Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who would you like to see partner Jenson Button at BAR next year?
Jacques Villeneuve 11 33.33%
Olivier Panis 18 54.55%
Other 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Aug 2002, 21:14 (Ref:356378)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who should BAR keep to partner Jenson Button next year?

Make your choice based on who you think would be a better driver for the team BTW.
Old 12 Aug 2002, 21:54 (Ref:356423)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Panis, he doesn't cost as much, thus giving the team more money to spend on the cars and their development and has proved that he can do the job just aswell as Jacques. BAR aren't at the sharp end of the grid enough to warrent spending that sort of money on a driver!
Old 12 Aug 2002, 23:51 (Ref:356541)   #3
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BAR should go for 'Webber'.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 02:06 (Ref:356591)   #4
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panis, so JV can go back to CART!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 02:35 (Ref:356601)   #5
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Panis, as fast as JV, a better tester and a more serious driver. Given the chance, he coulda been something. I think Jacques is still a great driver, by I think the incentive is waning after four years of trundling around at the back. Olivier is a bargain compared to Jacques.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 02:42 (Ref:356605)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Panis. Quick, great development driver and prepared to work for the team, no questions asked.

BAR could then use the money they pay JV for next-to-no-results and develop the car.

A Button-Panis line-up may not look as formidable as a Button-JV, but when finance comes into it, the former looks the better option.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 09:49 (Ref:356714)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Panis.

Teams should only have drivers who's finances are within their means. Jaguar and BAR are the best demonstrations of this. They cost too much, aren't able to give their very best in less-than-brilliant hardware, and eventually lose motivation, which JV seems very short on.

Plus I'd lvoe to see JV do a one-off season in CART next eyar, especialyl to spite Tony George.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 14:47 (Ref:356898)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JV is a better racer than OP. When it comes down to it, he is the one that gets the results for the team. He was the one with 2 podiums last year. We can call them luck but I feel we make our own luck.
If the team was in the position that Renault, Mac or Williams is in, then JV would be the obvious choice. Since next year they are hoping to have a good car that will be a stepping stone to title contention I feel OP is the more logical choice. He is an excellent PR guy he has tons of experience and though he may not be as aggressive as JV is on the track I do not feel he is far behind in skill and determination. Furthermore, I feel OP would be much more helpful to JB which in turn would help the team. BAR can’t afford to have rivalries, they need unison.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 22:38 (Ref:357315)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want results, then Villeneuve is the man. Panis is quick and consistent - but not outstanding. Jacques is. However, though Panis is probably a better value-for-money prospect.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 19:19 (Ref:357864)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques, but only if he has no other option
Old 14 Aug 2002, 19:31 (Ref:357872)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
Jacques, but only if he has no other option
Surely that means that he may not necessarily want to be there? Abit like staying with a girlfriend because she's the only one available?
Old 14 Aug 2002, 19:57 (Ref:357897)   #12
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...if they want results, JV. If they want development, OP. It's that simple.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 14 Aug 2002, 20:00 (Ref:357898)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR should keep Panis. Villeneuve has had his chance and blew it. Now they should give Panis a chance.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 20:14 (Ref:357908)   #14
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the short term, Panis!
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"