Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What has been the most successful GT car of the past 10 years
Mclaren F1 7 50.00%
Jaguar 0 0%
Lotus Espirit 0 0%
Other 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Feb 2003, 11:36 (Ref:503209)   #1
Chris Stockdale
Rookie

Chris Stockdale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who has been the most successful GT team

Who has been the most succsessful GT team of the past 10 years
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:16 (Ref:503255)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'd have to plump for the Viper. Once ORECA fettled it for 1997, they couldn't stop winning, and even now, long in the tooth though it may be, it has still won the FIA GT championship two years in a row. And sounds fantastic!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 12:39 (Ref:503290)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
GT? Do you mean GT, or GT1, GT2, GT3, GTS etc?

If its GT in general terms, has to be ORECA for me.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 11 Feb 2003 at 12:40.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 14:22 (Ref:503412)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Easily the Porsche 911 chassis. Who else has won so many races at so many different levels?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:40 (Ref:503476)   #5
ZXKawboy
Rookie

ZXKawboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 911. Duh.

30+ years of one car, replete with racing the entire span of its lifetime. Development and refinement, folks, not re-inventing every few years.

The Porsche 911. Hands down.

(sorry if this post seems somewhat disgruntled...am sufering from bronchitis, and feel generally like a pair of used sweat-socks smells...pretty bad.)
Old 11 Feb 2003, 16:50 (Ref:503485)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought the question was the most successful GT team not the most successful car?
Old 11 Feb 2003, 17:33 (Ref:503548)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ORECA or Joest I would say...........
Old 11 Feb 2003, 18:37 (Ref:503597)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I thought the question was the most successful GT team not the most successful car?
Sorry, your right, the poll threw me off, as it too doesn't address the question as written in text.

I guess, I too would have to agree, that Oreca would be that team.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:38 (Ref:503686)   #9
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The R8. A handful of deafeats in 3 years ain't bad!
Old 11 Feb 2003, 20:44 (Ref:503688)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me id say it has to be the Oreca Viper.
Old 11 Feb 2003, 23:42 (Ref:503889)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Porsche 911, hands down.

The R8 isn't a GT car is it?
Old 12 Feb 2003, 00:46 (Ref:503935)   #12
FastJoel31
Veteran

United States
Near Watkins Glen
FastJoel31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'll put it this way.

GTP - Jaguar XJR-(x)
GTS/GTO - Dodge Viper
GT/GTU - Porsche 911

GTP Team - TWR
GTS/GTO Team - ORECA
GT/GTU Team - Any team supported by Porsche factory...
Old 12 Feb 2003, 16:25 (Ref:504575)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm confused. Best GT CAR or best GT TEAM? Car, as I say, Viper; team, probably ORECA (don't forget their 1991 Le Mans win with Mazda) but AMG were overwhelmingly dominant, albeit for a short time.
Old 12 Feb 2003, 18:22 (Ref:504678)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're right of course - the topic doesn't match the poll. As we've had endless discussions in the past as to the best car, perhaps this one could be reserved to the most successful team? If Chris doesn't mind, I'll see if I can adjust the poll. (I don't know if I can actually do that).
Old 12 Feb 2003, 18:23 (Ref:504680)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On the other hand, does anyone disagree that it's ORECA (and I won't bother!).