Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:22 (Ref:931429)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC TV Team announced

Courtesy tocatour.com

Quote:
Granada Sport has announced the presenters and commentators for the television coverage of this season's Green Flag MSA British Touring Car Championship and support races.

Once again the ITV presentation team will be anchored by Vicki Butler-Henderson, with Ben Edwards and former BTCC champion Tim Harvey providing commentary.

Vicki, whose younger brother Charlie makes his BTCC debut with Team Sureterm this year, has been ITV's lead presenter since 2002 and is excited to be back for the new season ahead.

"This year the championship is looking really good," said Vicki. "Who is going to win? My brother ... No, seriously, James Thompson and Yvan Muller are obviously going to be up there. Jason Plato's back and Matt Neal could always pull something out of the bag in the Honda. You'll have to watch to find out!"

In the commentary box, Ben Edwards will be offered expert opinion by Tim Harvey, who won the BTCC title in 1992. "At one time I had high hopes of being a Touring Car driver myself," said Ben. "Now I have the chance to get stuck in as commentator and I love it."

As in 2003, Granada Sport will also produce all-day live coverage of every event for satellite channel Motors TV. With increased hours for 2004, this has led to a boost in numbers for the Motors presentation team.

Diana Binks and Nick Daman will report on the four support championships at Thruxton – that include the Formula Renault and Formula BMW UK championships, Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Elf BTE/Lawline Renault Clio Cup – with Ben Edwards sharing commentary duties with John Hindhaugh and Simon Hill.

Good to see, some continuity. Was worried we were going to be left with some amateurs!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:34 (Ref:931441)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ben Edwards sharing commentary duties with John Hindhaugh
Top bombing!!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:37 (Ref:931443)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's looking good Just wish I had Motors TV.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:38 (Ref:931445)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It would certainly be nice, wouldn't it! Oh well one can dream!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:29 (Ref:931566)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Knowing you Carrie, you'd never get round to watching it...

Should be better for 'you lot' with the ITV races this year - I've managed to persuade a non-motorsport loving work colleague to watch the races on Sunday, so Ben, Tim, Vicki and ITV had better not let me down...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:39 (Ref:931578)   #6
cmallaby
Rookie

cmallaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well speaking as an annoying teen or as an expert lol i think we've got a good line up for BTCC this year on a whole.
Last weekend i went to Donington Park for the Formula 3 weekend and had a little taster of Diana Binks who is presenting of course F3 on 4 took her 4 takes to get it right for the introduction but maybe she'll be better on live motors tv!
Also had chance to see Vicki Butler Henderson this weekend who raced in the Avo Ginetta championship racing with the Gran Turismo 4 team, although she had a pretty dismal weekend retirement in race 1 and slipped way down the order in race 2 but shes still a nice looking girl lol! Who kissed me at Croft ... so i'm happy lol

Anyways moving on Tim Harvey spoke to him briefly last year in the paddock at Donington in September and he's a really nice chap, the Brundle of BTCC if you like because he gives a nice honest drivers eye view being very experienced in that area of course being former BTCC champ!
John Hindhaugh i saw but i was on the pitwall at Donington at the time and he was busy commentating with Ben but he looked for focused and knew exactly what he was talking about as aswell some previous experience in motorsport.

Ben Edwards my favourite may eye me up with a chance to get into the commentary box this year i've asked him on several occasions he's interesting, gives it his all and to be honest he's in my top 5 with Murray Walker just one up but year top guy!

Simon Bell is very experienced in commentating although i find his voice a little annoying of course doing ITV's F3000 show last year and Motors TV's Goodwood revival meeting so he knows a lot about motorsport!

Finally Nick Daman, don't know too much about this guy apart from first of all i recognised his voice from the Press Conference in F1 then he did F1 Digital + for Sky as well as (Ben Edwards) and he's also a good journalist

All in all a good line up in terms of TV team and Toca package we're in for a treat!!!! Although i may have to set my video recorder because i'll be going to most raced :P
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:44 (Ref:931594)   #7
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've said it all Craig,

Welcome to the forum

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:47 (Ref:931598)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You forgot to mention John Hindhaugh, who is also fantastic on both Radio Le Mans and on the ALMS Radio Web.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 22:27 (Ref:931631)   #9
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend
Knowing you Carrie, you'd never get round to watching it...
No idea what you could possibly mean, whatever is wrong with watching something about 18 months after videoing it
Old 6 Apr 2004, 01:09 (Ref:931707)   #10
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by cmallaby
Simon Bell is very experienced in commentating although i find his voice a little annoying of course doing ITV's F3000 show last year and Motors TV's Goodwood revival meeting so he knows a lot about motorsport!
Wrong person. That's Simon Taylor. The Motors commentator is Simon Hill. The ex FRenault and Spider racer.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 07:17 (Ref:931888)   #11
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please remember folks, that MotorsTV is not exclusive to those who wish to throw money at Murdoch.

A standard free-to-air digital satellite receiver will pick up MotorsTV completely free or charge!

There is still time before the weekend!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 09:00 (Ref:931980)   #12
The Bear
Rookie

The Bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep! Go and get a satellite, the coverage last year was great and with all support races to be shown this year it promises to be even better. Get a group together and have a barbecue!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 09:47 (Ref:932024)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish I had Motors TV at uni, ah well never mind, I'll make the most of it while I'm at home!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 12:00 (Ref:932148)   #14
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MotorsTV is the greatest thing for us petrolheads, and well worth the effort. Just don't expect your social life to survive once you get it.....

The BTCC broadcast team is probably the best of the lot, VBH has much more knowledge and focus than most other pit girls, and Ben is the best commentator out there these days. Charlie Cox or Will Hoy (RIP) would be the icing on the cake though, Harvey's unspectacular.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:56 (Ref:932305)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Will Hoy (RIP) would be the icing on the cake though, Harvey's unspectacular.
That would be a bit difficult to put in place.....
Old 6 Apr 2004, 15:11 (Ref:932390)   #16
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can I recieve Motors TV? I only have the 5 channels, any suggestions?
Old 6 Apr 2004, 18:58 (Ref:932632)   #17
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Charlie Cox come back, I always loved his quotes.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 6 Apr 2004, 19:06 (Ref:932642)   #18
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As they say the best things in life are free eg.oxygen,sunlight,MotorsTV,water ect ect

All you need to pay for is a sky box and a engineer to put it up for you and you dont have to pay a subcription for it
but it is defenitly worth it
Old 6 Apr 2004, 20:09 (Ref:932722)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Just finished booking Sunday's entertainment on Motors TV there, knew we had a sort of chat show at the end of the day but it's a whole 1 hour - my god!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 22:10 (Ref:932846)   #20
Carrie
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by The Bear
Yep! Go and get a satellite
Wish I could, but we're not allowed to have satellite dishes where I live and we've not got cable either.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 13:50 (Ref:933488)   #21
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bf1

All you need to pay for is a sky box and a engineer to put it up for you and you dont have to pay a subcription for it
but it is defenitly worth it
Could you give me a few more details please, like links to information etc.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:933631)   #22
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Wish I could, but we're not allowed to have satellite dishes where I live and we've not got cable either.
It's like not being allowed to have a chimney!
Poor you!

Great new addition to the lineup in Nick Daman....anyone who paid for F1 Digital Plus when it was around will know what I mean!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:38 (Ref:933643)   #23
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hide the dish up a tree! They work okay in a loft
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:44 (Ref:933649)   #24
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Wish I could, but we're not allowed to have satellite dishes where I live
Then why are you still living there?!?!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 21:16 (Ref:933854)   #25
bf1
Racer

Ireland
Waterford, Ireland / Swansea, Wales
bf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OVERSTEER -> Ring sky (i dont know what the UK number is)
or try www.sky.com
and ask around at the forums at www.digitalspy.co.uk

and try at a local electrical shop
Hope this helps
bf1