Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 5 Sep 2004, 08:03 (Ref:1087150)   #1
BIGMOUTH
Racer

BIGMOUTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Likes and Dislikes

As a relatively new member here at 10/10ths, I am hereby listing my F1 likes and dislikes so that people know on which side my bread is buttered! It would help me to get to know some of you guys if you also did a simular kinda list!

In no particular order...

McLaren
Williams
Renault
Montoya
Raikkonen
Webber
Hakkinen
D Hill
Rubens is ok
J Villeneuve
DC is ok
Michelin

Dislikes:

Ferrari
Dross Brawn
Jean Todt
M Schumacher
Toyota
Jaguar
Paul Stoddart
Sauber!!!
Massa
Sato
Dave Richards
BAR
Button
Bridgestone
Old 5 Sep 2004, 08:29 (Ref:1087159)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tend to decide on issues as and when they arise, rather than having a fixed list of things in mind telling me what to think.

I do support Raikkonen and McLaren but try not to let it cloud my judgement.

If someone does something good, I'd like to think I'd praise them whoever they are.

Likewise for criticism of bad things.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 08:49 (Ref:1087170)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kind of agree with Kicking back , although , i do like my motorracing to be exactly what it says it should be ...

give me a good motor race , and im happy !
In saying that ...im not that keen on :

DC
Ralf
and Michael

Last edited by Sato san; 5 Sep 2004 at 08:50.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1087175)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's no purpose to this post, other than a bunch of whinging and bickering. Get rid of it (and it's originator) before this site's reputation declines further.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1087208)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What, you don't like Sato BIGMOUTH? Really?

I don't really dislike anything or anybody, I just dislike certain situations....ie - a dull race, or actions of a driver or team that don't agree with me.

Mind you, that Ralf Schumachers a clot.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 09:48 (Ref:1087223)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, that's cleared it up then. Seeing as the man's provided us with nothing but a meaningless list, I'll try to add some meaning. Purely my interpretation of course... no FACTs here.

BIGMOUTH dislikes anyone and anything associated with Ferrari, and anyone or anything associated with Villeneuve's downfall.

BIGMOUTH likes anyone and anything that does not come under the above two categories.

Isn't it sad when who or what you like is dictated by who or what you don't like? Very negative outlook if you ask me.

Here are my likes and dislikes, then.

Anyone driving a Ferrari
Anyone in the Ferrari team
Great competitors
Sir Frank Williams
Ron Dennis (he's kinda grown on me!)
Spa
Silverstone
Bernie

...and lots more. Actually, I like just about everything about F1. That's why I'm a fan. There isn't a single person I dislike. I might criticise him, but I actually hope JV gets a drive in 2005 and does well. I'm a Ferrari fan, but I actually want the other teams to do better, I want someone to challenge Schumacher. I think it'll be Raikkonen, but I'd be perfectly happy if it's Button, Webber or Montoya. Or Villeneuve.

Dislikes
...nope, can't think of any. Oh, here ye go:

Hungaroring.
That hill from Spa circuit up to the coach parks.

Can't think of any more. Oh hang on. Yep, one more.

Ignorant "fans".
Old 5 Sep 2004, 09:55 (Ref:1087231)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You must dislike Ralf! that's a mandatory requirement!
Old 5 Sep 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1087254)   #8
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Star Wars
Cars that go "vroom vroom"
That girl that used to be on Neighbours
Chocolate
Making dens

Dislikes:
This thread.

This is a non thread and it should be closed.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1087292)   #9
Alpine Star
Rookie

Alpine Star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
speed, overtaking, great battles on the track, wheelbanging without crashes...

Dislikes:
People who dislike teams for what they can do, people who dislikes drivers for whom they think they are, people who are narowminded and intolerant and people who just can't stop whining about something that happened a million years ago or so

Basicly i dislike the way discussions like these usualy unfold
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:29 (Ref:1087307)   #10
BIGMOUTH
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
There's no purpose to this post, other than a bunch of whinging and bickering. Get rid of it (and it's originator) before this site's reputation declines further.
erm...the purpose is ( as stated ) to help me to get to know people and who they support...

And the guy who said I hate everyone associated with Ferrari...is that why Rubens is in my 'likes' list?
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1087327)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't bother getting to know people - if I've got anythign to do with it you won't be around for long.

And anyway, surely you can read other people's threads just as constructively if you're not constantly thinking "well, he would say that, he's a Ferrari fanatic" or similar.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1087332)   #12
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by BIGMOUTH
...And the guy who said I hate everyone associated with Ferrari...is that why Rubens is in my 'likes' list?
Simply the exception that proves the rule...

Quote:
I wouldn't bother getting to know people - if I've got anythign to do with it you won't be around for long.
Which you haven't... let the F1 mods do their job.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:10 (Ref:1087347)   #13
BIGMOUTH
Racer

Quote:
meh...if they decide to ban me for voicing my opinion then thats fine, I'm not a regular user here but the forum I regularly use has been a bit quiet the last couple of days, hence I decided to pay an over-due visit here and try to put right a few wrongs in peoples minds. I won't lose sleep either way...

Last edited by BIGMOUTH; 5 Sep 2004 at 12:11.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:13 (Ref:1087349)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
F1 and all its counterparts: I get annoyed with various individuals and teams, depending on particular actions, but to get annoyed shows that one cares.

To care is to have meaning.

Dislikes:

Opinions that are blinded by personal allegiances.

I like to believe I am able to seperate mine from the judgements I make.

Only other forumers can either confirm or deny this belief.

Edited for typos.

Last edited by Dutton; 5 Sep 2004 at 12:21.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1087362)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Come on LARGECAKEHOLE, you just want to know our favourites so you can bash us to death!
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:36 (Ref:1087366)   #16
BIGMOUTH
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Come on LARGECAKEHOLE, you just want to know our favourites so you can bash us to death!
Is that honestly what you think of me!!!?
What on EARTH gave you that impression, I wonder? :confused:
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:38 (Ref:1087367)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps your previous 85 posts.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1087374)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fast cars
Beer
All types of music with heavy guitar riffs

Dislikes
Jehova's witnesses
Non-alcoholic beer
Pop music
Old 5 Sep 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1087387)   #19
Fuzzyfelt
Racer

Fuzzyfelt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the things that attracts me to motorsport is the fact that, for most people, it's completely non-partisan. Most folks enjoy it for the sport, not simply to support.

How can your opinions be so set in stone? I'll consider making a list of things I definitely like and dislike ... the day after I die.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1087390)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would be quite hard typing when rigor mortis kicks in though...
Old 5 Sep 2004, 14:55 (Ref:1087420)   #21
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing is, this thread is not that bad.

I'll say that I'll more than often favour:
-Jacques Villeneuve
-Damon Hill
-BAR
-Catalan drivers
-Alonso
-Williams & McLaren
-Kimi Räikkönen

And I'd say that I rather prefer not to see them doing well:
-Michael Schumacher
-Ralf Schumacher
-Ferrari
-Any dominating team for that instance
-Tracks without any kind of personality
-Stupid qualifying rules.

That doesn't mean it's set in stone, it can change. I simply do not understand the fuss made about the topic. If we go on like this we will not talk of anything.
Old 5 Sep 2004, 15:00 (Ref:1087424)   #22
BIGMOUTH
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jordi
I simply do not understand the fuss made about the topic. If we go on like this we will not talk of anything. [/B]
Thankyou Jordi - at last someone with a bit of sense! Some of you guys need to loosen up a bit!
Old 5 Sep 2004, 15:49 (Ref:1087438)   #23
Alpine Star
Rookie

Alpine Star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are pretty loose for a depressed teenager, bigmouth...
Try to enjoy the things that do happen, instead of those that don't, that's better for yourself
Old 5 Sep 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1087474)   #24
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Jehova's witnesses
Old 5 Sep 2004, 17:39 (Ref:1087483)   #25
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In addition to "ignorant fans" I also strongly dislike Paul Stoddard. I pretty much like everone else... Of course, I like Ferrari more
Closed Thread