Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Dec 2002, 00:55 (Ref:453870)   #1
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes or Posche's Return?

:confused: I was just wondering if anyone had any idea when Porsche would return to Le Mans? I have missed them very much. Also, I have found a new updated version of the CLK GTR, called the CLK GTR Super Sport, at supercars.net. Does anyone think Mercedes could ever come back too?
Old 20 Dec 2002, 01:09 (Ref:453876)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Mercedes could return but we have to wait.... Be patient...
Old 20 Dec 2002, 04:41 (Ref:453953)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I for one would be might suprised to see a Mercedes running at LeMans again, unless somehow it was built without factory blessing. Now, I appreciate that this Zonda is reported to have a Merc V12, but I'm referring to an actual Mercedes.

Porsche is rumoured to be looking at 2005 for their re-emergence.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 07:32 (Ref:454021)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mercdeds I can not see it happening for a long long time.........

and as for Porsche, 2005, hopefully..................
Old 20 Dec 2002, 07:48 (Ref:454026)   #5
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They did build -25- of those CLK-GTRs. Interesting number.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 08:25 (Ref:454039)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After the psychological pasting Mercedes have had at Le Mans recently, I would also be very surprised to see them back again until such time as they really know they can walk it......
Old 20 Dec 2002, 08:57 (Ref:454057)   #7
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
After the psychological pasting Mercedes have had at Le Mans recently, I would also be very surprised to see them back again until such time as they really know they can walk it......
...... as opposed to fly through the air backwards!
Old 20 Dec 2002, 09:00 (Ref:454059)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Id heard that Porsche might be entering Le Mans and the FIA GT series in 2004. With the Porsche Carerra GT. Would be good to see them back in one of the bigger classess, although it would only be GTS not a LMP car which is a pity.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:26 (Ref:454090)   #9
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Id heard that Porsche might be entering Le Mans and the FIA GT series in 2004. With the Porsche Carerra GT.
Are you talking about a privateer enter or Porsche factory team?

Porsche is looking at 2005 for their return not 2004.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:15 (Ref:454190)   #10
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Id heard that Porsche might be entering Le Mans and the FIA GT series in 2004. With the Porsche Carerra GT. Would be good to see them back in one of the bigger classess, although it would only be GTS not a LMP car which is a pity.
According to Porsche officials, this would not be a 'Porsche' entry. I suppose a privateer though........
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:30 (Ref:454200)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
According to Porsche officials, this would not be a 'Porsche' entry.
Darn. The GT1 were really great... hope they'll do something of that kind...
Old 20 Dec 2002, 13:54 (Ref:454218)   #12
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Porsche bring any class of car to LeMans. As long as it doesn't in any way resemble a 911. Anything that even remotely looks like a 911 should get a weight penalty!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 20:46 (Ref:456378)   #13
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think that a porsche entry would really mix up the field and be a good publicity creator for le mans, i also think that a ferrari bid to win le mans again would be exciting if it were to happen but i havent heard anythin about this....
Old 23 Dec 2002, 21:19 (Ref:456399)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, sorry it would be a privateer. Although u never know it may be a works supported car like the Freisnger team have, lets hope so!
Old 23 Dec 2002, 22:39 (Ref:456453)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by lowieracing
i think that a porsche entry would really mix up the field and be a good publicity creator for le mans, i also think that a ferrari bid to win le mans again would be exciting if it were to happen but i havent heard anythin about this....

I think most of us will share these thoughts lowie.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 05:00 (Ref:456580)   #16
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, unfortunately both Mercedes and Porsche are missing out, but look back five years and see their prototypes were so aerodynamically sensitive that they went up in the air and crashed.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 07:55 (Ref:456635)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunatly I don't know anymore that is written here, but hopefully now that Porsche have finished their pointless 4x4 they can get back to where they belong.

And it can't be soon enough.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 09:42 (Ref:456656)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Speeddemon555
Yep, unfortunately both Mercedes and Porsche are missing out, but look back five years and see their prototypes were so aerodynamically sensitive that they went up in the air and crashed.

But you'd think with all their massive resources and technical know-how, they'd have solved that particular problem by now.
Old 24 Dec 2002, 15:42 (Ref:456834)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Speeddemon555
The final Mercedes CLR LM had some issues, no questions, but I don't really believe that the Porsche 911 GT1 has issues really. It went over once, at Road Atlanta, and may have been more of a track issue then car, as you may recall the BMW LMR also went over there.

Think of the number of GT1's and the mileage they put on, without further rollovers.
Old 26 Dec 2002, 22:32 (Ref:457838)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I can say is some of you might be suprised at what happens if what I have heard all works out...
Old 2 Jan 2003, 11:17 (Ref:461917)   #21
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so what have you heard?
Old 2 Jan 2003, 12:35 (Ref:461954)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There are beans to be spilled here, I think......
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:36 (Ref:462028)   #23
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
All I can say is some of you might be suprised at what happens if what I have heard all works out...
Go ahead ! We're starving !!!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 13:49 (Ref:462050)   #24
Rhino
Racer

Rhino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what i heard it would be a mid engined Mclaren with Mercedes power!
Old 2 Jan 2003, 14:02 (Ref:462067)   #25
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be a serious works contender it would need to have been testing before now. Anything that looked like a McLaren would be bound to have been seen.
A private project on the other hand would be possible if someone had the money, but why change from the well known BMW power unit?
BTW was a Mclaren not seen testing at silverstone a few months back? swiftly and very publicly denied as being anthing other than a shakedown from a rebuild..........