Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Dec 2001, 20:15 (Ref:183052)   #1
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Modellers unite!!!!

Help!

As a builder of 1/43 scale, I am always scrounging around the world looking for parts and especially decals. In the US, we have a really bad time finding these things, so it would be great for all of us here to unite and trade these items. I am also pretty good at remembering what people are looking for in kits, so it is a good bet that I will eventually come across someone's holy grail.

So let me have it. What are you looking for?

For me......Porsche prototypes......parts, kits, especially decals

And.........BASF Sauber C-7...Canadian Tire Sauber C-7
Old 19 Dec 2001, 08:47 (Ref:187568)   #2
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
I am currently embarking on a long-held ambition to model all the cars I have raced:

Now the list will eventually need to include:

1 * Caterham 7 "K-Series"
3 * Renault 5 GT Turbo
1 * Clio 172
and
1 * Clio V6

As a reasonably experienced 1/24th scale modeller over the years, I want to switch into 1/43rd to build these.

So far, I've located a Provence Moulage 5 GT Turbo and Clio V6 trophy 99 which I am going to use as a starting point. Would be interested if anyone has seen any of the other kits around... also, I am going to need some steel wheels for the 5 GT turbo, can someone recommend a supplier?

Clearly there are going to be a few difficulties, firstly the PM V6 doesn't have the rear wing of the current trophy car...

Secondly, I am going to need to manufacture my own decals! Since the guys who printed my original logos are fully computerised, I am hoping they will have the technology to reduce the scale significantly and print them as they were on the race car. Failing that I see grandprixmodels.com sell decal sheets for use in inkjet printers? Has anyone used these?

Many thanks

RickP
Old 22 Dec 2001, 08:27 (Ref:188647)   #3
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a friend who builds models for top companies that has loads of contacts in the States and UK that might be able to help... If you fancy his details drop me an email.