Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Apr 2004, 01:10 (Ref:956303)   #1
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wheres SALO gone?

Sorry i had a few months holiday but last i knew salo was going to be racing this year.... What happined?
Old 30 Apr 2004, 01:43 (Ref:956312)   #2
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's two possible reasons why Salo is no longer in the CCWS.....(1)He (Mika) wanted more money and the team wasn't going to pay it. (2)Salo was upset that good friend Craig Pollock would not be returning this year as part owner of the team......either way you look at it, it's Champ Cars loss, but we will soldier on as usual!!
Old 30 Apr 2004, 01:48 (Ref:956315)   #3
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info Dov... sad to hear
Old 30 Apr 2004, 03:58 (Ref:956349)   #4
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard he was suppose to be driving an Audi in the ETCC.

Not sure if that is confirmed to be happening though.

The funding (amount?) for a ride did not materialize to make Salo happy enough to stay in Champ Car this year, as I recall.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 04:08 (Ref:956353)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Salo said they weren't paying him enough to meet his expenses so that was that. I'm sure he will pop up somewhere, possibly Japan.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 22:25 (Ref:957391)   #6
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, he's not in the FIA GT, I can tell you that!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 4 May 2004, 16:53 (Ref:960581)   #7
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A couple months back Salo made some sort of comment about how he wouldn't drive for free.
Old 4 May 2004, 20:15 (Ref:960812)   #8
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's still up in the air, but he might do a race or two for Audi in the STCC (not ETCC - Audi doesn't even run there ).

Nothing has been finalized though.
Old 5 May 2004, 03:25 (Ref:961095)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess a good question is whether people really think he is that good. He has put in a few good drives over the years.
Old 5 May 2004, 03:34 (Ref:961100)   #10
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mountainstar
I guess a good question is whether people really think he is that good. He has put in a few good drives over the years.
Oh, I would say he's good. He came into CART last year with zero testing, street courses, and podiumed.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 5 May 2004, 11:07 (Ref:961341)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going by the very poor attitude he had at Le Mans last year during the Audi press conference -- he was the only one there in any of the three teams who dissed the team, the track, the race and the fact that he had to stay there for a week instead of two hours, who wailed about how much better F1 was, and who went so far as to say if he didn't do well, he would never come back -- I would guess that Mr. Salo is high maintenance. That is fine if you are TGF; not so fine if you actually have to prove yourself.

I understood that Salo got the drive through Pollock, anyway, as a Friend of Jacques. Although he did quite a good job in the car.
Old 18 May 2004, 15:18 (Ref:974469)   #12
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Salo is in France this week testing the new Maserati MC12.....more info on this car is available in the "Sportscars & GT" Forum....

Don't read anything into this test....

When the car was unveiled, Michael Schumacher and Reubens Barrichello both took it for a spin, and other prominent F-1 types have jumped into the seat to run it as well....

But at least we know where he "Is" this week, even if we don't know exactly where he has "Gone".....

One American Open Wheel Series!