Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Apr 2002, 11:08 (Ref:272239)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Minardi's Out!! - Schumacher assured of victory

Quote:
From F1-Live.com
This is the toughest decision a team owner has ever to make and we are withdrawing our cars from the race. We were confident about what we had done with yesterday's incidents, as in the front wing failures. The front wing incident with Alex is not related to that of Mark. Alex's case was an accident. The incident today on Marc's car has left the team feeling that we have no other option other than to withdraw from this afternoon's race. Although we are confident we could have run the cars safely this afternoon, given the circumstances it would be irresponsible to do so until we had time to take these parts back to the factory and to totally, totally analyze every aspect of this failure and prepare fully for the Austrian race in two weeks," Stoddart said. "Technically we can race our cars, but it would be totally irresponsible of me to put those cars in the race. Had it happened yesterday, we would have been able to do something about it, the only thing we don't have at the moment is time. The part that failed was a brand new part, freshly manufactured. It has gone through all the stress tests and we had used that element last year in all 17 races and never had any failure. What happened was that the actual failure was along the stress line of that element, so we just have to investigate and analyze exactly what has happened. We have tested the piece, we have raced it, it has been stress tested and we have never had a failure before. I feel very sad for Mark and Alex, but I believe this is the right thing to do."
Well thats it, Michael will win for sure now

And talk about a dream weekend for Jaguar, they can cruise around at the back without Webber all over them for once. It will be the Sunday drive Eddie's been waiting for.
Old 28 Apr 2002, 11:22 (Ref:272248)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well its sad to see the Minardis withdrawn , but its probably a good call , if its not safe then they shouldnt race the cars , but it just wont be the same without at least one Minardi out there.

I hope they can fix the problem before the next race , im sure they will and they will be back out there giving it their all.
good call Mr Stoddart.

GO WEBBER
Old 28 Apr 2002, 11:39 (Ref:272256)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's the only call Paul could make. There was a definete structural problem with both the front and rear wings, so pulling out was the only sensible option. No point risking a driver over 10th place.