Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Dec 2002, 11:55 (Ref:454132)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Farfus to combine Sportscars and F3000?

Rising Brazilian star Augusto Farfus has the oppurtunity to race in the FIA GT or ALMS as well as Euro F3000. His main aim is F3000 although he could run with JMB Competition in the ALMS or FIA GT. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.as...41&language_id=

Anyone know anything about him? Ive never heard of him up until now but he sounds good.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 16:03 (Ref:454298)   #2
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a few pics of him in EURO F3000 in Monza last July

http://www.f3000.com/2002/2002_pres..._laurakutis.htm
Old 20 Dec 2002, 19:05 (Ref:454423)   #3
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He won the Formula Renault Eurocup in 2001 (following in Felipe Massa's footsteps the prevoius year) and moved to Euro 3000 this year, finishing a best of 3rd at Spa. I think he ended up about 6th in the championship.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 19:32 (Ref:454445)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, nice pics Dany.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 21:52 (Ref:454522)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
talking about hype, he's had a lot of it surrounding him. he underperfomed this year in comparison to the hype he got at the start of the year.

saleen if you watched the junior series more you wouldn't need to make snap judgements when these drivers come into the series you're remotely interested in...
Old 20 Dec 2002, 21:59 (Ref:454527)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I wasnt making a snap judgement about him. And as for a lot of hype, no I dont think so a top team like JMB woudnt be hiring him unless he was good. And he certainly woudnt be looking at a seat with Draco for 2003 unless he was.

As for watching the Junior series more, I watch plenty thanks, just because I ask 1 question about 1 driver dosent mean Im not intrested in the Junior categories.

But I mean u obviously do and u have made it clear to me ur distaste to International F3000 THE breeding ground for future F1 drivers. I only asked a simple question, no need to go off at me.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 22:06 (Ref:454529)   #7
Ronnoco
Rookie

Ronnoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bella,
Saleen has a serious point in that last post, you were pretty harsh considering what he has said.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 22:13 (Ref:454533)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
past record.
i withdraw the statement but not the meaning.

remember motorsport's about money not talent. anyone can buy a drive with a top drive if they have enough money and can get a midfield position in qualifying. don't believe the bulls**t.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 22:15 (Ref:454534)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Okay well lets just agree to disagree on this, all I know is JMB dont hire bad drivers and if they are going to hire him for the ALMS campaign I doubt very much that he is a bad driver.

(P.S I see ur point but it was only his first season in Euro F3000 this year, lets agree to disagree.)
Old 21 Dec 2002, 00:09 (Ref:454582)   #10
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saleen, you may want to check up on Euro 3000 at the official tiscali site:

http://euro3000.tiscali.co.uk/

Farfus is good, but he didn't make such a seamless transition to Euro 3000 from F.Renault as Massa did the year before with the same team. He seemed to get involved in a lot of incidents through the year.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 00:37 (Ref:454604)   #11
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen I know bella very well and she does definately go to and have interests in just about all junior motorsport. And she definately doesnt have a thing against F3000, she is seeing one of the drivers who may be doing it next season and spends most of her time defending the championship. The arguements bella puts forward are usually very valid and well founded. When she posts it is not just from a spectators point of view.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 11:37 (Ref:454807)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Neither is mine, I like most forms of junior racing, although i make no secret that Im not a huge fan of Formula 3 and Formula Renault although every other form of racing I am.

And Bella said to me that she dosent like F3000 in comparisson to TWS because its over rated and its failing and its too expensive etc. I on the other hand like the series. However Ive said before I want to let the matter drop, can u do the same?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 16:53 (Ref:454948)   #13
jjjoseee
Racer

jjjoseee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, augusto farfus is one of the most important promises from brazil. i don't know why for a regular sesason anyone can say he is a bad driver... by the way, do you see his past season?... so i don't understand you bella
Old 21 Dec 2002, 18:56 (Ref:454999)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think he could have performed better. if he was learning the car, he should do it quicker if he wants to be a star. if that was his standard pace, he needs to speed it up more.
i remain to be convinced but that doesn't mean i can't be. being in the unfortunate position of not being able to watch everything in depth, i haven't been able to watch the season, nor develop a deep understanding of the formula. but my opinion is he should be doing better if he's supposed to be very good.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 18:58 (Ref:455000)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Justin Wilson didnt do very well in his first year of International F3000 though, he finished 18th. Then he got better in 2000 and scored a few points then in 2001 blew evry record away and everyone else.

Maybe u are right Bella, then again maybe ur not. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:30 (Ref:455011)   #16
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Brazilian hype machine is simply incredible... Every moron who can left-foot brake is supposedly the next Senna!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:33 (Ref:455013)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I admit, it is a bit hyped up yeah. Although I dont think ur being entirley fair. Pizzonia is defintly a star for the future and Rubens has a lot of years left to prove what he can REALLY do. Give him a competitive car and no team orders and I bet he will seriously impress.

Perhaps not win the title but he will certainly finish closer to MS than he did this year. Oh and give him a RELIABLE car. Still that aint gonna happen.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:36 (Ref:455017)   #18
Lee Janotta
Veteran

If he isn't going to win the championship, he's got no business being in F1. And I _like_ Rubens, but F1's supposed to be the best of the best.

Racing as a professional isn't for everyone... And y'know where most of these guys are going to end up? Clogging the CART field for the next decade.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:44 (Ref:455019)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I dont agree with u. If Rubens got the same treatment as Ferrari in every way he could beat MS. Maybe not beat him to the title though.

As it stands nobody can beat MS. They are all wanting to beat him obviously, thats not the issue. U say that if he isnt going to win the championship he has no business being there, well then neither does the other 18 drivers as only 1 person can win the title.

Also I belive it is down to the driver and the teams to decide if he belongs in the championship or not, dont u?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 19:59 (Ref:455022)   #20
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Mmm... Nope. 'cause they're too interested in money.

It's not a merit-based system, but that's what it's presented as. It's really about politics and either bringing in sponsors or your own money (or your daddy's).

I think there are several drivers in F1 who could beat Schumi in a fair fight: JPM, Kimi, Jacques, Fisi, and maybe Rubens. But if you say that someone doesn't have a chance at winning the championship in his career, I have to ask why he's taking up the seat!

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 21 Dec 2002 at 20:00.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 20:03 (Ref:455023)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Well lots dont, all depends on what team they get into and the breaks they get, as u know. Most do I admit but a lot of them dont. The best example for me currently is Heidfield..
Old 21 Dec 2002, 20:06 (Ref:455025)   #22
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Mmm... Nope. 'cause they're too interested in money.

It's not a merit-based system, but that's what it's presented as. It's really about politics and either bringing in sponsors or your own money (or your daddy's).

I think there are several drivers in F1 who could beat Schumi in a fair fight: JPM, Kimi, Jacques, Fisi, and maybe Reubens. But if you say that someone doesn't have a chance at winning the championship in his career, I have to ask why he's taking up the seat!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 21:55 (Ref:455065)   #23
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Why did u post the same message 2 times? Just wondering. Was it a mistake?
Old 22 Dec 2002, 11:24 (Ref:455392)   #24
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to see him in the FIA GT Championship.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 13:35 (Ref:455472)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yeah defintly, the GT and NGT class is stronger in the FIA GT series than the GTS and GT class of the ALMS anyway.