Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:23 (Ref:951044)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf and Alonso come together...who's fault?

Honestly, i'm quite surprised that FIA actually wants to investigate this incident.. i mean, whenever there's racing there'd be risk of someone going off..

It's another racing incident IMO, although i must admit Ralf is making himself "famous" for being a tough nut to overtake/overtaken.

What do you think?

It's best preferred if we discuss it in the manner of what we see on track rather than judgements based of "cos in Bahrain Ralf again..."
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:25 (Ref:951048)   #2
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50-50

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:25 (Ref:951050)   #3
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso was right to have a go and IMO was far enough alongside so that Ralf should have given him more room, if he was aware of FA's position that is. In that case neither driver should be punished.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:27 (Ref:951055)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For once I'm gonna stick up for Ralf on this one. Alonso made a misjudged lunge.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:29 (Ref:951058)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racing incident. Yet it's under investigation. Hmmm.....and what about the one between Michael and Monty? I think that is more investigation material than this incident!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:31 (Ref:951061)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
knowlesy...for your info there's another thread on MS vs Monty if you bother to look around.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:32 (Ref:951065)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I know..... I'm in it!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:46 (Ref:951083)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Yeah..somebody should have start another one regarding JPM/Ralf.. another one about Ralf/Rubens in pits..blah blah..
Old 25 Apr 2004, 14:47 (Ref:951086)   #9
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM and Ralf? i think Ralf drove himself to the grass, no fault there for JPM, and JPM didn't whine about it, so no contest there.

7650-wallpaper Yahoo! Groups - F1 Wallpapers for your Nokia phones
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:08 (Ref:951102)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop
JPM and Ralf? i think Ralf drove himself to the grass, no fault there for JPM, and JPM didn't whine about it, so no contest there.
why will JPM whine if Ralf drove himself on the grass... JPM wouldve had a smile on his face when he whouldve seen it....

Alonso/Ralf... id say FA was more aggressive and made an impatient lunge.... but isnt this what Max wants to bring back into F1? more aggressive racing!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:14 (Ref:951107)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

I did hear JPM say he "closed the door" on Ralf... should FIA investigate this as well?

*hehheh..gleefully pouring oil on fire*
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:19 (Ref:951114)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Let's just abolish racing. It's what the FIA wants anyways.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:29 (Ref:951122)   #13
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
who was at fault ????

I'll tell ya , It was the clown who re-designed the track , seriously I hope F1 never goes back there again.

as for the prang Alonso Lunged it didnt come off ralf spun , lets move onto to barcelona

Last edited by marcus; 25 Apr 2004 at 15:30.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:34 (Ref:951125)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ahhh, Barcelona. A race traditionally as dull as Imola.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:36 (Ref:951131)   #15
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well at least they can at least overtake at turn one there
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:38 (Ref:951134)   #16
Gt_R
Veteran

It's a pity that Imola's straights are just a little too short for cars to line up a pass...
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:41 (Ref:951137)   #17
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it sounds like a lot of whinning fans!!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:41 (Ref:951138)   #18
Shoe-maker
Racer

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Shoe-maker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There didn't seem to be anything to it. It was a nothing clash really. Both drivers continued, albeit with Ralf a few places down.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 15:43 (Ref:951139)   #19
Poddy
Rookie

Poddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He may have been a victim today, but I think Ralf's attitude is the thing that's causing him to get into these scrapes. During the races this season, he seems to plod around in his own little world until (unsurprisingly) he hits something.

Obviously they won't do it, but I'd like to see Williams drop Ralf for the next race and put Gene in - Gene knows the circuit like the back of his hand through testing and I suspect (on current form at least) would actually do a better job for the team than Ralf would.

If nothing else, it'd give Ralf and Weber a timely reminder that there's more to F1 than simply getting a new contract.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:07 (Ref:951169)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Seemed like a nothing incident to me, but 4 races down, and 4 comings together for Rafe, what chance that he gets a race ban this season if these coming togethers carry on!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:09 (Ref:951171)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Precisely right Paddy. Ralf has been unimpressive throughout the seeason, and did little to help his cause today.

Alonso's move was aggressive, but it was certainly fair. Ralf knew he was there and should've given him the room to get through side-by-side, whcih wouldn't've neccessarily cost him the position.

Racing incident.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:15 (Ref:951183)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't really a fair move from Alonso, he came from a very long way back.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:22 (Ref:951193)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Its a slightly opportunistic move from Alonso, and i see no reason why Ralf should give Alonso space and "gift" a position when another driver tries to take a poorly judged chance... same for all drivers.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:34 (Ref:951203)   #24
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
oh gee maybe we should merge these two threads LOL
Old 25 Apr 2004, 17:20 (Ref:951244)   #25
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso was close enough for Ralf to see I think. It's actually very similar to Bahrain. Ralf turned in thinking there was no one else and he lost at it.

Really, Ralf is always in it, can't just be coincidence.