Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Dec 2003, 18:06 (Ref:807658)   #1
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lime Rock Park Tickets

Lime Rock is offering the 4 day weekend pass to the ALMS race for 65 dollars as a special holiday price.

The website hints at support series too, as their schedule has not been released yet:

"Or maybe you’ve wait for years to see the American Le Mans Series. Well your wait is over because the ALMS is coming to the Road Racing Center of the East on Independence Day weekend. Once again that’s three days of racing and some family fun holiday entertainment for a mere $65. And because it’s Lime Rock Park, you know we’ll add even more value with an extra support series or two to sweeten the pot even further."

www.limerock.com

for more details.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 18:39 (Ref:807690)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a great price for the four-day pass...what do their "Race Day Only" tix cost???

Sebring "SuperTickets" (four-days) are $75 each....also a great bargain!!!!

God, I usually pay that ($75) for a middle-priced seat at the Indy 500....Race Day only...and could pay a lot more depending on where I wanted to sit

Any other events like Qualifying, Carburetion Day, etc., cost extra per session....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Dec 2003, 18:54 (Ref:807705)   #3
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mosport's 3 day ALMS ticket is $50 Cdn last year(which is a $5 hike from the year before), but hey, at $50, it's cheaper than seatless general admission at Molson Indy Toronto...
Old 9 Dec 2003, 19:11 (Ref:807722)   #4
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
thats a good price, especially with the CDN to US exchange.

The great thing about LRP is that camping is free too, so if you get there early enough (thursday) you can set up camp for nothing extra.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 20:33 (Ref:807764)   #5
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as support series, I've a feeling that the SPEED World Chalenge may be visiting Connecticut twice this year. LRP is their only track on which they do not support an ALMS race (as of right now). It is still unsure whether Trans-Am may be at LRP in May, as well. I'm glad the ticket price is relatively the same as the one for the Grand Prix.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 9 Dec 2003, 20:46 (Ref:807768)   #6
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
im hoping swc does visit twice, and I think youre right, I cannot imagine what other support series would be coming?!? Although Toyota Atlantic might be without a series to follow next year too...

Im hoping to see SWC with ALMS because it will be the only time I will be able to see them next year...I already ordered my tickets and will reserve my camper as soon as the summer runs around...Yippee!!!
Old 9 Dec 2003, 20:51 (Ref:807771)   #7
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does LRP still have no racing on Sundays?

I remember going to the WSC event in 95 and watching the INDY 500 and seeing a cdn 1-2 (except Goodyear didn't pass the pace car but was penalized anyways) in our trailor on the Sunday...because of noise bylaws or something. I loved watching the 500, but a 4 day weekend was a bit much
Old 9 Dec 2003, 21:48 (Ref:807818)   #8
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Correct, still no racing on Sundays-since the church across the street apparently has worship all freakin' day . But they have a ricer-fest on Sunday instead...
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 9 Dec 2003, 21:53 (Ref:807822)   #9
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
yeah with really loud music...hehhehe...guess you gotta get to em one way or the other...

really sad since I know the church doesnt have anything past noon...does give a good day to relax and go get supplies you might need though, and you get to walk the track, something you cant do in most places...i got all sorts of neat chunks of CF and fibreglass last year!!

Besides, after 4 days my wife and I both set off our Carbon Monoxide detectors in the hallway when we took our first showers of the week...kinda funny!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 02:37 (Ref:807974)   #10
GeorgeA
Rookie

GeorgeA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The court injunction that limits racing to 9AM-6PM, and bans it on Sundays, is actually the thing that kept LRP alive. The powers that be, and powers they were, would have done anything to close the track. The legal compromise is the one thing that allowed the track to stay open.

George
Old 10 Dec 2003, 04:03 (Ref:808004)   #11
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
cool, didnt know that...its good that something, even if it is silly, can keep a legend alive.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 15:14 (Ref:808377)   #12
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Thanks for the info George, and welcome to the forum! You aren't a Worchester Pool Guy by any chance, are you?
Old 10 Dec 2003, 16:15 (Ref:808435)   #13
GeorgeA
Rookie

GeorgeA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope, I can't even swim.

I actually grew up just south of LRP, so I consider it my "home track". It's a lovely facility, altough time has passed it by in some respects.

George
Old 10 Dec 2003, 21:55 (Ref:808733)   #14
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
Yeah that is true, I am hoping that bringing ALMS there will serve to force some modernization.

Still, I felt instantly comfortable there.