Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Apr 2003, 11:54 (Ref:568967)   #1
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I almost puked!

Commercial, nice Honda S2000. THEN, Mikey as driver ed teacher keeps telling the student driver to 'turn left here.'. Finishes with student "Why don't we turn right?" Mikey "Why would you want to do THAT?" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Old 14 Apr 2003, 12:03 (Ref:568976)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wish we got that ad over here. Can I download it somewhere?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:44 (Ref:569055)   #3
Bizzo5000
Racer

Bizzo5000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikey "Why would you want to do THAT?"
Because that's where you and your family made your freaking money so that you can be a traitor you moron! I was litteraly screaming at my TV when I saw that.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 14:16 (Ref:569081)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There have to be laws against this sort of thing, corrupting the public's mind as to what RACING is jsut to allow Honda and Mikey to save face. Frankly, I think there's some real justice in the way two of his drivers have got injured in the last week. If only it'd been Michael himself. He's a disgrace to the great Andretti family and everything they've achieved honourably.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:07 (Ref:569208)   #5
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You people really need to get a life. I mean, I don't like the All Oval League either, but that ad was funny.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 18:34 (Ref:569311)   #6
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds pretty tongue in cheek to me
Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:20 (Ref:569490)   #7
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Why would we want to do that ?"

Ok, made me giggle. But I'm sure someone here will remember it in 2 or 3 years if he ever fields a car in Cart.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 23:35 (Ref:569588)   #8
rookie
Rookie

rookie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i say CART makes a commercial with a great come back
Old 14 Apr 2003, 23:56 (Ref:569606)   #9
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the Ford commercial goes something like...

Another student driving with instructor (Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser etc.) saying turn right, turn left, turn right. The kid says "but my buddy only had to turn left" and the reply is "It takes a real car and real driving skills to get a real license. Do you have what it takes?"

By the way, did they show the end of the Honda commercial where the car slams the wall and the student driver breaks his back?

Last edited by Flatspot; 14 Apr 2003 at 23:59.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 00:02 (Ref:569610)   #10
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
There have to be laws against this sort of thing, corrupting the public's mind as to what RACING is jsut to allow Honda and Mikey to save face. Frankly, I think there's some real justice in the way two of his drivers have got injured in the last week. If only it'd been Michael himself. He's a disgrace to the great Andretti family and everything they've achieved honourably.
I am no Andretti fan in anyway but it shows how little class you have to wish injury upon any racing drivers.

Last edited by corkholio; 15 Apr 2003 at 00:02.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 00:18 (Ref:569616)   #11
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ad is funny - and, guys, it is the best pro-CART piece Honda could come up with!
Old 15 Apr 2003, 00:58 (Ref:569635)   #12
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"By the way, did they show the end of the Honda commercial where the car slams the wall and the student driver breaks his back?"

Old 15 Apr 2003, 00:59 (Ref:569637)   #13
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Muzza is correct. At the end of the ad it says some thing about how all left turns will take a lit bit of getting used to...

I don't know, but I think Toyota and Honda have been hinting all along that thier AOL experience will only last two years.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 05:18 (Ref:579027)   #14
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flatspot
So the Ford commercial goes something like...

Another student driving with instructor (Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser etc.) saying turn right, turn left, turn right. The kid says "but my buddy only had to turn left" and the reply is "It takes a real car and real driving skills to get a real license. Do you have what it takes?"
Yep....Completly agrees...the ad was funy....the best PR Cart received this year...Pook must have fallen off his chair when he saw it .....Ford has to be planning a comercial...and they must be salivating right now.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 06:00 (Ref:579046)   #15
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Flatspot
By the way, did they show the end of the Honda commercial where the car slams the wall and the student driver breaks his back?
Man, thats good stuff.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 14:40 (Ref:579463)   #16
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I don't like Mikey. I don't like his leaving for the IRL. I would never, ever wish an injury on him or anyone else. People are allowed to choose freely what they do and where they do it (unless you are Rick Santorum, anyway). Hoping for them to be injured is really poor form. But, despite what you think of him, he has achieved a lot by anyone's standards. Paul Tracy wishes he had half as many wins - and I am in no way saying Paul is not talented!

On top of that it is a COMMERCIAL. Since when have ads been honest representations of every product? It is an ad for Honda, not the IRL or CART or NASCAR or F1 or the SCCA. Corrupting people's minds about racing? I guess a commercial for a restaurant corrupts their minds about cooking at home, using that logic. If you don't like the ad - don't buy the product.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 17:57 (Ref:579691)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JonesF1
Man, thats good stuff.
It is?
Old 24 Apr 2003, 18:36 (Ref:579743)   #18
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I meant the comment was amusing, not actually having someone getting injured.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 19:01 (Ref:579773)   #19
Lemming51
Rookie

Lemming51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Those who haven't seen the commercial, click here.

Last edited by Lemming51; 24 Apr 2003 at 19:03.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 21:16 (Ref:579929)   #20
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the link. It's kinda funny, but not as good as all the hype around it.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 23:57 (Ref:580044)   #21
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What does this have to do with CART? If you want to post on IRL subjects, go over to to the IRL forum