Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:49 (Ref:1069491)   #1
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any free racing software online?

What a letdown Hungary was after a 3 week layoff... and the lack of enthusiasm here reflects that. I (perhaps We) need something to add some pizazz but the silly season has climaxed pretty much .. so I got to thinking that I have not played a good F1 game ever. I've always been disappointed in the few that I have tried and I'm too frugal (aka, cheap) to fork out money for such. My question, is there any free and decent auto racing software (preferably F1) on the net to satisfy my request? Or am I asking for too much?

Last edited by Kirk; 17 Aug 2004 at 16:50.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1069494)   #2
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
www.generally.cjb.net

Generally is a great little game with almost everything you could want. You can make tracks incredibly easily aswell as cars. There are lots already to download. The game is a top down view racing game with six cars on track at once with pit crews aswell. The cars make tyre marks which increase grip thru the race as well as having tyre wear, damage and fule consumption. There are lots of other things in the game, so take a look yourself. The game is completely free and downloadable and is only 1MB Big!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 17:14 (Ref:1069504)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
moved to where Aysedasi can appreciate such a thread
Old 17 Aug 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1069530)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you!

Another lamb to the GPL/F1C slaughter, maybe?

Read on Kirk. Not freebies perhaps, but if you've never found an F1 sim worth playing, start reading up on both GPL and F1C here......
Old 17 Aug 2004, 18:39 (Ref:1069603)   #5
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about F1GP, classic 1992 F1 sim that's available on theunderdogs? I used to play it a few years back, it was a serious addiction problem. Updated teams and everything (oh except for the tracks. Mind you, you get to play pre-'94 tracks without having to download extras so that's not such a bad thing)
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 17 Aug 2004, 18:50 (Ref:1069623)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been playing it. Lotsa fun!!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1069840)   #7
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
www.racer.nl

Especially check their forum. It's a open source race-game project, with amazing graphics. It's a bit less on gameplay, but if you get used to it it's quite fun.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 01:13 (Ref:1069998)   #8
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally is a lot of fun.

If your looking for more of a sim, check out netkar.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 07:56 (Ref:1070202)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must confess I tried netkar a while back and was disappointed.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1070414)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tried both Generally and Netkar and wasn't in the least bit impressed...
I also hate Micromachines games so maybe that's why...
Old 18 Aug 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1070468)   #11
McKay
Racer

McKay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well then your missing out
Old 18 Aug 2004, 19:55 (Ref:1070837)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do you run GPL McKay?

(If not, then we'd say you're mising out..... )