Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 2 May 2004, 21:26 (Ref:958851)   #1
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Emmo Rumblings

Has anyone heard anything more about Fittipaldi? Is he still dancing with the 3 amigos? I can't get a word out of his former driver to save my life... but I sense there is something there.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 May 2004, 21:33 (Ref:958857)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I prefer "Tres Hombres" over "3 Amigos"...
A ZZTop fan and all...

But the last time I spoke to Emmo he never did mention starting a team.

Of course, that was 10 years ago!
Old 2 May 2004, 21:39 (Ref:958866)   #3
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DRAT. Buzz around Long Beach was he might be...
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 May 2004, 21:46 (Ref:958873)   #4
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well then...
What I said don't count.,.

I was in Detroit.

So the rumours about an OWRS team may very well be true!
Old 3 May 2004, 01:25 (Ref:958972)   #5
sgjb
Racer

sgjb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mags,

The last I heard was he was originally being woo'd because the 3 amigos as you put it were willing to help him greatly in funding part of his team. This was prior to them getting a confirmed 18 car field. It appears as their was a first come first served approach. Meaning between Coyne, Fittipaldi and others, whoever could raise enough funds first and a drive the amigos would help chip in. The catch was the teams that required the least handout they were prepared to help.

My understanding was Emmo wasn't able to get close to the others so they sort of won the most help as the 18 car field was needed. Emmo is still working on something but needs to raise more money now as the amigos are not willing to help out as much since the field now meets it's commitments.

I really hope he can still do something but I think it will be tough. They could really use Emmo on their side!!
Old 3 May 2004, 12:40 (Ref:959312)   #6
mueber
Rookie

United States
Fort Wayne, IN, USA
mueber should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My assumption is Emmo isn’t willing to risk any of his own capital on a team, and that the moment enough sponsorship is found; he would like to start a team. This is a peculiar situation in that I think Emmo’s name recognition would be helpful to the series, but money comes first.
Old 4 May 2004, 10:44 (Ref:960204)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Emmo will be involved this year, which is somethng of a loss, although neither Mazzacane (who was msot strongly linked to the drive) or Montiero from last year cna be considered as major losses. It's a shame he and James Dingman fell out last year, although it's possible that they wouldn't have space to run out of Conquest's shop anymore, now that Bachelart has 2 cars.