Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 22 Aug 2000, 11:24 (Ref:32079)   #1
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 is strange this year...

Why is it that Mr Pizzonia now thinks he's the next Ayrton Senna, just because he got a good early season lead and an F1 test drive. He then threw a strop and didn't compete at Zandvoort, and now in British F3, he's just doing enough to win the championship and not interested in winning every race (or is he just being sensible)... He should remember that Jan Magnessun (sorry about the spelling), won most of his F3 races and still was unsuccessful. I think he needs to concentrate a bit more...

But I really like the look of Tatuma Sato, he is one man to be guareenteed a F1 drive I think..

And is Schketer any good really??
Old 22 Aug 2000, 12:53 (Ref:32106)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Judging from the race on Sunday, Sato and Pizzonia looked in a different class to rest (at least from Becketts in anyway). Pizzonia was impressive, but decided early on that he wasn't going to try to get past Sato - a wise move probably - and settled for 2nd, but kept close enough to capitalise if Sato made a mistake

Schekter raced well but didn't really set the world on fire. I still think all three have considerable ability and could go a long way. What I didn't realise about Sato is that he only started racing Karts 4 years ago, so maybe he has most potential of all.

Old 22 Aug 2000, 15:33 (Ref:32132)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sato looks committed yet classy to me. He looks as if Japan may have the real thing at last !!!

As for Pizzzzi, def a class act and if truth be told is probably bored by driving his F3 car compared to the Benetton. Yes he has to win the title for his CV, but I guess going backwards in car terms, is like you or I given a Porsche to drive around in for a month, then having to give it back and drive a Mondeo for the rest of the year...

As for Sheckter, not sure...He went well in the Jag test, has shown well in F3000, but a lot of people have run close to the front in F3 and F3000 and never made it....

To me has quick and capable written on him not star, like a Button or Montoya or Pizzzi
Old 22 Aug 2000, 15:49 (Ref:32136)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
how did Marcos Ambrose do ???
Old 22 Aug 2000, 20:19 (Ref:32173)   #5
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't cove himself in glory, ran in the midfield pack as I recall, maybe 7th or 8th?
Old 22 Aug 2000, 23:23 (Ref:32212)   #6
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best F3 drivers?

1. Pizzonia
2. Sato
3. Scheckter
4. Cochet
5. Pantano
6. Collins
Old 23 Aug 2000, 11:45 (Ref:32327)   #7
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following on from the Marlboro masters race I think Pizzonia had better do alot of growing up if he isn't to disappear up his own backside. The likes of Magnusson, and to a certain extent Thackwell were let down by the belief that they were too good not to get into F1 and therefore didn't really have to work too hard at what they did. Admittedly Thackwell changed his ways, but the damage was already done...