Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2002, 15:42 (Ref:360334)   #1
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive from Raikkonen again

Drive of the day for me came from Kimi. Started 11th, came up to 8th getting around his team mate, Heidfeld and Trulli at the start, put a stunning pass on JPM as revenge for Hock, set a series of impressive low 17s, fastest lap was 3rd overall - faster than RS, left experienced team mate in the dust.

When/if McLaren get a better car together (next year I hope), this is the man TGF will be worrying about.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 15:45 (Ref:360338)   #2
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup!! Kimi will be my next idol after MS

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 18 Aug 2002, 15:59 (Ref:360355)   #3
Kalevi
Rookie

Finland
Kalevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great, exciting stuff from Kimi once again. Especially his payback pass over JPM. Brilliant Kimi!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 16:01 (Ref:360357)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimi drove a brilliant race, shame he want higher up the grid tho. great drive from DC also, nice to see ma 2 fav driver in the points!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 16:23 (Ref:360371)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and cheers for the vid, i could watch that all day!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 16:36 (Ref:360383)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Definatley the drive of the day........as much as JPM is my favourite driver, once again it's great to see these two go head to head again!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 17:10 (Ref:360420)   #7
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another excellent drive by Kimi.

For a car that qualified 11th, taking the fight and winning it over one that qualified 4th is a great achievement... in anybody's book, I reckon
Old 18 Aug 2002, 17:45 (Ref:360451)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi drove a fantastic race. Just a shae he wasn't further up the grid.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 17:58 (Ref:360467)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A yes the one good thing I saw today! Excellent move by Raikkonen on Montoya! A true racers move! Something you rarely see...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 18 Aug 2002, 18:16 (Ref:360475)   #10
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm a JPM fan, but I had to take my hat off to Kimi, he played Juan at his own game and won. Well done to the man...
Old 18 Aug 2002, 19:22 (Ref:360517)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. Kimi is a star. I hope he gets a win soon because of all those out there, barring Button, he deserves it.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 21:28 (Ref:360606)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
A true racers move! Something you rarely see...
Since Hockenheim you mean Jay? Although you don't like Montoya do you, so you've proberbly forgotten that one

Last edited by Mr V; 18 Aug 2002 at 21:29.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 21:39 (Ref:360621)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the last two races we've seen the emergance of the two guys that will make F1 worth watching again. Round 1 JPM in Germany, Round 2 Kimi at Hungary. Great stuff! Lets hope its not long before we see these battles between them as part of the fight for the title.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 21:57 (Ref:360645)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Top stuff! A great drive by Kimi.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 23:12 (Ref:360723)   #15
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He IS my Idol after Mika (Hakkinen). Kimi is the next world champion, I believe he has far more to give to a team than Montoya, or any of the other younger drivers. Just look at him drive, DC's experience counts for absolutely nothing. Nor does Montoya's aggressive stroke or Schumacher's forceful tactics cos Kimi just drives around all three of them. Just GIVE him a that can qualify. That was a fantastic race performance by McLaren, one of the very best of the year.

Some of you guys are disappointed with Ralf? No, try Trulli. He is a shocking, he is JUST shocking. Half asleep, he doesn't know how to race for a full distance. He is absolutely pathetic to watch. I am a believer it now, and I always was that Button is a great driver, and Briatore with his arrogant selfish approach, has made a big mistake in keeping Trulli over Button.

Jordan seem to be coming good finally, great to see too. Ford power will put them in great stead for next year.
Kimi is like Mika. We talk about this all the time at MacAttack forum, and my personal forum called McLAren Racing Ltd, that Kimi is the mirror image of Mika. We have another Mika in Kimi, he drives just like him. He has the same attitude and he will be just as sucessful - In a McLAREN. And guess what, FERRARI CAN'T HAVE HIM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. STICK THAT WEAR IT FITS JEAN TIT.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 00:19 (Ref:360757)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: Great drive from Raikkonen again

Quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Drive of the day for me came from Kimi. Started 11th, came up to 8th getting around his team mate, Heidfeld and Trulli at the start, put a stunning pass on JPM as revenge for Hock, set a series of impressive low 17s, fastest lap was 3rd overall - faster than RS, left experienced team mate in the dust.

When/if McLaren get a better car together (next year I hope), this is the man TGF will be worrying about.
I thought that this was the drive of teh day also. Funny how this young guy shows such maturity - I was initially sceptical when Petr sauber put him in F1, thinking that he should have tested for a year at least. How wrong I was.
I really don't think that there is that much wrong with the McLaren - Michelin chose the wrong compound for the tyres.
Re that pass on JPM, well, I think that it was a no contest situation with JPM in all sorts of trouble going into the corner. Still, I think this fellow will get to be WDC, and I really don't think Ralf has what it takes. Kimi is the better driver.
I guess Ron didn't choose the wrong driver to replace Mika after all.

Valve
Old 19 Aug 2002, 05:26 (Ref:360870)   #17
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was brilliant - absolutely. He's been ouut pacing DC and has had terrible luck this season yet he's been solid when the car hasnt let him down. His move to bully Montoya into a mistake was awesome and was certainly a sign of things to come. Kimi is still so inexerienced but his race craft is fantastic and definately a good sign for Mclaren.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 07:30 (Ref:360931)   #18
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Superb move by Kimi! He matches all on the grid for aggression and is fast. I am really starting to be impressed by him.

When he was behind Button, he was almost Michael-intimidating. I think part of Button's off was to do with the pressure from Raikkonen.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 08:30 (Ref:360959)   #19
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Andrew2001 [i]

Some of you guys are disappointed with Ralf? No, try Trulli. He is a shocking, he is JUST shocking. Half asleep, he doesn't know how to race for a full distance. He is absolutely pathetic to watch. I am a believer it now, and I always was that Button is a great driver, and Briatore with his arrogant selfish approach, has made a big mistake in keeping Trulli over Button.

[/B]
Couldn't agree more, this is the guy Flav has put all his (and Renault's) faith in for podium's and point scoring position's for 2003 - what a mistake.....

BTW, what a feeble start as well.....
Old 19 Aug 2002, 10:39 (Ref:361065)   #20
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My opinion on Kimi is changing with every race into a more positive frame of mind. The kid is a natural and a racer, something seriously lacking on todays F1 grids.

His last three races have all been superb - the drive in France, his battle with JPM in Germany and again his battles and drive in Hungary.

He is the future...... pity he's not exciting enough to talk to.......
Old 19 Aug 2002, 10:44 (Ref:361069)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Defiantely drive of the day- I was shocked when Brundle said he thought it was Rubens. He was aggressive and made a good strategy work, and didn't lose his cool while battling Montoya.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 10:57 (Ref:361087)   #22
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi's fast establishing himself in the team and he's certainly rattled DC's cage. I thought DC's quote to Ted Kravitz where he basically said he expected to be slower than Kimi in qualifying was very surprising and shows how Kimi's gathering momentum in the team. Look out.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 11:14 (Ref:361099)   #23
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed. Kimi is just going to get stronger and stronger. It's easy to forget that Kimi is still barely into his F1 career, and that DC is nearer the end of his than the start.

Fast qualifier, strong racer, brave, cool under pressure and can overtake. Ron's cup runeth over....
Old 19 Aug 2002, 17:46 (Ref:361431)   #24
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My boy did the business again this weekend, a superb drive... GO KIMI!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Old 19 Aug 2002, 18:28 (Ref:361476)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, M Fan, your boy was great !

What about he first win ? Maybe this year yet ?