Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:31 (Ref:852381)   #1
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask Milka...

recent posting on DSC reminded me...

...if anyone speaks to Milka in the next couple of days, can you tell he she left her purse on my bedside cabinet.

thanks
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:33 (Ref:852384)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I told her to be more carefull , Wait till I see her !!!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 15:37 (Ref:852396)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Don't you think it fits more with "Parc fermé"'s forum ?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 00:50 (Ref:853067)   #4
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Ah, I thought this thread would be about the just anounced Citgo sponsorship for Milka and Andy Wallace in the Crawford Daytona Prototype, not just for this weekend's Daytona 24, but for the season.

Perhaps that is what is in DSC?

Note to self, go to this pit area at Daytona, see her in flesh. I will exit dreaming now....!

robert
Old 28 Jan 2004, 00:58 (Ref:853071)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
she isn't that cute- really
I have mentioned a million times I attended skip barber and she was a class mate- nice gal- she had a six pack - i bet she still does too. but it comes down to MONEY and lots of it- which is what she has, now ontop of it she gets a citgo sponsorship?! Oi- it hurts me it hurts- I never get sponsor ship over 1000 dollars
no wait i did get a 7K one once- you can go through that in a weekend.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 03:23 (Ref:853125)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
GTT, best of luck on sponsorship search. Try a brewery based in Boston and keep after them. They should find a heck of a great demographic in ALMS crowds!

As to Milka, she does look rather attractive in the photos I have seen. Maybe not Miss Universe type stuff, but I will tell you, she is a mighty impresive young woman with her educational accomplishments, and it is a credit to sports cars to have her. She has the right package, I don't mean what you think exactly either. She has done a lot to deserve what she has and I think she will be good for the sport. Smart, educated woman driving race cars. Bloody marketing dream!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 05:10 (Ref:853161)   #7
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ill take her over danika anyday.

At least Milka has earned her "fame" she is a pretty nice woman too, met her after the DC grand prix.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 05:42 (Ref:853172)   #8
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
she isn't that cute- really.
You're right I guess... She really isn't that cute. But looking at her closely, she is quite a lovely woman. Must be something about the latin bloodline...

Guess I'll have to try and remember to limit the number of pics I'll be taking of her this weekend....

Martin

Last edited by Hugewally; 28 Jan 2004 at 05:42.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 05:44 (Ref:853174)   #9
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In straight up speed and driving ability, Danica would absolutely smoke Milka. I've watched both race in person. Danica is the real deal. Milka is ALL marketing (and I'm sure quite pleasant when you talk to her. Maybe even be "nicer" than Danica), which is fine because I think that the sport needs everything it can get. Forget reading results after the fact (or press releases), watch live timing (Zippo live timing link will be on the front page http://www.grandamerican.com ) and see how Milka does against the DP fast times.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:14 (Ref:853939)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by skycafe
Ah, I thought this thread would be about the just anounced Citgo sponsorship for Milka and Andy Wallace in the Crawford Daytona Prototype, not just for this weekend's Daytona 24, but for the season.

Perhaps that is what is in DSC?

Note to self, go to this pit area at Daytona, see her in flesh. I will exit dreaming now....!

robert
What is DSC?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:18 (Ref:853947)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
dsc = www.dailysportscar.com
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Jan 2004, 18:28 (Ref:854014)   #12
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
I dont doubt that danica will be a better driver, or maybe already is, It just sickens me the amount of hype she has gotten, if anyone else in Toyota Atlantic got the press she did, that series could have pulled CART from the ashes by itself!!

A rookie in a series that is designed as a ladder series should not be making the press she does, a pretty face and a hearty set of ... oops, got carried away, but you get the picture...

Im not saying Milka is much better either, but at least she has expirience.

The real unsung heros are the all womens team coming to sebring under very little fan fair and Vanina Icyx who as far as I know doesnt get trumped up.

Melanie Patterson and Claudia Hurtgen are also very good drivers but nobody flames up about them either...get the picture?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 18:45 (Ref:854044)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Shuana Marinus- TriPoint Mazda Racer in speed world Challenge, Pole winner in Puerto Rico Race. And podium finisher at Road Atlanta i believe- and she is just getting warmed up, she's a racer have you seen her scrap on track? wowo. SCCA national SoloII champ twice by the way, she a pretty gal too.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:05 (Ref:854166)   #14
BobN
Racer

Billnchristy, the difference is Danica has shown speed in the classes she has run, BDPS, Atlantics. I would put Danica, Claudia Heurtgen and Shauna Marinus in the same class speed wise and Milka, Kim Hisky, and Melanie Patterson in the same class. My opinion has NOTHING to do with their appearance and EVERYTHING to do with their speed and results.

Women are an important marketing tool to racing and both Milka and Danica are overhyped when compared to Claudia, Shauna and Melanie. The big difference is that Danica is a MUCH better driver than Milka. IMHO
Old 28 Jan 2004, 20:59 (Ref:854241)   #15
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
Ok, makes since, I didnt really watch ALMS when Milka was a regular and maybe listened to too much of the hype about her. Danica didnt impress me too much, just about any time I watch her she stuffs the car into the tires (maybe Im bad luck). I think Melanie might be a little better than we think, she really has never had a top notch ride has she?

I cant believe I missed Shauna...oops and shes one of my favorites!!

Im looking for her to win a race this year, though it might be hard with new cars.

I guess if they get people to watch its cool to market them, but the shear amount of smack they laid down when danica drove the ferrari was insane.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:18 (Ref:854271)   #16
BobN
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy

I guess if they get people to watch its cool to market them, but the shear amount of smack they laid down when danica drove the ferrari was insane.
Well, if you believe the hype put out about Milka (including her own press releases) you will find she claims to set the fastest times in whatever car she drives. Reality and a stop watch will set the record straight however. When she teams with Andy Wallace in the later events watch live timing for some entertainment.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 21:41 (Ref:854312)   #17
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BobN
Well, if you believe the hype put out about Milka (including her own press releases) you will find she claims to set the fastest times in whatever car she drives.
But it's true... it's true! She does set the fastest time in every car she has ever driven...

Well... I mean... She sets her fastest time that is...

Martin
Old 29 Jan 2004, 01:19 (Ref:854515)   #18
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
Is andy gonna drive with a blindfold, one hand tied behind his back and one of his feet glued to the brake...that might equal them out.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 02:02 (Ref:854544)   #19
BobN
Racer