Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 Sep 2002, 17:05 (Ref:385428)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robbie Crowned F3 Champion

Race 1 results from Donnington.....

British F3, race one results
Pos Driver (Team) Time
1 Heikki Kovalainen (Fortec Motorsport), 23m52.633s
2 Bruce Jouanny (Fortec Motorsport), +1.329s
3 Robbie Kerr (Alan Docking Racing), +2.202s
4 James Courtney (Carlin Motorsport), +8.055s
5 Michael Keohane (Carlin Motorsport), +11.531s
6 Richard Antinucci (Manor Motorsport), +14.204s
7 Rob Austin (Menu Motorsport), +20.819s
8 Robert Dahlgren (Sweeney Racing), +22.988s
9 Fabio Carbone (Fortec Motorsport), +30.566s
10 Clivio Piccione (T-Sport), +31.398s

Scholarship class
1 Roberg Dahlgren (Sweeney Racing)
2 Clivio Piccione (T-Sport)
3 Billy Asaro (Sweeney Racing

Well done Robbie !.....you deserve it big time .
Old 21 Sep 2002, 17:47 (Ref:385441)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He certainly does. All but written off at the start of the season by so many who should really have known better. When you look at some of the people who were predicted to finish ahead of Kerr you really have to wonder what they were thinking of.

I wasn't certain back in the spring that Robbie would win it, but I knew he'd be right up there. Well done to him - he's one of the stars of the year, along with Kovalainen and Carroll.

Few of the rest have really shone and many have been extremely disappointing. Step forward Taylor, Antinucci, and one or two more...
Old 21 Sep 2002, 21:18 (Ref:385564)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how Courtney feels now , after all the pre season favorite stuff that was being put about , it must make his dissapointment even worse....and it must make Robbie's satisfaction even better !
Old 21 Sep 2002, 21:32 (Ref:385574)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the things Kerr said on the podium was that it was nice to prove all his doubters wrong.

Courtney was built up so much he had nothing to gain this year (reminding me of another thread I'm involved in heavily!) whereas Kerr had nothing to lose. A big disappointment for Carlin, too, I imagine.
Old 21 Sep 2002, 22:02 (Ref:385594)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to begrudge Robbie's his success, but lately Heikki has been the star of the series for me. He's been coming on like a train
Old 21 Sep 2002, 22:59 (Ref:385614)   #6
livebait
Rookie

livebait should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd just like to say well done to Robbie and good luck for the future.

Check out Robbies new forum at http://www.robbiekerr.co.uk/forum/

Well Done
Old 22 Sep 2002, 00:46 (Ref:385657)   #7
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Not to begrudge Robbie's his success, but lately Heikki has been the star of the series for me. He's been coming on like a train
Definitely ! For me, Kovalainen is the best driver of the year in British Formula 3...he just lacked some experience in the first part of the season to win the championship.

Bruce Jouanny was very good too... If I had to make a top ten, in championship class, this would be :

1. Kovalainen
2. Kerr
3. Jouanny
4. Carbone
5. Courtney
6. Keohane
7. Austin
8. De Groot
9. Taylor
10. Van der Merwe
Old 22 Sep 2002, 04:30 (Ref:385707)   #8
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah but Robbies the champ!! Well done to Mr.Kerr.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 06:21 (Ref:385719)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
I dont think Robbie can get enough praise for what he has acheived this year with ADR .

As for Kovalainen.....he's just done a incredible job just like he did in Formula Renualt last year , came on realy strong at the end.....He is another one that appears to have a very bright future .

Anyway , this day is for Robbie , I wonder what he will do in race 2 today .
Old 22 Sep 2002, 09:13 (Ref:385756)   #10
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
To win with a team that hasnt won hardly anything in my memory and against a team like Carlin with a hyped guy like Courtney is very impressive. Robbie gets the job done and deserves more praise than these over-hyped guys. He has simply proved to be a better racing-driver than James Courtney. He has shown it can be done without owning half of Brazil or having a Motorports bigwig as your manager! Congratulations again on a magnificent achievement!
Old 22 Sep 2002, 09:24 (Ref:385761)   #11
arrowultima
Rookie

arrowultima should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many races did courtney miss due to his f1 testing accident?
Old 22 Sep 2002, 09:53 (Ref:385770)   #12
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Only the two, at Rockingham. Kerr could stretch his lead over Courtney beyond 42, the maximum that he could have scored in his missed races...
Old 22 Sep 2002, 10:15 (Ref:385777)   #13
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congratulations to Robbie, Iadmit at the start of the season I didn't think he'd win, and bought a ticket for James Courtney PR train!

I guess thats one hat with a side order of chips
Old 22 Sep 2002, 11:15 (Ref:385811)   #14
Shunt the Hunt
Racer

France
Paris
Shunt the Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Yeah but Robbies the champ!! Well done to Mr.Kerr.
Yes but guys like Jonny Kane and Marc Hynes were champions too... look where they are now, whereas guys like Montoya, Webber or Button - who never won any F3 crown - are very well established in Formula 1.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 11:39 (Ref:385828)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope F1 teams see sense and go for Robbie or Heikki rather than some of the guys who've been linked to drives, and certainly rather than Courtney, who should've been unstoppable at Carlin. But then, they did leave Hynes on the shelf, and were duped by Sato's form in superior hardware, so who knows?
Old 22 Sep 2002, 11:49 (Ref:385830)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Shunt the Hunt

Yes but guys like Jonny Kane and Marc Hynes were champions too... look where they are now, whereas guys like Montoya, Webber or Button - who never won any F3 crown - are very well established in Formula 1.
...and then again people like Nelson Piquet, Mika Hakkinen, Aryton Senna, Rubens Barrichello did win the British Formula Three title and did go onto better things...

In all fairness you cant compare Montoya, Webber and Button to the greats of this sport (as entertaining as Montoya is).

The difference with Robbie is that he won the title without being in the best team. Webber drove for ADR years ago and fought valiantly in a part-season yet Robbie has won the title. Hynes won the F3 title with Manor who were topdogs for a while and Jonny Kane was with PSR who were also topdogs. Robbie has done it the under-dog fashion and fairplay to him.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 13:48 (Ref:385884)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Race 2 just about to start now,,,.....i hope Robbie can extend his points gap past what James could have gained through Rockingham....Its unfair if people to dismiss his title just becasue James missed the Rockingham round.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 15:36 (Ref:385916)   #18
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jouanny wins race 2.

1. Jouanny
2. Kovalainen
3. Kerr
4. Courtney
5. Carbone
6. Gilmore
7. Antinucci
8. Bremer
9. de Groot
10. Austin

Final points:

Kerr 306
Courtney 269
Kovalainen 257
Jouanny 249
Keohane 169
Carbone 137
Taylor 122
van der Merwe 98
Austin 94
Antinucci 88
Bremer 86
Hosokawa 51
Gilmore 47
Judice 31
de Groot 29
Hayes 25
Dahlgren 13
Sisley 12
Mayall 12
Andanson 9
Fabi 8
Hodgetts 8
Brusatin 4
Antoniadis 4
Graves 2
Thompson 0
Bleekemolen 0

Last edited by Speedworx; 22 Sep 2002 at 15:37.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 17:33 (Ref:386006)   #19
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any guesses what the title will be in Autosport???

How about...
Kerr-tastic!
Old 22 Sep 2002, 19:50 (Ref:386076)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Or.....

Robbie pushes James down under !
Old 22 Sep 2002, 21:21 (Ref:386151)   #21
Gaffer
Rookie

Gaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm delighted for Robbie. Fantastic achievement. Well done chief!

For Autosport, how about

Kerranaga!!!
Old 22 Sep 2002, 21:34 (Ref:386158)   #22
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how about a James Courtney quote of "I didnt Kerr about the title anyways"
Old 22 Sep 2002, 21:51 (Ref:386166)   #23
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! well done Robbie. I was also one at the start of the season that got caught up in all the Courtney PR. The Aussie was good but not quite good enough to beat Robbie. If he's honest he's been outraced all season by Robbie and when it mattered the ADR man did the job. Never mind the excuses James, if you'd raced at Rockingham and won both races you still wouldn't have beaten Robbie and your excuse that you aint been the same since your F1 accident is nonsense, you still managed to win at Oulton. Its just that everyone else finally found out how to set up the new car which was the advantage that Courtney and Carlin had had all year.

Great celebrations yesterday, still a tad disappointed I didn't get one of those t-shirts!

One word though, I was slightly disappointed with Kerr today. The incidents with him and Courtney have been 50-50 all year for who's fault they've been but Kerr has to be at fault for Van Der Merwe's retirement today, no need to squeeze him like he did. Anyway enough of that, well done Robbie!

Last edited by Gaz; 22 Sep 2002 at 21:54.
Old 22 Sep 2002, 23:10 (Ref:386204)   #24
Telllll
Rookie

Telllll should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is it me or has aussief3 not made any postings for a couple of weeks+ ????
Old 23 Sep 2002, 04:16 (Ref:386291)   #25
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Telllll
is it me or has aussief3 not made any postings for a couple of weeks+ ????
I saw he was on the single-seater thread yesterday when Robbie had won the title!!

He's an aussie and they arent used to losing! I am sure he would have LOVED to congratulate RObbie but his fingers just couldnt type those words...