Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:38 (Ref:618430)   #1
skid marques
Rookie

skid marques should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad Company

Some people make bad LM team players. In my experience dodge those who;
Want to watch all the race;
Don't want to watch any of the race;
Phone your wife at 3 in the morning to report you are in the snakepit with a dubious looking woman, and is there any way to get you out of such a situation?
People who get upset when you phone their wife up at 3-15 attempting to gain revenge with the same line;
Expect reasonable food from the all-in package tour with "special mystery guest racing driver star appearance" (Who did he drive for?);
Drink too much;
Don't approve of drink;
Like to wander round that bit of the fairground where eight year old kids fire off shotguns at helium fired balloons;
Have spent up by ten o'clock on Saturday and hang around the fairground rides to catch small change falling from pockets:
Follow the orange skinned women in thigh boots just when the race is getting exciting. (I think the last time was 1980 when it rained)..
Any other suggestions?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 21:46 (Ref:618442)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you'e sitting, they stand up in front of you to move, got to the bathroom, etc., just as the racing is getting exciting or someone id battling for position right in front of you....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 05:10 (Ref:618780)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Huh, fans handling a banner a row in front of you when you paid your grandtsand ticket a fortune... never happend to me yet, but I'm still afraid of...
Old 3 Jun 2003, 06:55 (Ref:618824)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Bad Company

Quote:
Originally posted by skid marques
Some people make bad LM team players. In my experience dodge those who;
Want to watch all the race;
Why?

I'd watch it all if I could.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 07:24 (Ref:618844)   #5
skid marques
Rookie

skid marques should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The racing can get tedious, on occasions, Ayse. There's so much more to enjoy. I watched about half the race last time I went, and that was plenty. There are so many other distractions worth spending time on.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 08:00 (Ref:618864)   #6
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hawaiian Tropic girls perhaps
Old 3 Jun 2003, 12:59 (Ref:619121)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, the HT girls have never been the same since they ditched their brown and gold bikinis.......

I accept that there's lots to do and to see and I couldn't just sit and watch the whole race, I admit. What puzzles me though is why people choose to sleep during the night. Le Mans in darkness is the height of my year - absolutely mesmerising.....
Old 3 Jun 2003, 13:35 (Ref:619168)   #8
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think more people pass out at night rather than sleep!!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 15:57 (Ref:619339)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What a waste is all I can say......
Old 3 Jun 2003, 16:08 (Ref:619357)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Passing out and not watching great racing is a big waste, Ayse...I agree...and if I made the rip across the pond for the Big One, I'd chase my beer with coffee so that I wouldn't miss a lap, if possible...

But I will miss not seeing the X-Power Girls as part of the event...they are sweet-looking ladies, indeed!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 3 Jun 2003, 16:14 (Ref:619366)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Nah, the HT girls have never been the same since they ditched their brown and gold bikinis.......

I accept that there's lots to do and to see and I couldn't just sit and watch the whole race, I admit. What puzzles me though is why people choose to sleep during the night. Le Mans in darkness is the height of my year - absolutely mesmerising.....
I have to watch the whole of any race i see. I feel so annoyed that i came just to waste my time looking at model kits, and never saw the pit stops or something silly.

A solution for passing out. Don't have anywhere to sleep.
Walk. Walk. Eat, Walk, Eat, toilet, drink, oops, toilet again, eat, walk, walk, walk ,walk. Sit in the stands and watch the pit stops, looking specifically for slip-ups, and cars coming down the main straight that may take it's position in while in the pits....etc etc....
Talk to other spectators if you want too.