Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 6 May 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3534616)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC Silverstone

Looks like a good meeting, 330 cars and over 400 drivers, might be busy!
Se you there.
Old 6 May 2015, 07:16 (Ref:3534626)   #2
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We shall be there, dozing quietly in the Safety Car!
Old 6 May 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3534640)   #3
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not had any tickets yet, has anyone else received any from CSCC ??
Old 6 May 2015, 07:56 (Ref:3534641)   #4
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes got mine on Saturday
Old 6 May 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3534642)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce George View Post
We shall be there, dozing quietly in the Safety Car!
I shall come and say hello.
Old 6 May 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3534686)   #6
MDF
Rookie

MDF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets arrived in this mornings post
Old 6 May 2015, 18:01 (Ref:3534849)   #7
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
I shall come and say hello.
Not seen you for ages - will look forward to it.
Old 11 May 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3536432)   #8
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am posting th following on behalf of John Hammersely, Chairman of the CSCC, and with his permission. This comment from John first appeared on the CSCC Facebook site and is in response to the incident that caused the red flag to the Future Classics race in Sunday when a TR7 crashed heavily and caught fire. Although I was not at Silverstone on Sunday, I am sure that we all echo John's thoughts:

John says,

"I went over to see what had happened, and too make sure the driver was ok. There were only two marshals on that post, and they had to deal with one of the worst fires I have ever seen at a race track. They waded in, and nobody could have put in any more effort than they did, they got right into the fire,and even when the fire truck got there they emptied the whole contents of that before they got under control (I think the fuel pump was still running fuelling the fire, but it was so intense nobody could have got to turn it off). After it was all sorted out I went to thank them for their hard work, and all they would offer was to say a thanks to all CSCC Future Classics drivers who obeyed all flag signals, slowed and moved away from the scene and let them get on with their jobs. Unfortunately I didn't get the two marshals names, but thanks guys, without you we wouldn't go racing and it's reassuring to see professional action at work. Nice to know they also appreciate the drivers actions, and big commiserations to Alan for the loss of his car, but good to know he's OK."
Old 11 May 2015, 16:49 (Ref:3536497)   #9
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I got photo's of the fire from the outside of woodcote (long stretch) where you can see the marshal's working and agree completely, the marshals were outstanding and it's incidents like this (a fire that bad is rare as hens teeth now days) that make you realise why English marshals are classed as some of the best in world - period!

I have removed the photo's from my gallery until I get the okay to put them up from the club.

Other than that and the few engine detonations it was a blinding weekend and thank you all again (from a lowly photographer).

Just a couple of snaps to make you make you smile:

Captions please. . .

Brad Pitts younger brother (their words not mine lol)

Makes a change to see Terry away from the start line. An honour as always sir

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 12 May 2015, 05:50 (Ref:3536644)   #10
EmileNaus
Rookie

United Kingdom
EmileNaus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad the driver was ok after a nasty incident; great response from the team!
One of the other drivers in the race posted his in-car video: http://youtu.be/0qsNQo_iRqU

Apart from this, it was an excellent day with good races and lots of interesting cars.
Old 12 May 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3536829)   #11
Rob Williams
Rookie

England
Birmingham
Rob Williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I am posting th following on behalf of John Hammersely, Chairman of the CSCC, and with his permission. This comment from John first appeared on the CSCC Facebook site and is in response to the incident that caused the red flag to the Future Classics race in Sunday when a TR7 crashed heavily and caught fire. Although I was not at Silverstone on Sunday, I am sure that we all echo John's thoughts:

John says,

"I went over to see what had happened, and too make sure the driver was ok. There were only two marshals on that post, and they had to deal with one of the worst fires I have ever seen at a race track. They waded in, and nobody could have put in any more effort than they did, they got right into the fire,and even when the fire truck got there they emptied the whole contents of that before they got under control (I think the fuel pump was still running fuelling the fire, but it was so intense nobody could have got to turn it off). After it was all sorted out I went to thank them for their hard work, and all they would offer was to say a thanks to all CSCC Future Classics drivers who obeyed all flag signals, slowed and moved away from the scene and let them get on with their jobs. Unfortunately I didn't get the two marshals names, but thanks guys, without you we wouldn't go racing and it's reassuring to see professional action at work. Nice to know they also appreciate the drivers actions, and big commiserations to Alan for the loss of his car, but good to know he's OK."
Can I also pass on thanks to ALL of the Officials, Marshals and Circuit Staff at Silverstone over the week end. By bringing forward the back on post time after lunch we got all of the Saturday races on time even with the rain. On Sunday I still cant work out how we got the Jags out before Church Bells.
As for the Fire, It just goes to show why all marshals should have Fire Training, as first on the seen was a Flag Marshal and Post Chief, then with the back up of the other Marshals, 8 powder, 3 foam and a tender it was out in 3 1/2 to 4 mins. When you are in Race Control looking at all this going on, the only thing on your mind, is the driver out, thankfully he got out on his own.
So not only for the Fire but for the whole weekend, Thanks

Robert Williams
CSCC Clerk of the Course,
Officials and Marshals Co-ordinator

Last edited by Rob Williams; 12 May 2015 at 19:33. Reason: helps if I say who I am