Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2000, 12:24 (Ref:26613)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

the Arrows team always have problems it seems, now Jos his engine would'nt start, so he could'nt drive when the track was dryer, the problem was that they could'nt put the starter into the engine because it did'nt fit, that Jos was able to qaulify like he did(11th) was great, he really showed good driving skil. I don't know if everyone outside holland got the onboard view on that lap, but it was great.
But then the question: why does Jos always seem to have bad luck??, it's just unfair. He would have been quiker than Pedro for sure, because he's a much better driver in the rain, well let's hope Jos luck will change for the race, a litle rain would be very helpfull.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 12:27 (Ref:26616)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, we got the in car cam. And yes, he did a brilliant job.

Jos is better than Pedro in my opinion, but he does always have the bad luck in the team, rather like Herbert at Jaguar.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 15:06 (Ref:26644)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the starter wouldnt fit ??????

what the heck is going on ..sounds like its all going pear shape for the orange team
Old 29 Jul 2000, 16:22 (Ref:26658)   #4
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

Jos gave the reason for that on http://www.verstappen.nl : a bolt in the undertray was to tight so it blokked the starter, another fine Job from the Arrows crew!
Old 29 Jul 2000, 22:20 (Ref:26726)   #5
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you all are underating Pedro... PdlR is a very great driver, like he's showing us this year, and showed us winning F-Renault, F-3, F-Nippon and the Japan GT tittles...

Once the season finished, we'll see the grid positions, race classifications and final standings and I think Pedro will outclass Jos. Wait and see.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 22:54 (Ref:26727)   #6
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I don't like to be radical I my positions but after half of the season I can't agree with you guys, Pedro is obviously the young guy beside Fisichella with the highest talent outhere and I am sorry but I don't think Jos is even in the same league. Why?

Pedro's career--- growing stage
Jos's career--- mature stage

and Pedro has been quicker than Jos the majority of the season, of course you are welcome to desagree but this is my most sincere opinion.
Old 29 Jul 2000, 23:18 (Ref:26732)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I would love to see both Pedro and Fisi driving for Ferrari at hte same time - it would be a great team, and most interesting.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 00:50 (Ref:26750)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi and Trulli - two Italian boys in Red Cars - Tifosi Heaven!

But Jos is a very good pilote who has the same ill luck that Second Cars always seem to have - when there's only enough for one guy, it's always the same guy who gets whatever it is.

I hope he gets a good drive next year. I hear Zonta is getting the Arrows drive.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 01:45 (Ref:26752)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Is Jarno Italian?? I always thought he was Portuguese?? I must be slipping!!!!! Anyway, I don't think Ferrari will put two Italians in their team. In fact, after Bandini's tragic accident, I think the Commendatore was very much against having an Italian in his team again. But you are right - the Tifosi would go stark raving mad at the sight of two Italians in Ferraris on the front row.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 04:57 (Ref:26769)   #10
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
I was talking about their qualities in the rain, when you look at the canadian gp you can see that Jos is much better in the wet, so if only he could have left the pits at the same time as Pedro he would be quiker. But there's also one thing you must remember: Pedro is older then Jos. And the circuits that are ahead now are some of Jos his favorites, so I think JOs will increase on his one point lead on Pedro.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 20:06 (Ref:27033)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

it never seems to end,in the warmup the front brakes did'nt work, so Jos wen't of at 280 kph, in the race Jos his engine cover blew of one one side so he lost 100 kg of his downforce, the safetycar came out just after his stop, so he again lost a lot of time, later Ralf spun in front of him and to avoid him he had to drive across the gras losing 7 places, then Diniz(he should be banned) had his crash with Alesi in front of him, again he lost time, when Villeneuve had his spin it was just in front of him, losing him even more time, but still five laps before the end he was not far behind Pedro in 7th(unbelevible with al that bad luck) but Jos tried a litle to hard an spun into the gravel, but that was also a result of the lost downforce.
Jos comented after the race: "I was in 7th place and that doesnt count for me, I wanted to go for 6th"

[image]http://www.arrowsf1.com/arrows/formule1/images/uploads/000730-d00gm403-800.jpg[image]

it's a real strang sight a Arrows in the nude!!

Old 30 Jul 2000, 20:37 (Ref:27040)   #12
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin de Miguel
Pedro is obviously the young guy beside Fisichella with the highest talent out there
I know another one. I'll give you a hint - his initials are RS.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 20:50 (Ref:27043)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am pleased with the Arrows, and specially with Pedro...
Jos was always a talented driver, with bad luck. Both of the 3 deserves better luck (I mean the team too).
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:17 (Ref:27053)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Jos Verstappen is not as good as he has always been hyped up to be. The way he has been shown up by de la Rosa, a driver with less than 2 years' experience, is something that should make him feel embarrassed.
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:24 (Ref:27056)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

Did'nt you read anything I wrote Ralfs girl????????, Jos had al the bad luck this weekend an Pedro did'nt, Jos was closing on Pedro who still had all his downforce left
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:27 (Ref:27057)   #16
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ain't that a bit to harsh Ralf's Girl. Nobody has to be ashamed to be beaten by PdlR in the first place. Secondly PdlR does not show Verstappen of, he's just faster sometimes (and slower other times).
Old 30 Jul 2000, 21:52 (Ref:27074)   #17
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Sure, Pedro de la Rosa is a very talented driver, but with his exoerience, you would expect Verstappen to be faster. He may have had bad luck, but it seems to me that Verstappen, at many races, just can't reach de la Rosa's pace.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 09:29 (Ref:27189)   #18
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Especially at the first races Pedro outqualified Verstappen. It took Jos 10 seconds to drive past him and stay ahead of him for the rest of the race.
Pedro has scored 2 sixth places, Verstappen a fifth. They're not that far apart.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 15:11 (Ref:27242)   #19
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
You haven't been paying atention Ralf's girl, I still remember the race in austria, where Jos after pitting for a nose cone change, set the fastes lap of the race twice.
And in this race Jos was in 7th not far behind Pedro, even with all his bad luck, so I think it's the other way around, Pedro can't keep up with Jos pace in the race.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 16:31 (Ref:27273)   #20
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve is beautiful to see how you support your favourite driver but saying that Pedro can't keep up with Jos in the Race!!!!!

Are you blind? Are you insane?
Old 31 Jul 2000, 17:17 (Ref:27280)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
no, martin, just replying to Ralf's girl's words, they are evenly matched I would say, But Jos has more fighting spirit and gets more airtime thanks to his will to overtake, hopefully he won't need that next race, Hungary is one of his favorit circuits, let's hope the Arrows can handle it and let's also hope the mechanics do their Jos right now, maybe thet should take lessons from Pedro's mechanics, they do a much better job.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 19:00 (Ref:27296)   #22
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
But don't forget that in the German GP, it was Verstappen who threw it into the gravel trap, while de la Rosa held it together. Can we all stop having a go at the new girl please?
Old 31 Jul 2000, 19:21 (Ref:27306)   #23
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
it was a combination of things that made Jos spin, like I said: he was missing downforce and topspeed because of the missing engine cover, it's a miracle that he held it together that long, and he was even in 7th place, and I'm still angry at your boyfriend who trew it away for himself and Jos by spinning in front of the next best thing to rubinho (yesterday that is)
Old 31 Jul 2000, 19:37 (Ref:27308)   #24
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland

next chapter!!!!!!!!, a few guys on the dutch forum on http://www.verstappen.nl have been watching the videotapes they made of the gp closely, they have bernies digital signal and have other(mostly better) camera positions, they were watching closely at Jos his spin, because the dutch commentator on that channel, Jan Lammers thought he saw smoke comming from the Arrows after the spin, after studying the tapes they came to the conclusion that:

A The car spun long before the corner
B there was a fire going on after the spin

so maybe an oil leak, and it was'nt Jos his fault afterall it seems.
Old 31 Jul 2000, 20:02 (Ref:27313)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
I'm still angry at your boyfriend who trew it away for himself and Jos by spinning in front of the next best thing to rubinho (yesterday that is)
If you looked at the replays, then you would see that Ralf did not 'throw it away', he was hit by the maniac that is Ricardo Zonta.