Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2002, 01:51 (Ref:304915)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I told you so.

Not long ago I told you what Ferrari and Schumacher were all about. After Austria 2002 I did not have anything else to add. The truth was in front of you. I am really sorry for good fans like GT_R who once believed the evil empire was fair to Barrichello or the F1 fans.

RIP F1. Schumacher and Friends have killed you!

...The former forumer once known for his LOLs .....LOL
Old 5 Jun 2002, 01:58 (Ref:304917)   #2
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: I told you so.

Everybody have their own opinions to what had happened in Austria and what the fans have to do is just to try to understand why.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 02:39 (Ref:304929)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We do understand why.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Unfortunately for Ferrari and all their twisted little hearts, the fans don't think that everything on earth is about how much money you can stuff down your pants, no matter what you have to do to get it.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 02:49 (Ref:304935)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
This is strange - something that we all forgot. Not that long ago, Rubens thought that he had equal status and that he could win the championship this year (about a couple of days before Austria).
Also, at the beginning of the season he was going to be the pebble in MSch's shoe, and he was going to compete with MSch and all that nonsense.
Now he looks more like the bit of dog poo that MSch stepped on. "I have just signed a two year contract .........."
What a lame reply.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 5 Jun 2002, 02:55 (Ref:304963)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome back BB! You were missed.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 03:11 (Ref:304971)   #6
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Who in the right mind would venture into something without wanting healthy returns after investing millions of dollars?

I sure wouldn't want to risk just because to make the fans happy.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:25 (Ref:305329)   #7
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jukebox, that is, without a doubt, the stupidest post I've seen in the F1 forum in many a day.

Isn't making the fans happy kind of what racing is all about? You know, winning to make your sponsors look good and to cement a good name for yourself in racing history? "Healthy returns" should be about your place in history and looking good in fans' minds, not greed, ignorance and complete foolishness.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:52 (Ref:305354)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Welcome back BB! You were missed.
Thank you buddy.

I had to celebrate the fact that I am a happily divorced man....LOL

I don't know how much this fiasco is going affect F1. That is probably why they waited until the end of this month to trial Ferarri and Schumacher. If by then they realize the event have damaged the image of F1 they might ban Schurarri for the remaining races of the season (I hope so ). Unlikely since they let Schumacher get away with Jerez 97 that IMHO should have been a lifetime ban from F1.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 15:25 (Ref:305372)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My interpretation of the long delay before the hearing is that the FIA must have realised immediately that there would be very little that they could do. The FIA have realised the need to tread a thin line between rapping Ferrari's knuckles in a PR sense (by far the most damaging feature of the whole debacle) and toeing the line in a legal sense. By the time the dust has settled I think that most F1 observers will appreciate that this is the most that could be expected from a bad situation - unfortunately this leaves millions of enthusiasts on the fringes who don't see it the same way, and who will never understand the idea of an individual championship in a team event.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:33 (Ref:305412)   #10
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because if it is all about "the team" and IF you stipulate that "the team" has more than one member, then it makes no sense at all.

When TGF says "I will think of the team" what he means is "I will think of MYSELF." He has no clue in the world what "the team" means and would not understand the concept if you showed him the word in the dictionary. Every one of his teammates will tell you exactly the same thing.

I liken his view of "the team" to Baby Doc Duvalier's naming himself "President For Life" of Haiti. And perhaps you remember what happened to him?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 16:52 (Ref:305432)   #11
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh come on Liz, this is too much even from a journalistic point of view. What Duvalier or neonazis have to do with Formula 1?

By the way, just imagine that you're the sporting director of a F4 racing team (I mean team, with more than 1 member; otherwise all that teamorders fuzz is a nonsense) and you do have 2 drivers, one of them wins an average of 9 races per season and the other wins 1 out of 40. You proved that you do understand the idea of an individual championship in a team event. What do you do?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:37 (Ref:305777)   #12
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Who in the right mind would venture into something without wanting healthy returns after investing millions of dollars?

I sure wouldn't want to risk just because to make the fans happy.

Oh yeah... as long as as they have stupid fans like you they dont worry at all!
Old 5 Jun 2002, 21:46 (Ref:305787)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For once, I hoped Barrichello would do like Pironi at Imola'82 and ignore the team orders... the differences are:

1) Barrichello was better than Schumacher that day, Villeneuve was always ahead of Pironi

2) Schumacher has 4 titles, Villeneuve none, I don't think Schumacher needs to be given one more

3) Schumacher wouldn't even have been angry about that, Gilles died without never speaking again to Pironi.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 00:31 (Ref:305882)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

Thank you buddy.

I had to celebrate the fact that I am a happily divorced man....LOL

Uhhh... Congratulations... I think! I'm sure you're better off without her.

Ya.. you missed lots, if you read some of my posts after Austria, you'd swear I was becoming a JPM fan...

Since there is no Romania in the world cup, you can concentrate fully on celebrating being single again... unless you want to cheer for the US

Anyways, back to the topic... My opinion, for those who have not heard it many many times before, is that TGF and Barely-fellow are not the ones to blame. Luca, Jean, and Ross are the ones who made the call - and forever tarnished the image of the cavallino...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Jun 2002 at 00:32.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 01:15 (Ref:305900)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Oh come on Liz, this is too much even from a journalistic point of view. What Duvalier or neonazis have to do with Formula 1?
The means of futuristic, fighting to be the best of the best beating all others, and the ultraindividualism what reigns in the category is very likely for a public of dictators and authoritarian people. Not for nothing the Nazi government paid German teams in the 30s to help them in their way to have the better and most superior teams in that era.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 01:29 (Ref:305903)   #16
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Originally posted by zealot
Jukebox, that is, without a doubt, the stupidest post I've seen in the F1 forum in many a day.

Isn't making the fans happy kind of what racing is all about? You know, winning to make your sponsors look good and to cement a good name for yourself in racing history? "Healthy returns" should be about your place in history and looking good in fans' minds, not greed, ignorance and complete foolishness.
Quote:
Originally posted by freud Oh yeah... as long as as they have stupid fans like you they dont worry at all
You know zealot, i'm not gonna be as asinine like you and freud.

Which team has the most tv coverage of the car and drivers on the podium every two weeks?

Do you see Ferrari sponsors pulling out?

Fans who dosen't stop for a second to think it all back are the ones that are always whining and cried foul.

I'm not the only one among milions of Ferrari fans around the world that condones their actions and fans that hates Ferrari from the beginning that's making so much noise, do you see us whining if Williams or other teams do something out of the ordinary?
Old 6 Jun 2002, 03:31 (Ref:305953)   #17
Aussiefan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
When TGF says "I will think of the team" what he means is "I will think of MYSELF." He has no clue in the world what "the team" means and would not understand the concept if you showed him the word in the dictionary. Every one of his teammates will tell you exactly the same thing.
That's just pure fantasy fuelled by bias.

Old 6 Jun 2002, 05:29 (Ref:305991)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
My interpretation of the long delay before the hearing is that the FIA must have realised immediately that there would be very little that they could do. The FIA have realised the need to tread a thin line between rapping Ferrari's knuckles in a PR sense (by far the most damaging feature of the whole debacle) and toeing the line in a legal sense. By the time the dust has settled I think that most F1 observers will appreciate that this is the most that could be expected from a bad situation - unfortunately this leaves millions of enthusiasts on the fringes who don't see it the same way, and who will never understand the idea of an individual championship in a team event.
Glen, I agree wholeheartedly with your view here. In fact, Max came straight out to say there was nothing wrong with what Ferrari did, and that was about one or two days afterwards. However, Bernie did not share his views on the matter.
So I opine that all that would happen would be a reprimand (not even severe) for MSch and Rubens for their podium antics.

My view on the championships (and many here would disagree) is that the WDC should be an individual championship purely for the one driver vs any other, while the team championship should be the WCC.
If the WDC is a team championship, what the heck is the WCC for?

In this way, no team orders are necessary.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 7 Jun 2002, 02:49 (Ref:306937)   #19
freud
Veteran

Originally posted by Jukebox:

Quote:
You know zealot, i'm not gonna be as asinine like you and freud.
I see.

Quote:
Do you see Ferrari sponsors pulling out?
Next time this debacle is repeated, I bet they will.

Quote:
Fans who dosen't stop for a second to think it all back are the ones that are always whining and cried foul.
Didnt Jean Todt said exactly the same thing a few weeks ago??

Quote:
I'm not the only one among milions of Ferrari fans around the world that condones their actions and fans that hates Ferrari from the beginning that's making so much noise, do you see us whining if Williams or other teams do something out of the ordinary?
Please simplify it... Thanks.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 03:22 (Ref:306944)   #20
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
who do you actually root for freud?
Old 7 Jun 2002, 03:44 (Ref:306951)   #21
freud
Veteran

not for cheaters
Old 7 Jun 2002, 04:35 (Ref:306980)   #22
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
and as for you sigmund....cheaters don win WDC and WCC for their team, you just can't get over the fact that he's dominating this season can't you.

Last edited by Jukebox; 7 Jun 2002 at 04:35.
Old 7 Jun 2002, 04:36 (Ref:306981)   #23
freud
Veteran

oh, is he?? I thought it was ferrari??
Old 7 Jun 2002, 04:42 (Ref:306990)   #24
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
I knew very well who you are refering too...
Old 7 Jun 2002, 04:44 (Ref:306992)   #25
freud
Veteran

I see.