Old 25 May 2004, 20:58 (Ref:983018)   #1
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC losing the plot?

This is the content of a message I have sent to BRSCC Midlands region.
The problem is not theirs, but that of departed personnel I think.

Subject: Silverstone 29/30th May Plus ETCC Donington.
I have just looked at the BRSCC site and MST and there is no published timetable for these meetings.

I have had no passes from John Sadler either.

Can you forward this e-mail to the powers that be as I am not about to do yet another poorly planned meeting as per the last three!

Nothing personal, but I do think that the club (or the persons that used to run it) have lost the plot, and I am not prepared to fund (by my presence) their incompetence at a duff meeting, witness seven starters for the T Car (race?) at Mallory, plus the other poorly supported events (including the appalling three hour Beetle race at Silverstone) that should have been cancelled or merged. Perhaps you could forward this to Bob Armstrong.

I await their reply with interest.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:32 (Ref:983460)   #2
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have just sent a similar view back to our Championship Coordinator (to pass back to the BRSCC).

On Monday, we were emailed by our Championship Coordinator to be told that following a late programme change both our races are now to be held on Saturday - not over the 2 days as previously expected / desired.

Last night (having arrived home still to find no final instructions or tickets) I picked-up an email again from our Championship Coordinator stating that despite request from himself, no final instructions have yet been issued.

BRSCC have over past months come in for some considerable flack (deserved or otherwise), this sort of debacle does nothing for confidence in the club.
Old 26 May 2004, 07:59 (Ref:983483)   #3
vaughan jones
Racer

vaughan jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My son cancelled his entry to this meeting,disgusted in the way he was being treated by BRSCC, a loss making company cannot afford to have a cavalier attitude to its customers.
Old 26 May 2004, 08:15 (Ref:983498)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was appalled to see in MN that the VSRs and Super Silouettes had just 12 cars between them and had separate races - daft. Also Global GT lights -aint it time that that was amagamted with sports 1000?
Old 26 May 2004, 08:25 (Ref:983512)   #5
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear about all these problems. It doesn't seem to be across the board as the arrangements for BRSCC NWFF meetings have been okay after a few hiccoughs for the first meeting
Old 26 May 2004, 08:26 (Ref:983514)   #6
UncleSam
Rookie

UncleSam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this really a Marshalling topic?

You guys appear to be drivers!
Old 26 May 2004, 08:39 (Ref:983524)   #7
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by UncleSam
Is this really a Marshalling topic?

You guys appear to be drivers!
I know that two of them are both drivers and marshals - a damned good concept if you ask me - more drivers should do a spot of marshalling. The topic of the thread applies to both racers and marshals, so should there be another thread started in another forum, only for it to be merged by a mod?
Old 26 May 2004, 08:52 (Ref:983537)   #8
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The posts are really more relating to drivers although marshals are affected - sorry, I only read the posts not the heading
Old 26 May 2004, 09:01 (Ref:983544)   #9
jamo
Rookie

Wales
Stoke on Trent
jamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unclesam,

In the above I am commenting as a driver, I am however a Marshal also.

The problem re late issuing of final instructions and tickets presumably affects all attendees at Silverstone this weekend (competitors, marshals and other officials alike).

I was going to put my post under the Racers forum, but saw the title of this first - then couldn't help myself !

Re the comment of someone withdrawing their entry - I have considered same, however this is my first weekend of racing in 2004, have spent the last 6 weekends working on the car and I'm damned if anyone is going to spoil it now !!
Old 26 May 2004, 10:56 (Ref:983675)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I will leave the thread here for now, but if it turns into more of a racers thread then I will move it to the appropriate forum with a link left here.

Sorry to hear of the problems guys, I hope you get a satisfactory answer.
Old 26 May 2004, 16:23 (Ref:984080)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well its nat and club or Marshals - I'm a marshal and a driver
Old 26 May 2004, 17:05 (Ref:984114)   #12
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was more "officials" in BRSCC regalia than competitors at Mallory on Sunday, and as for the pompous p.a announcer............. do these people not realise drivers are paying a lot of hard earned cash to race with the club?...........
Little wonder that the meeting had poor entries.
Old 26 May 2004, 17:17 (Ref:984130)   #13
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How the BRSCC must be rueing the day they let Robin Knight slip through the net.
Compare the fortunes of the buoyant 750MC championships against the poorly supported BRSCC series'. 70-80 Stock Hatches[per round, 120+registered] compared to single figure T Car and VSR etc etc.
Old 26 May 2004, 18:36 (Ref:984239)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are we talking the paddock tannoy here?
Old 26 May 2004, 20:39 (Ref:984373)   #15
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi.
Glad beyond belief that it isn't just me that is concerned. I am just so sad that the people who are taking the stick are not the ones to blame. Sorry but I am voting with my feet this year on the basis of the quality of meetings, and I prefer to have a timetable to help my decision. (specifially Donington of course!)
Old 26 May 2004, 20:46 (Ref:984381)   #16
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having raced at the mallory round last weekend I found it incomprehensible that the T cars had a race, practise and a pre-qualifying session when there was only 6 or 7 of them out.
Old 26 May 2004, 21:08 (Ref:984407)   #17
vaughan jones
Racer

vaughan jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it appears that the deal for the double headers at silverstone was as follows:-
One 15 minute practice session, two 15 minute races, a couple of hours apart, 275 pounds.
Last meeting at oulton, fifteen minutes practice,20 minute race, the extra 10 minutes race costs 110 pounds???, against the entry of 165 pounds????
Old 27 May 2004, 12:32 (Ref:985042)   #18
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that the officials are aware of the problems and have said that next year the problems should be solved. We will have to wait and see.

Certainly on the marshalling side we are starting to see fewer and fewer marshals at the BRSCC meetings and I can only hope that things will improve and encourage more marshals back.

Who will be at Silverstone this weekend? We are committed to the Stowe circuit on the Saturday but will be marshalling on the Sunday. I will probably be on the Startline if we have enough flags and observers around the circuit. Hopefully I will see some of you then.
Old 28 May 2004, 07:32 (Ref:985797)   #19
UncleSam
Rookie

UncleSam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Midlands Centre of the BRSCC seem to get the most flak!
it's this same centre though, that publicly boasts to organising the most meetings in a season, over other centres.
Perhaps that's where some of the problems are; if there were slightly fewer meetings then more time & effort could be put in to the rest!
Old 28 May 2004, 08:29 (Ref:985844)   #20
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Its too lates I suggest the BRSCC winds itself up and a totally new club with 12 or 13 new series for the cars is started.
Old 28 May 2004, 08:33 (Ref:985850)   #21
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 or 13 series for Formula Vee is too many Sam.
Old 28 May 2004, 10:41 (Ref:986045)   #22
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't blame the Midlands Centre. They are very dependent on what HQ gives them - the timetable, the entries for example are out of their hands. They are doing what they can in what appear to be less than ideal circumstances.
Old 28 May 2004, 12:05 (Ref:986151)   #23
soper
Rookie

soper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the T car front - at the BRSCC dinner dance it was announced that the championship had 100K sponsorship, so I guess that the grids are being paid from this, therefore the BRSCC dont much care if there are 5 or 25 cars, the race pays its way. Trouble is it is a very expensive championship to run in and requires very wealthy parents! - hence the small grid sizes
Old 28 May 2004, 12:41 (Ref:986196)   #24
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Soper, thanks for the info about T cars I did not know that. However I maintain that as a spectacle at Mallory it was about as exciting as watching paint dry. I really do not think that 5 or 7 cars makes for a good race.
Given the money that is being spent by the guys and girl racing in it, I cannot imagine they can be very happy with the small numbers racing.
I really do not agree with children racing cars because unless your parents are seriously wealthy it is not going to happen.
Old 28 May 2004, 13:13 (Ref:986226)   #25
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
kickstart, it is a little blinkered to say6 you don't agree with children racing cars in my view. What about the children racing karts and the like, would you stop all people under the age of 18 from racing anything?

Whilst I agree that 6-7 car grids in T Cars are not spectator friendly and do little to bring new spactators to race tracks, it would be wrong to stop the drivers of tomorrow from honing their skills today.