Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:03 (Ref:226756)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stodardt seems to be whingeing abit

See the story at
http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/9438

When i first heard pauls fury at TWR getting prost cheap i thought he had a good point.It seems though it's a bit of a smokescreen -Paul's upset at not being promoted to 10th in the constructors champs & so getting more of the TV money.
From what Ron dennis says though,Minardi can't do that anyway...Paul's getting a bit of a rep.What happened to his threats to take Brunner/Toyota to court?Was that also just a temper tantrum?
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:15 (Ref:226766)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul is probably just a bit peeved at losing a chance at making more money. Don't forget, he is an incredibly astute businessman, and would be peeved to have lost the Prost deal at such a bargain price.

As for the Brunner/Toyota deal, perhaps he didn't really want to take on the might of Toyota, even in court.
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:16 (Ref:226768)   #3
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
After the race Stodard said on Dutch TV, that he had entered a higher bid, to stop TWR.
And he didn't withdraw it until after the deadline for this season had expired last friday ...
Old 3 Mar 2002, 13:24 (Ref:226775)   #4
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it hard to see how the 9th team deserves the money when they haven't really got a hope in hell of qualifying:

Engine: '99 Arrows, was awful even then
Car: Last year's Prost
Drivers: Gaston Mazzacane and Tomas Enge- have they assumed these guys won't be racing in other series or what?
Tyres: None- Bridgestone and Michelin have both said that they have their hands full as it is without pratting around with this effort. Or will we see a shock return of Goodyear?

Although perhaps if they succeed in redesigning the gearbox and rear suspension of the car before the deadline of the Malaysian GP they might deserve a place in F1 this year, if not the grid.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 3 Mar 2002, 18:36 (Ref:227036)   #5
The Red BARon
Rookie

The Red BARon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Paul is probably just a bit peeved at losing a chance at making more money. Don't forget, he is an incredibly astute businessman, and would be peeved to have lost the Prost deal at such a bargain price.

As for the Brunner/Toyota deal, perhaps he didn't really want to take on the might of Toyota, even in court.

He's obviously not that astute at all actually - in reality he was outdone by T.Walkinshaw on this one. Stodart should zip it up - you don't want to make an enemy of TW, believe me...he even admittted on TV that there may be a legal loophole that TW used and that he (Stodart referring to himself) might end up looking like a chump in court. Personally I hope so. Anyone who shoots their mouth off whilst admitting they have not even checked the situation out is grossly unprofessional. He cannot be making any friends in the paddock at the moment.

The problem is if you are good and winning championships and races over an extended period of time you can get away with a bit if whinging - but if you are generally a perennial back of the grid championship no hoper the sensible thing to do would be to keep the old trap shut. I might add he is by far the least eloquent team manager I have ever heard in interview.

My opinion of this man, as I said in the other thread I started, has changed forever this weekend. If he's not up to surviving and competing in the shark infested world of F1 he should go out and have a picnic with a nice bunch of fluffy bunny rabbits.