Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 May 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3537975)   #1
Norfolk Matt
Rookie

Norfolk Matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort - BRSCC Eurofest, 20-21 June 2015

Are there any UK marshalls out there volunteering for this meeting at Zandvoort, Holland, on 20-21 June? It is being organised by the BRSCC so I thought there may be a core UK presence?
Old 17 May 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3538612)   #2
anna_blakemore
Racer

anna_blakemore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While I seem to remember that the BRSCC take a number of officials they are the clerks, secretary etc and I don't believe they take a chief marshal as the local marshals are used. I also believe that on the continent that they are typically 'employees' and not volunteers.
That said I guess you could ask Liz at BRSCC HQ, she may be able to point you in the right direction. And having been to Zandvoort it is one of the best tracks that I have been too and the bar in the paddock is brilliant.
Old 17 May 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3538683)   #3
EmileNaus
Rookie

United Kingdom
EmileNaus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_blakemore View Post
I also believe that on the continent that they are typically 'employees' and not volunteers.
This is the site for the zandvoort marshal team: http://www.oca-zandvoort.nl/home
They are volunteers. I couldn't find any info in English.
The track is on my list (once I upgrade to Track), if only because it was the first track I ever went to.
Old 18 May 2015, 10:53 (Ref:3538902)   #4
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you would be more than welcome at any Dutch tracks - I've done Assen and there was more than enough marshals on post who spoke perfect English to make it a fun weekend (unfortunately I've now forgotten all the foul language I was taught )

I would love to go back, probably for Dutch Supercar event, it's just finding the time in the season to go (and not having enough holiday time!)
Old 18 May 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3538908)   #5
saddelbags
Rookie

saddelbags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the first one the BRSCC did their one the old circuit all the marshal spoke very good English as their all watch English tv!!
Old 19 May 2015, 07:26 (Ref:3539220)   #6
Norfolk Matt
Rookie

Norfolk Matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for everyone's response, helpful advice and words of encouragement. I am sure marshalling at any meeting or track in Holland would be a great experience.

However, as I am relatively new to marshalling I felt the best option would be to focus on the BRSCC event there next month. There may also be the the possibility of travelling with others and sharing costs. Therefore, as suggested by Anna, I will contact BRSCC HQ and ask for Liz as my starting point and see where that leads me.
Old 28 May 2015, 16:20 (Ref:3542130)   #7
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Both Dutch tracks have campsites for marshals - the one at Assen probably beats any other on a race track in the world, it's big and has great facilities! Zandvoort on the other hand is small but right next door to the local marshals clubhouse.

Many Brits have marshaled at the track before so you're more than welcome, just send a message to the flag chief team at hbo-team@oca-zandvoort.nl and they'll help you from there.
Old 28 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3542133)   #8
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_blakemore View Post
While I seem to remember that the BRSCC take a number of officials they are the clerks, secretary etc and I don't believe they take a chief marshal as the local marshals are used. I also believe that on the continent that they are typically 'employees' and not volunteers.
That said I guess you could ask Liz at BRSCC HQ, she may be able to point you in the right direction. And having been to Zandvoort it is one of the best tracks that I have been too and the bar in the paddock is brilliant.
Marshaling is a voluntary activity basically everywhere you go. No different in Europe, (North) America or Australia. And I assume Asia as well nowadays (or are the BMMC and all still being contracted by various ASNs to run their marshal department at GPs and such?)