Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Dec 2001, 22:10 (Ref:191712)   #1
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Questions to make the brain work- & to pass the time.

Here is the list of the top ten drivers in 2001.
Which of them are going to NOT be in the top 10 in 2002 & why?

1)Jeffie
2)Tony
3)Sterling
4)Ricky Rudd
5)Dale Jarrett
6)Bobby Labonte
7)Rusty
8)Jr
9)Kevin
10)Jeff Burton
Old 31 Dec 2001, 01:52 (Ref:191787)   #2
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I'll get chastized for this...but Kevin Harvick...sophomore slump. Rusty Wallace...father time checking in.
Old 31 Dec 2001, 02:52 (Ref:191796)   #3
Roselady3
Veteran

Yeah Lars- I'm getting out the 'ol boxing gloves for ya!

I know I'll probabally get it from a few when I say that I think that Sterling will be out of it. Rusty would be another one.

I think that Kevin will do fine. He's got the best team & the best equiptment. This year he can totally devote all his concentration on Cup racing. I'm not predicting him to be a championship winner----but I do think that he will be near the top.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 14:16 (Ref:192235)   #4
GWP29
Rookie

GWP29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very possibly DJ with Parrot leaving as crew chief I think this might hurt the team.Look what losing his car chief slugger did to him?
Also very likley Rusty ,not only father time but no more Robin Pemberton.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 16:15 (Ref:192270)   #5
Roselady3
Veteran

Very true GWP-Dj & Rusty will be having those type of problems.

The reason why I think that it will be Sterling, is that I don't think that NASCAR will be so thoughtful to the Dodges next year. They are going to have to work for thier wins....in 2001, they had a little help.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 18:28 (Ref:192311)   #6
Dick Blom
Rookie

Dick Blom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
The reason why I think that it will be Sterling, is that I don't think that NASCAR will be so thoughtful to the Dodges next year. They are going to have to work for thier wins....in 2001, they had a little help.
Well THANK YOU Rosie darlin' for finally acknowledging this public, after all the times you made fun of me for saying the same thing. Thanks again Rosie darlin', and Happy New Year, hope your party went well.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 18:39 (Ref:192315)   #7
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dick Blom

Well THANK YOU Rosie darlin' for finally acknowledging this public, after all the times you made fun of me for saying the same thing. Thanks again Rosie darlin', and Happy New Year, hope your party went well.
LMAO @ Dick....but it was pretty much common knowledge the Dodge's got a lot of help last season. Rosie just hates dodges & fords...lol.

Not sure how much Robin leaving the #2 team will 'hurt' Rusty...Rusty made all the calls anyways. But TP leaving Dale might hurt...But TP is still going to be involved at RYR managing the 28 & 88 teams.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 21:08 (Ref:192382)   #8
Roselady3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dick Blom

Aww Dickie Dude- I never made fun of your opinion----I was making fun of YOU! LMAO. Just teasing ya. (gotta start the New Year off right!)

Actually I don't personally don't care about the makes of the cars. If Dodge had a cute meanie driving- You know I'd be rooting for him! LOL. Same with Ford. (Although Roseman HATES Fords....so I would have to be a closet Ford fan! LOL)
Old 1 Jan 2002, 23:26 (Ref:192468)   #9
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expect at least 8 or last year's top ten to be there again in 2002. Much of this depends on aero rules. I agree that Dodge got the helping hand from NASCAR in the second half of the season and even though Marlin is a very good driver, I don't think he is really top five caliber with the depth of talent NASCAR has today. However, Chip Ganassi is a top flight owner and I would expect to see his car up there again in 2002.

I don't expect that the crew chief change for the #88 will hurt DJ. It is supposed to help since Todd can now concentrate on more things with the cars. He will always be there for the new guy and make recommendations. But I am curious to see if DJ's second half slide was a fluke (since they were so strong in the beginning of the year) or a sign of things to come.

And Rusty will be there in the mix again. I look for him to be much more competitive in 2002. Penske is stepping up his operations all the way around.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 00:29 (Ref:192496)   #10
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impossible to say. Many predicted that Jeff Burton would have an outstanding year, and win the championship last year. It didn't happen, his year was awful. Some of these teams might have similar seasons this coming year, and others, that were not predicted to do well, could have great years. It's a roll of the dice at this point in time.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:52 (Ref:195505)   #11
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lars

Rosie just hates dodges & fords...lol.
Lars, I thought Rosie praised those Dodges a while back
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:47 (Ref:195529)   #12
Roselady3
Veteran

I like the Dodges- Really I do-
There just isn't a Dodge driver that is mean enough for me to call as a fav!