Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 4 Nov 2002, 02:08 (Ref:421118)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Thinks ...

...that Allan McNish has the second seat at Newman-Haas?

I do.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 03:19 (Ref:421128)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why?

Give me a good theory. Straight swap?

Last edited by mac; 4 Nov 2002 at 03:19.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 04:20 (Ref:421154)   #3
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on financials. Right now the #1 doesnt have a sponsor.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 04:57 (Ref:421158)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possibility for sure.

But there are a number of drivers deserving of seats in CART, but like usual it will come down to money, who can secure it and which drivers have it.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 07:43 (Ref:421207)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is NHR sticking in CART?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:02 (Ref:421239)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Newman-Haas aren't going anywhere. They are 100% behind CART. Like Paul Newman would want to be seem in Nowheresville, USA?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 09:38 (Ref:421254)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, Newman Haas will stay in CART. I doubt we'll see McNish driving for them though, just doesn't seem right.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 10:34 (Ref:421280)   #8
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I'd love to see McNish in Newman Haas, I think he would do well and would also be good for the series. He is a good driver and extremely good communicator especially with the sponsers etc.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 11:41 (Ref:421315)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swap was my idea, plus he looked way too happy to be turning Invisible, while being interviewed at a CART race.

Nothing but a gut feeling other than that. DD said he knew who had the seat but couldn't tell yet. I don't think it's Memo Gidley.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 20:50 (Ref:421702)   #10
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had to venture a guess I'd say Tagliani will get the seat.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:00 (Ref:421708)   #11
power&glory
Racer

power&glory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Newman-Haas going only to have 2 cars? Why not 3?- 1 for bruno, 1 for tags, 1 for mcnish?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:19 (Ref:421716)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Isn't Tags going to drive for Gentilozzi?
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:19 (Ref:421717)   #13
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
P&G, that's a good question. Carl Haas has been very guarded with his statements regarding next year and not much has come out about the Mario connection. Paul Newman is one shrewd guy and has always played his cards very close to the vest, never says anything. I don't think the Newman-Hass story will be completely told until well after the season ends and maybe not before we see who shows up on the starting line next season.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:36 (Ref:421727)   #14
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Liz, Gentilozzi is a possibilty for Tags too but I haven't read anything but speculation on this forum about this have you?

I'm thinking NH is a better fit for both of them. Haas seems to be in a very cautious mode regarding CART these days. Tags is a known CART quantity. He's very talented, not having a good season, but talented and most importantly experienced. I'm not sure Newman-Haas is in a gambling mood for a driver new to a Champcar. Tags on the otherhand knows Newman-Haas can give him a winning ride whereas, Gentelozzi is going to be in start-up mode. Where would you want to be? Hence my guess.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 21:44 (Ref:421734)   #15
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
... I just question the NHR presence for next season after being told certain things in pitlane at Surfers.... time will tell I suppose
Old 4 Nov 2002, 22:01 (Ref:421739)   #16
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Crash Test, do you qusetion depth of presence or any presence? They're not making me feel warm and fuzzy either.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 22:10 (Ref:421748)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
A little from column A, and a little from column B...
Old 4 Nov 2002, 22:31 (Ref:421765)   #18
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
With that answer you could be assured a great future as a politician.

As you say, time will tell.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 23:14 (Ref:421801)   #19
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Allan get a decent seat in CART. And Felipe Massa and yes, Memo Gidley ... McNish was in the commentary booth for a while at Fontana but from what I could make out, he didn't seem overly-keen or confident that he'd be in CART, so I'd only give it a 25% possibility for now.
Old 4 Nov 2002, 23:31 (Ref:421814)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Tags has a confirmed seat with somebody but he has already had his feet nailed to the floor for blurting out that it wasn't with Players so he's saying nothing with great emphasis. It'd be good if he went to NH but I can't see it, myself. My vote goes to Justin Wilson if it isn't Nishy.

The Gentilozzi/Tagliani story also ran in the IndyStar and was mentioned in Autoweek but only as speculation in that publication. Which may or may not mean anything.

P.S. I have already inadvertently learned who the European team is, but unlike the person who "hinted it out", MY lips are sealed.

Last edited by Liz; 4 Nov 2002 at 23:32.
Old 5 Nov 2002, 00:08 (Ref:421832)   #21
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well one team it *isnt*, is Vodafone/Racing-Engineering
Old 5 Nov 2002, 01:03 (Ref:421857)   #22
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Liz might be onto something.... A McNish-DaMatta swap sounds quite plausible.

OTOH, Tags has admitted he's talking with both Newmann-Haas and Gentilozzi, so who knows...

Anyway, it sounds like 90% of the fun we've had for the past few months will be sorted out in the next 3 weeks or so...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 5 Nov 2002, 04:40 (Ref:421927)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Who thinks...

Well, some people in here don't think. You know who you are!

*joke*