the bigger the differences are.
The reason I like F1 is because it is so extreme. The best drivers, the best engineers, the best mechanics, the most money, the best fitness trainers, the best managers, etc.
The cars are at the absolute limit of reliability vs. performance. The cars are extremely difficult to drive in order to extract as much performance as possible. Everything about F1, and F1 cars is to the limit. It takes creativity and ingenuity to be better.
CART is practically a spec class where everybody has equal equipment.
That has merits in its own right, and does lead to closer racing.
But no arguments are necessary, everybody has their own reason why they do or dont like F1. Theres no need to compare the two all the time.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 04:56 (Ref:149671)   #22
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Fruck u Indigo Montoya
Ok, I was wrong, you clearly are not trolling...
Old 23 Sep 2001, 07:57 (Ref:149698)   #23
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can't we have both (as we already do). I watch F1 everytime it is on, plus CART and IRL whenever I get the choice, plus F3000, and I will probably watch Premier 1 when it starts. They rarely clash, so why not watch all of them?

And the only way CART would trash F1 in the UK (I can't speak for the rest of the world, though I suspect the rest of Europe is the same), is if it got a terrestrial TV contract to show every race live. The only channel that currently has it is Channel 5, who show it if they can be bothered on Wednesday nights at about 1am.

Even if CART is the best racing series in the world (I'm not saying it is, I'm not saying it's not), there are other things it has to work on, such as its TV coverage and publicity. For instance, I have seen no mention at all of the Rockingham race this weekend, and it is now Sunday morning, and I have no idea of the result, or if it was run or not. CART needs a Bernie charcter if it is to beat F1.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 09:08 (Ref:149711)   #24
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by badoer fan
The only channel that currently has it is Channel 5, who show it if they can be bothered on Wednesday nights at about 1am.
BBC 2 are showing 2 hours of yesterdays Rockingham race today - starting from 13:05....

Old 23 Sep 2001, 17:40 (Ref:149850)   #25
Jimmyz360
Rookie

It seems u guys think Im mad or something...hahah....i guess thats the way to actually get u to respond. Well CART is not spec racing..but F1 doesnt have competition...but in America 2 main values we treasure is fairness and competition. And you do know CART has more money invested in its engine programs than F1 teams...F1 spends a lot more money on chasis **** and super suspensions which just brings competition worse. Just look at the teams...only 3 teams have ever won a constructors/drivers championship...yea so the rest have to compete with coming in 6th through 10th at best. Yea you can really see how good a driver is by making the field completely uneven. Please F1 doesnt have the best drivers at all, CART has the best drivers, I would have a lot more respect for schumi if he came to the CART series and won as many. F1 is not that difficult considering there is only 5 other people that can come close to beating his Ferrari. And throwing money at a series doesnt mean its "racing," thats the stupidest thing i ever heard...and Bononi why dont u stop being a smart ass and listen to my questions.