Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Oct 2002, 12:54 (Ref:405708)   #1
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pablo's Whining..Again

Here goes Pablo..whining, and moaning and crying again...just like he did earlier in the season. Now he's crying about Ralf giving him a hard time and this time its Pablo who's calling for team-orders.

Now, Ralf's team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya has added to the controversy by saying that Ralf gives him, his own team-mate, a harder time than his rivals.

"Sometimes you see harder racing from Ralf with me than with anybody else," Montoya tells British weekly Motorsport News this week. "You don't see Ralf changing lines to block Michael down the straight, do you?

"The only guy he changes his racing against to be harder is me," adds the Colombian. "And that shouldn't be. If you are racing hard with me then you should race hard with everybody. It is not like I am nice to everybody except Ralf."

In what can only be taken as a major swipe at his German team-mate, Montoya adds that perhaps WilliamsF1 should re-think its team orders policy, since the rivalry between the two drivers is preventing them from taking on Ferrari.

"For the fans it is better," says the Colombian. "And that is probably what Frank and Patrick want, they want to see some racing.

"But from a team perspective," he continues. "We are actually worse off than Ferrari. At the Nurburgring if I hadn't moved out of the way he would have taken me off. At Monza he went straight and got a penalty and when he was going to let me by the way he wanted to, it was his fault that Rubens went by."

Maybe Pablo should accept that he has been out driven and out raced by Ralf quite a few times this season and he's damn lucky to have finished ahead of him in the points.

If he wants a team mate who moves over for him then he should go back to CART and team back up with losers like Jimmy Vasser.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 13:25 (Ref:405735)   #2
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think he was whining, he seems like he's taking a dig at Ralf being soft on his brother.

He's also shifting the blame for the accident in America entirely onto Ralf. And justifiably so.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 13:33 (Ref:405738)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he has a point. Ralf is always in cruise-and-collect mode unless JPM is in the vicinity, then you see problems such as Monza and the USA. Ralf doesn't race unless it happens to be JPM.

Oh, and if anyone should be number 2, it should be Ralf.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 13:33 (Ref:405739)   #4
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I was Frank, I'd just carry on letting them race each other. Best man wins (or comes third as the case may be).
Old 16 Oct 2002, 13:42 (Ref:405748)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think that Frank has to restore some order in that team. The drivers clearly hate each other, and, though many of you think that is good, from Frank's perspective, it certainly is not!

It is only good from the perspective of the spectator and Williams' competitors. Ross, Michael, and Jean must be having a good laugh when they read such comments from Juan.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 13:45 (Ref:405749)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, let them have a go at it, Juan will be moving to Ferrari after 2004 anyway...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Oct 2002 at 13:45.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 14:37 (Ref:405779)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Pablo's Whining..Again

Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
"Sometimes you see harder racing from Ralf with me than with anybody else," Montoya tells British weekly Motorsport News this week.
This is exactly what I and several others have said here this year. Shows that we've observed pretty well what has happened in some of the races.

Btw, calling Jimmy Vasser a loser is a bit off target. As far as I remember, a Target Chip Ganassi driver won the 1996 CART title, and it wasn't Alex Zanardi.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 14:57 (Ref:405789)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another feeble attempt by Mania to put down JPM for making a valid point that many of us here have mentioned during the course of the year. If you think this isn't the case then you need to open your eyes.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:02 (Ref:405791)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Pablo's Whining..Again

Quote:
Maybe Pablo should accept that he has been out driven and out raced by Ralf quite a few times this season and he's damn lucky to have finished ahead of him in the points.
????
Code:
                JPM                Ralf
Australia         2                  BE
Malaysia          2 CP                1
Brazil            5 BE                2
San Marino        4                   3
Spain             2                  11 BE
Austria           3                   4
Monaco           Engine               3
Canada           Engine               7
Europe           RI                   4
Britain           3                   8 Pit problems
France            4                   5
Germany           2                   3
Hungary          11                   3
Belgium           3                   5
Italy            Suspension          Engine
USA               4                  16 BE
Japan             4                  Engine
CP=Crazy Penalty
BE=Boneheaded Error
RI=Racing Incedent

So, when both drivers finished (or were taken out by their mistakes), Ralf finished ahead of JPM 5 times, including Malaysia, where JPM should have won. JPM finished ahead 8 times.

I don't think that's luck. He was 8 points ahead. If Malaysia's result is flipped, it would be 16.

Last edited by paul-collins; 16 Oct 2002 at 15:05.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:03 (Ref:405792)   #10
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheese Damon. Last year Ralf said something similar, and maannn... what an outrage. The same point, but brought by Pablo suddenly becomes valid? Anyway, I would be tempted to see which 1010ths members are the most active "anti-teamorders"... of course when it comes to Ferrari...

PS: (r)jnthjtuh. Pablo does NOT go to Ferrari.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:09 (Ref:405794)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Sheese Damon. Last year Ralf said something similar, and maannn... what an outrage. The same point, but brought by Pablo suddenly becomes valid? Anyway, I would be tempted to see which 1010ths members are the most active "anti-teamorders"... of course when it comes to Ferrari...
Well, I don't think team orders are the way to go. Maybe just "Ralf orders."

If Ralfie doesn't race anyone other than JPM, why would Frank keep him?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:13 (Ref:405796)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Hold on right here Paul. Actually the line "he didn't race Ferrari because they're unraceable " is so well known when explaining why a certain Pablo finished 3rd.. NO!!! 4th!! in the races where he was supposed to be "the man" ! Why do you blame Ralf? He Raced Pablo because he had noone else to race! The Ferrari were cruising miles ahead and McLarens were cruising miles behind. What's your point?

Last edited by Red; 16 Oct 2002 at 15:16.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:18 (Ref:405797)   #13
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul-Collins!!! Heeehehee! JPM only one BE?!! Oh man...

I reckon they are as good as each other. As long as they dont get dangerous with each other leave them alone.

Neither of them approach the brilliance and sheer totalness of Michael Schumacher (god).

When does Schumacher have problems with understeer, Hungary or undrivable cars??? He finds a way through being a superhuman driver.

JPM is great fun to watch much in the vein of Massa and Sato but he whines and he thinks he is the match of Schuey SR which is not the case and never will be. When he is destroying Ralf race after race all season THEN I will consider changing my mind.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:27 (Ref:405802)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Juan Pablo must keep his mouth shut (and this comment comes from a hard Fan of him, me !)...

Ralf is another driver, just like Michael or Kimi, so he (JPM) has to fight against the whole grid. It's Ralf's choice to play sissy with his brother or not.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:44 (Ref:405817)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Paul-Collins!!! Heeehehee! JPM only one BE?!! Oh man...
Well, I'm not saying errors. Errors are like the RI I list, where JPM clipped the curb and took out Coulthard.

Boneheaded means driving over the back of Rubens.

I certainly don't think that JPM has shown he's miles ahead of Ralfie, but at least he tries to take it to TGF. TGF's superlative skills and superior machinery makes it almost impossible for JPM, but at least he tries. Unlike Ralfie. (Remember Canada?)

And, even if Ralfie is only racing JPM, he's still not beating him. 8 points. 50-42. Should have been 54-28.

-Bill James
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:47 (Ref:405819)   #16
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Uh-oh... if Ralf sliding and hitting Pablo was a BE, why Pablo sliding and hitting David was a RI? :confused: AT least he only damaged his car, which he managed to take it to the finish line.... Strange... strange...
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:56 (Ref:405826)   #17
Mania
Veteran

Gimme a break paul. That so-called eight point deficit is rubbish..you forget Ralf went out while in a comfortable 3rd position in Suzuka having out classed Pablo all weekend..same goes for Germany..where Ralf was called in for an unscheduled stop costing him a comfortable 2nd place - he went out while leading in Monza, was screwed in the pits both at Montreal and Silverstone....and not to mention the fact that he was involved in a shunt with Pablo in Indy despite running ahead of him at the time.

Ralf should have finished ahead of Pablo but it was just bad luck on his part.

That aside...it still doesent mean Pablo can go whining about team orders. He is no Michael Schumacher. This just proves to me that Pablo is another cry baby who is insecure of his team mate and is desperately trying to get the team to "kill" his competition.

So much for the **** about Pablo being a "real racer"..blah blah.

He should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on driving the car - which is what he`s paid to do.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 15:57 (Ref:405828)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Neither of them approach the brilliance and sheer totalness of Michael Schumacher (god).

I'll have to bite my tongue on this one...
Or i'll might say something stupid... (again)

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Oct 2002 at 15:58.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:01 (Ref:405829)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Gimme a break paul. That so-called eight point deficit is rubbish..you forget Ralf went out while in a comfortable 3rd position in Suzuka having out classed Pablo all weekend..same goes for Germany..where Ralf was called in for an unscheduled stop costing him a comfortable 2nd place - he went out while leading in Monza, was screwed in the pits both at Montreal and Silverstone....and not to mention the fact that he was involved in a shunt with Pablo in Indy despite running ahead of him at the time.
Potato, poTAHto.

Please, if you're going to credit Ralfie for Suzuka or Monza, you'll have to credit JPM for Monaco and Canada.

I don't remember him being screwed in the pits in Canada - but I do remember him not attempting to pass, content to sit in 7th, out of the points.

-Bill James
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:05 (Ref:405835)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Uh-oh... if Ralf sliding and hitting Pablo was a BE, why Pablo sliding and hitting David was a RI? :confused: AT least he only damaged his car, which he managed to take it to the finish line.... Strange... strange...
Judgement call, Red. And I'm not alone.

Look at the press, I think that other than JPM haters and Coulthard, the commentary supports the accident at Nurburgring as "racing incident." The reviews are not so charitable for Ralfie at Indy.

-Bill James
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:07 (Ref:405840)   #21
Mania
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins

I don't remember him being screwed in the pits in Canada - but I do remember him not attempting to pass, content to sit in 7th, out of the points.
Well watch the race again. He WAS screwed in the pits AGAIN which cost him a podium place.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:09 (Ref:405843)   #22
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
I remember Juan Pablo overtaking Kimi & Ralf at the same time !
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:11 (Ref:405844)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

Nevermind...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 16 Oct 2002 at 16:11.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:12 (Ref:405847)   #24
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
What was he doing behind them you conveniently chose to forget...
Old 16 Oct 2002, 16:15 (Ref:405850)   #25
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Unimportant. Results count. You don't get points based on where you were anytime other than the end of the race.

JPM made the pass. He was on the road to the podium, barring equipment failure. Ralfie, despide Mania's assertion, was not.

-Bill James