Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:24 (Ref:785973)   #1
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Startline snippets

So there we all were yesterday, down on the grid being deafened by the supercars, noses and eyes suffering at the sickly sweet smell of the aviation fuel being run by some of the cars. Those present would have seen Carnegie falter at the start of the A final and then retire - reason being was he left a fair portion of his propshaft on the startline, rather than take it with him. What amazed me was how thin and light the ripped out section was - surely not man enough (certainly wasn't in this instance) to cope with the power going through it.

Nice to meet Guisboro Rod H (the elder)!

I'm approaching notoriety - twice while have a bimble about during the lunch break I got tapped on the shoulder and asked - "You're the chap from Lydden aren't you?"

I almost felt embarrased when I went up to see Arthur for the level of praise heaped on me and the marshals!

I really wish we could see some of the racing from the startline at Brands........

I don't suppose anyone has thought any more on what Arthur read out when I went to see him? I'm after a 3" wide 3 or 4 point race harness for banger racing. If anyone has one in the back of a race bag anywhere that they are not likely to use anymore, or even a spare one they'd like to sell to me cheaply (and I mean cheap - I'm being made redundant again in 4 weeks) post on here and perhaps we can sort something out in time for the Lydden event at the end of December. Much appreciated.

Any news on Danny Budd - his family had rather a bad weekend all in all - it'll be nice to know if he's okay.

And I don't like this new stipulation about the start procedure - having to run through the grid instead of off to the side. Too far to run if you ask me. I do like the lights though, could do with those at Lydden.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 14:39 (Ref:785995)   #2
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having been stood just behind your post for the heats on Sunday, I reckon a fair comment would be to loose the riggers and get some running shoes!!! Especially on a four row grid!!!!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 15:22 (Ref:786038)   #3
Hog
Racer

Ahh, but running shoes wouldn't have done me any favours when the Tigra smacked into my ankles. Let's face it, I'm never going to win any awards for sprinting, but I'd rather run a little slower than not be able to run at all!

Not only that but the riggers keep my toes nice and warm, and safe from looking like spoons if I get run over.

Fair comment though moyzer - say hi next time mate!

PS - If I need to lose anything it's about 7 stone, not the rigger boots!
Old 17 Nov 2003, 15:33 (Ref:786051)   #4
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw Danny on the way back to hand in the radio's and the draw. He was fine we where just being very carefull with him. I wouldd like to say anther big thanks to you all, plus I received a e-mail from Mike Dresser saying the same. They say it was the best run meeting this year. You all did a great job. See you all next season.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:20 (Ref:786133)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Got your voice back then Queen
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:22 (Ref:786137)   #6
Hog
Racer

Did you notice at signing on that no-one could hear her very well, but dogs from miles around started barking furiously?
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:26 (Ref:786144)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sure did *ducks to miss the flying objects*
Old 17 Nov 2003, 16:30 (Ref:786152)   #8
chauffeur
Rookie

chauffeur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm afraid to say she's got it back.OUCH OUCH OUCH.
Old 17 Nov 2003, 20:14 (Ref:786437)   #9
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hog - a great weekend all round. My personal thanks to you and everyone on startline - are we the 'A' Team or what? How many years experience do we have between us now? I've been doing rallycross for 20+ years, so it must add up to a pretty good old number.

And what did you mean "I'm approaching notoriety - twice while have a bimble about during the lunch break I got tapped on the shoulder and asked - "You're the chap from Lydden aren't you?"" There I was thinking you were notorious already!!

I'm also intrigued - what did you mean "..went up to see Arthur.." ?? Come on tell all to little Gnomex.

Lastly, I know you can't see much of the circuit from the straight (especially when the Big Feller makes you balance all weekend on the pit wall) but by heck those Supercars were shifting off the startline in the second or so it took them to reach my place by the finish line. In one Modified race a couple of cars went past up on two wheels after a bit of side on side contact as they went through. Sorry... what's that?... The Big Fellers butting in again and saying something about if I've had a "Sketchly moment" he'll happily change my underwear. The cheek of some people.
Old 18 Nov 2003, 00:56 (Ref:786686)   #10
Hog
Racer

Notorious H.O.G., sounds like a rap artist.......

I went up to see Arthur to ask him if he would read out my request about anyone having a spare harness they would be willing to part with on the cheap. Hopefully Matt Roach may have come up with the goods seeing as he's a mechanic for a F1 stockcar driver.

I can add 17 years to the tally by the way.
Old 19 Nov 2003, 13:58 (Ref:788251)   #11
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must admit I watched you run down the start. I think I would have ended up in a heap. How you kept going I have on idea. Was Wayne stood there with oxygen for you. I also know what you all mean by not seeing alot off the start its the same at Knockhill.
Old 20 Nov 2003, 10:03 (Ref:789222)   #12
Hog
Racer

I think Wayne was in need of some oxygen himself after doing all the running on Saturday.

It was pretty easy going really compared to a typical day at Lydden with some 60 odd races.

What time did the raffle finish by the way - it was still in full swing when I drove home!
Old 21 Nov 2003, 13:39 (Ref:790604)   #13
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Well I don't know what time it finshed but we didn't get going until after 5. I will remember not to do so many tickets next time. But a least the prizes were worth it.
I am also suprised at how every one is taking it easy on me.
I get the feeling I shouldn't have said that.