Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:24 (Ref:1023469)   #1
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is Garth Walden?

Noticed the name Garth Walden on time sheet for p1 at QLD. Is he any relation to Gary or the guy from Wayne's World? I know only there to "qualify"...... but any history on the bloke?

Larko, We miss you.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1023479)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
His dad Brian owned an ex-Terry Finnigan VP, and took great pride in 1997 in taking that car to 16th outright, with Steve Williams doing the driving.

The only private team I had seen at the time with a proper VP show car with the 'right' VP body kit aboard..

The car he owns is GSR's Silver Streak.... and has been advertised in AA for some months, available for lease in the Konica rounds.

Based on the speed it displayed, they dont seem to be foxing, the driver/car combo genuinely slow....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1023481)   #3
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC he had a few co-drives in privateer Commodores in late-90's enduros. Maybe a few Konica races?

BTW, how did he get the seat for this weekend?

EDIT: Of course, I was thinking of Brian wasn't I...

Last edited by William Dale Jr; 2 Jul 2004 at 09:36.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1023490)   #4
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
His dad Brian owned an ex-Terry Finnigan VP, and took great pride in 1997 in taking that car to 16th outright, with Steve Williams doing the driving.

The only private team I had seen at the time with a proper VP show car with the 'right' VP body kit aboard..

The car he owns is GSR's Silver Streak.... and has been advertised in AA for some months, available for lease in the Konica rounds.

Based on the speed it displayed, they dont seem to be foxing, the driver/car combo genuinely slow....
He got in the way today.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:41 (Ref:1023500)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by retro
He got in the way today.
Following along the best traditions of the Romano franchise

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Jul 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1023514)   #6
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it is not the guy from Waynes World.... "Excuse me I'd like to get by please" Thought you would know something GTR. Still doesnt ring a bell though. Good luck to him. Maybe my turn next time to do a few laps.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 15:01 (Ref:1023791)   #7
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Garth Algar and Garth Walden, where are the similarities in those surnames
Old 3 Jul 2004, 03:27 (Ref:1024268)   #8
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he make the cut??

In P2 the fastest guy did a 1:10.6441 and Garth did a 1:14.9296

Can someone do the math
Old 3 Jul 2004, 03:31 (Ref:1024270)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The answer is at the bottom of the Natsoft screen...

105% Of First 1 Is 1:14.1763

So no, he wont likely make the cut, especially when the big boys go nuts later in the day on brand new tyres...

Although it has to be said, perhaps that was the intention anyway....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Jul 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1024416)   #10
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently Walden has secured the seat for the remainder of the season. And he did qualify, six-tenths within the cut-off. So with McFadyen and Walden now qualifying, the only team that has a 'fox' in it is PWR with the #43 entry.

I'm not certain of the whole deal with Walden, only that he has obviously stumped up to rent Romano's spot, providing an AU Falcon of all things from somewhere.

I did hear that AVESCO/TEGA are getting mighty ticked off about the PWR situation, even so far as wandering around to ask 'why did the car only do four laps' in the opening practise session.
Old 3 Jul 2004, 07:27 (Ref:1024421)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The other option for PWR is to put a wood duck in the seat, so they can stay out there for a zillion laps, and still not qualify....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Jul 2004, 07:31 (Ref:1024426)   #12
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from being forced to turn up to 80% of the rounds, is there any advantage in doing what PWR are doing?

They should lease the spot to someone seious, similar to the Team Dynamik / IMS situation.
Old 3 Jul 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1024488)   #13
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I wonder what has happened to all the good condition tyres that have been issued to PWR for the practice and qualifying sessions, but not been used in any races?????

Id hate to think they are using them to practice their other cars???
Old 4 Jul 2004, 02:45 (Ref:1025312)   #14
Woody75
Racer

Dare i say it that this could possibly be the last time we see a AU in a main game race
Old 4 Jul 2004, 02:48 (Ref:1025313)   #15
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford probably don't want any AU Falcons in the main game. Unlike another party, who lobby like crazy, get what they want, then don't utilise their gain and have a pile of old cars, new cars, hybrids, and confused fans who can no longer buy the VX's that they see race.

PR and marketing award of the year goes to.....why bother?
Old 4 Jul 2004, 02:55 (Ref:1025316)   #16
Woody75
Racer

Could we have a new Speedy on how hands if he is running the rest of the season.

Nickname suggestions anyone??
Old 4 Jul 2004, 04:37 (Ref:1025377)   #17
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Hmmm, I wonder what has happened to all the good condition tyres that have been issued to PWR for the practice and qualifying sessions, but not been used in any races?????

Id hate to think they are using them to practice their other cars???"

rdmdog - in that case don't ask questions that you don't want an answer to
Old 4 Jul 2004, 07:07 (Ref:1025476)   #18
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18th at QR is not Thextonesque!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 07:11 (Ref:1025479)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
didnt really see much of him today , and ten doing a great job of calling him Scifleet , but he kept out of the way and trouble that we saw and the car is still straight , so not a bad effort.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1025623)   #20
Woody75
Racer

Ok I take back the above comment

Can we have some past racing achieivements on the newest guy to v8supercar racing
Old 4 Jul 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1026147)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The AVESCO profile is real helpful Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1026191)   #22
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walden has virtually no experience in racing at all. While all and sundry seem keen to bag him, he's only been racing for a season or so at the most. Long time observer Barry Oliver thought his first V8 round was quite promising given his almost complete lack of experience.

There were several other drivers in the field who were much worse, givne their experince funding and equipment levels and some othem with some very bright stats in their profiles.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 23:05 (Ref:1026211)   #23
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Yep, to qualify and finish your first round in V8s, regardless of where it is, shows that he's not a waste of space. Well done to him.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1026232)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember a few years back (2000) he was racing at HQ Holden down in Sydney, what he has done since then I'm not sure. Has he had a drive of the old man's VS Commodore Sports Sedan or something? Still, I think he did a corker job to qualify and finish. At one stage there he fired off at turn six with a stuck throttle, and he did well to keep it off the concrete for the most part and bring it back into the pits. He lost a fair few of his laps in the pits getting the problem solved.

I think it was a pretty good effort, and he can only improve.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 23:56 (Ref:1026234)   #25
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in 97 I spent some time with the Walden's during our time running in the AMSCAR series. At that time Garth was starting to run HQ's in NSW so has in fact had some racing experince.
Garth comes from a Motor Racing Family and the BBQ was always fired up and Mum was ready to cook.The whole family helped out.

Garth was all so working on Super Tourers before they died. I'm sure Garth's brother looks on in this site so he might able to fill us in on the whole AU thing.

Congradulations Garth !!! dont listen to all the Knockers as most of them haven't got the guts to have a go!