Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Dec 2002, 17:49 (Ref:452801)   #1
TS2
Rookie

TS2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unique Opportunity For Aspiring Formula Renault 2000 Drivers

Are you Interested in Formula Renault for 2003?

Ask yourself the following questions:-
1) Are you Struggling to find the funds for a full blown attack on British FR2000?
2) Are you a young driver who ideally needs to spend a year learning "PROPER" wings and slicks car, without the spotlight being placed on you?
3) Do you think that you might be able be find £50,000 instead of the £120,000 needed for British Formula Renault.
4) Do you want the exciting opportunity to race abroad.
5) Do you want Plenty of racing for your money, 10 meetings, 8 of them Double headers, giving you 18 races.

Have you considered Formula Renault 2000 (the same cars as the UK series) in the Nordic Cup, a high profile, 10 Weekend series racing in Scandinavia, with the Danish Touring Cars.

I am looking for drivers to take over to Denmark, to race with a team who are 7 times Danish champions including multiple Champions in Danish Formula Ford Zetec, FF1600, FF2000, amongst others.

This is a unique opportunity to compete abroad without the language barrier!! Our aim is to win the Danish Formula Renault 2000.

Serious enquiries, Please Contact Martyn Smith – mail@ts2-racing.com

Martyn Smith
Old 19 Dec 2002, 14:22 (Ref:453482)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll do it martyn
Old 19 Dec 2002, 16:45 (Ref:453585)   #3
Full Spec Billy
Rookie

Full Spec Billy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Mackie, did you see the bit at the bottom
"Serious enquiries, Please" !!!!!!!!
Old 19 Dec 2002, 17:27 (Ref:453608)   #4
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is Danish FRS so much cheaper?
Old 19 Dec 2002, 19:01 (Ref:453656)   #5
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think racing in uk is expensive, for example i heard that you could drive in a top german f3 team with around 60-80% of the money you need in british f3
Old 19 Dec 2002, 19:21 (Ref:453670)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The British Championships seem to attract teh ebst from worldwide, especially South America, so tehre is better publicity on offer. The Nordic cup wouldn't hold much merit in tis own right, it would need a 2004 drive on at least British Formula Renault to make for a good career progression, and people would have to wonder "why didn't you do a bigger series"
Old 23 Dec 2002, 14:35 (Ref:456161)   #7
TS2
Rookie

You probably would be looking at using the nordic cup as a learning year. You can do it at a fraction of the cost of the British series, and without the pressure of having to perform miracles. You can spend a year just getting on with overcoming the inevitable learning curve.
Also it is all very well saying "why didn't you do a bigger series" but if you don't have enough money for British FR2000, then surely it is better to be doing SOMETHING, than sitting around saying you'd be doing British Formula Renault IF (the big if) you had £120,000!!

Note: the budget for racing wings and slicks cars is the same as doing Junior Formula Ford.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 22:29 (Ref:456447)   #8
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well for 50,000 you could get a season in Senior F Ford as well, but let's forget about that.

Let's assume that I am a driver and I have a sponsor willing to back me to the tune of 50k.
I tell them I'm off to race in Denmark, and suddenly they pull the sponsorship - and who can blame them.
Why would any British company want to sponsor someone to race in Denmark?
They aren't going to get any TV exposure from it. I don't even recall Autosport giving huge amounts of coverage to Danish motorsport, other than a short report on the Danish Touring cars.
Most British drivers will have British sponsors who require them to race in Britain.

The British F Renault championship may cost more, but you are getting plenty of exposure - all over Autosport and Motorsport News, as well as TV coverage in the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and South America...and if you do well, a good chance of becoming a BRDC McLaren Autosport Young Driver Of The Year Nominee.

...And you get the chance to learn circuits like Silverstone, Donington and Brands Hatch. I don't recall any major international single seater series visiting the Jyllandsringen recently.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 00:21 (Ref:456509)   #9
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I had £50k I would go talk to a team planning to run in the UK Championship.Sure you won't get a drive at Fortec,Manor,Motaworld etc but some of the smaller teams will be interested.Even half a season in the UK is better than doing the entire Danish series.If you want cheap single-seater mileage do FPA or ARP F3.If you are quick and serious about a career,do as many UK FRenault rounds as you can afford and make a big impression when you do!Hope you get some drivers Martyn but why not find a really quick kid with a part budget and scare the big teams silly!A podium finish would put TSR on the map.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 00:50 (Ref:456521)   #10
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably because most normal people need to learn racecraft somewhere in the world and being out of the spotlight will do them more good. If you can go to Denmark and win the championship you will get more exposure than doing the British championship and coming 20th. There are very few drivers that have been doing European/World karting that are good enough AND have the money to jump straight into a Formula Renault or Ford and do very well. That is why we have had a Junior Formula Ford championship for the past few years, it give drivers a chance to learn to win for not much money.

Also please can you tell me where to get a drive in Formula Ford for £50k?? especially one with little/no experience.

And can you tell me how many drivers have sponsorship that isnt from Dads/Uncle/other family??? again especially those with little/no experience.

Martyn's offer is very good for any driver that is not expecting to win British Ford or Renault in their first year, and therefore does not want to risk 100k. They could walk away with a championship belt which is far more marketable than 20th+ in the british championship.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 01:42 (Ref:456528)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

Heh isnt a new Senior Ford roller with no engine or dampers like 20k?
Old 24 Dec 2002, 03:04 (Ref:456541)   #12
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Yes!
2) Yes!
3) Hell no!

Hmm... With £50k? Low-budget season of Group N down in Oz.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 08:07 (Ref:456637)   #13
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic
Most British drivers will have British sponsors who require them to race in Britain.
Yes, right!! I don't think so. The number of truly 'sponsored' cars in the whole of UK FF and FR must be about two!

This seems like a good deal fro someone who wants to view it as a two (or even three) year deal to do Renaults - learn without pressure....
Old 24 Dec 2002, 08:13 (Ref:456638)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

or if you do have a budget, depending on what the Danish FRS test rules are like, you could get in a ton of quality testing mileage. Then if you showed up in .co.uk the next year and started showing people up, people would be all over you
Old 24 Dec 2002, 16:46 (Ref:456864)   #15
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you do the UK Championship and come 20th you might as well pack up a serious career because you obviously aren't good enough.Get in there and take a few podiums - you can do that for £50k if you have the talent.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 16:57 (Ref:456874)   #16
TS2
Rookie

I have to Agree with Mackmot and JR Ewing, there is very little sponsorship the UK, not where a company says, heres £50,000 for you to go racing.

For a start the TV coverage is the ONLY thing they will be able to use, and that is on at 4 in the morning. need I say no more. Any sposors go to works BTTC teams now, as they get far better value.

As far as TS2 running a quick driver goes, you cannot run a serious team in British Fr2000, unless you have budget!!! It is a myth that you can do a good job for £50,000. Doing half a season is not practical when you employ proper staff, and it is no way to go racing. This was why we made our decision to stop running cars in FR.

Can anyone think back to Winter series of 2000? We ran my brother Adam, and he ran a competetive top 3. OK some over abitious overtaking meant he fell off from third at Donington, at Round 2 at Silverstone,
we came 2nd, just behind Richard Antinucci’s Manor Motorsport car, in front of Top European team RC Benetton, and well ahead of Mcgloghlin at Motorworld Racing.
At Pembrey we were fast in testing, but was taken out at the first hairpin. but did we find any funded drivers, no... Because there are very little funded drivers around.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 17:02 (Ref:456881)   #17
TS2
Rookie

in this day and age, everyone has to look at new ways of going racing. If i had £1 for every driver i spoke to last year that said they didnt have quite enough for british Renault, I would have had a budget!!! If youve got £50,000 you need to spend that in the best way possible. You can test to your hearts desire in Scandinavia, and get a good quality learning year under your belt. Does this not help the credibilitly for 2004, Nordic Renault Champion??? If there are sponsors wanting to sponsor you, isnt that impressive, people LOVE champions. Especially Autosport/Motorsport News!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 Dec 2002, 17:08 (Ref:456885)   #18
Russfeld
Veteran

Well lets assume you go out and dominate the Nordic championship. I dont you'll get any money out of it. I doubt winning the British title will get you any money unless you get picked up by someone like Renault F1
Old 25 Dec 2002, 00:06 (Ref:457047)   #19
littleman
Veteran

Colin Brown and James Andanson made a real impression in FRenault last year even though they didn't do the whole season.Both flagged themselves up as talented drivers which would never of happened in Denmark.
Old 25 Dec 2002, 02:52 (Ref:457088)   #20
Russfeld
Veteran

and Colin Brown has disappeared into the Italian racing scene and I have no idea what James Anderson is doing.

I dont remember Brown doing that much last year, care to refresh me?
Old 25 Dec 2002, 22:13 (Ref:457355)   #21
littleman
Veteran

5th at Brands in his first ever race,4th at Thruxton next time out after being quickest in testing at the same venue.Leading Winter Series race at Donington before suffering gearbox problem.Can match Hamilton if he gets with right team.Got free FRenault drive in Italy this year because he showed he had talent in UK.Doing Euro F3000 next year.