Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Jul 2000, 14:58 (Ref:24784)   #1
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Fan,
Hope you are well today. You are the one responsible for me becomming a member of the Ten-Tenths Forum. Since I have been here, I have made several new friends, and have enjoyed the discussions very much. First, I will thank you for getting me involved here. The way this occured was that I saw your invitation to come to Ten-Tenths while I was reading another forum, if I remember, it was on SpeedNet. You were soliciting members to come here, and I took up the invitation. When I got here, I found a good friend, (from a couple of other forums I post on) that was already here, Heeltoe6. Anyway, here is where all of this is leading to, I have seen you post on the ThatsRacing forum from time to time. I know quite a few members from that forum. They are good people that I enjoy communicating with through that forum. They are avid NASCAR fans, and I think that some of them might be a good addition to the Ten-Tenths NASCAR Forum. Why don't you do another "membership drive" and invite them to become members. It might add some "new blood" to our forum here. Even though I have mentioned Ten-Tenths to some of them, I feel that quite a few of them are like I was when I got your invitation, at the time, I had never heard of Ten-Tenths. I don't know, just a thought, what do you think.
Old 22 Jul 2000, 19:48 (Ref:24821)   #2
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, I am glad to have you as a participant on this board. You have made some excellent comments and observations so I am very glad you took me up on the offer. I would like to have more posters here for sure but I really want quality over quantity posters. I want this to be a place to discuss serious NASCAR topics, not the typical stuff you see over on thatsracin.com. You know the type of stuff I am talking about. I have a sense of humor and I don't mind funny topics but on some of these boards, you see a bunch of non-sense. If you extend the invitation to everyone, then you take the risk of getting ****ers.

I probably should get more involved with trying to pull some more quality posters over here but I have been very busy with my research and attempts to get my local hero, Masten Gregory on the ballot and inducted into the KC Sports Walk of Stars. I currently have an article about Masten over on the atlasf1.com website, titled "The Lives and Times of Masten Gregory." Once things settle down a bit, I will do some more recruiting.
Old 23 Jul 2000, 02:35 (Ref:24873)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Lee..you have been an welcomed adition to this forum..and I have enjoyed having the occasional chat with you

as for getting more posters..it probably is a good idea but as Joe fan says quality more than quantity is alsways a good thing to have and I feel you guys know what ya talkin about ..so we are right for the quality stuff...but a bit more of the quantity should spice things up a bit
Old 24 Jul 2000, 00:49 (Ref:25132)   #4
Lee
Racer

Hello Marcus,
Hope you are well. Thank you, I too have enjoyed our occasional chats. Yes, I agree that we need to keep quality, on that point Joe is right, but I just wish there was a little more traffic here. It sometimes seems that several days can go past without replies, or new topics. I was just thinking that Joe might recruit some more members for our forum. I think this is the best kept secret as far as forums go, the only problem I see is that the secret might be a little too secret. Take care.
Old 24 Jul 2000, 01:37 (Ref:25144)   #5
Lee
Racer

Joe Fan,
Yes, I agree that we need to keep quality over quanity. I know that there are a few people on "ThatsRacin" that do post alot of garbage, like to start trouble, etc., but still, there are also alot of good posters over there too. I also recall that "SpeedNet" (where I saw your opened- invitation) has alot of troublemakers, some of them real 1st class jerks, far worse than the ones on "ThatsRacin" IMO. I understand that you might not want to just open up the invitation again like you did on "SpeedNet", I guessed you "dodged the bullet" so to speak, by not getting some of the above mentioned jerks from there over here. As for recruiting from "ThatsRacin", the way to do it might be to go to the profile of a "prospective" member and send him/her a personal invitation through email. That way, you screen them by reading some of their post, and invite them, without risking just anybody being able to show up. This might be a way to keep the up the desired quality. I don't know, just a thought. Hope everything goes well with your project. Take care.
Old 24 Jul 2000, 23:53 (Ref:25352)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, there are some pretty good people over there at thatsracin.com but some of them don't allow their e-mail address to be viewable. I don't spend enough time over there to be able to find good prospects for our forum. If you see any, send them our way. I try in a couple of weeks to get some more people here, when things slow down in my life.