Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Nov 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1148935)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Foggy Petronas Sign Martin and McCoy

Well, the title says it all really - Carl Fogarty's got an all-Australian lineup for 2005, with a pair of really good riders. Carl described Steve as the most under-rated rider in the world, while Garry has done well in MotoGP although question marks exist as to his WSBK ability and application. Still, nice to see that the project is going full steam ahead.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 02:15 (Ref:1149168)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well good news for these two aussies , I jusr hope the bike gets better and better all the time.

they really need to be up there just that little bit more.

but with that line up I look forward to watching the foggy in 05
Old 10 Nov 2004, 07:23 (Ref:1149226)   #3
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unfortunetly i dont think the foggy machine will do any better next year for the aussie duo, especially when there will be 2 hondas now and 2 new gsxr's, its more likely that they will go backwards in the standings
Old 10 Nov 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1149368)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think you are right wreckless unfortunately, the rules really do not themselves to the FP1, they are struggling for power all the time.
I read some quotes from Troy and Chris the otehr day and they reckon they are something like 25hp don on the other bikes, they might as well be on a 600 to be honest.
And no matter what you say about Garry and Steve, neither are a patch on Troy for sorting a bike out, in fact Garry was hopeless in my opinion in 2004 unless he was on a track he knew. Looked far better on the Aprilia in GP's, though even there was soundly beaten by a 41 year old!
Old 10 Nov 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1149540)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by chunder
Garry was hopeless in my opinion in 2004 unless he was on a track he knew.
Garry will know all the tracks this year, so that's not an issue anymore. All the same, I suspect Foggy's initial chance to establish themselves in WSBK has passed, now that the big names are returning. Still, I think podiums are possible.
Old 10 Nov 2004, 16:20 (Ref:1149614)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately I don't share your sense of optimism about podiums Boots. IMO they'll be in the top 10, but on the fringes at best. The bike just doesn't appear to be developing into a fast machine. They are still down on power after all this time...
Old 11 Nov 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1150237)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I do agree that this does seem an odd choice for Australia's own McCoy and Martin, their not stupid and there must be some sort of reason, incentive or hope for the following season for them to sign.
Old 11 Nov 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1150249)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
best of luck to both gazza & steve - it shall be a challenge..... however, 7 aussies in wsbk in 2005 is great
corser, pitt, muggas, vermuelen & nowland
Old 11 Nov 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1150390)   #9
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Pitt signed then?

Foggy need to make real progress now. I'd say they've got a weaker line-up than last year, and the rrival field will be much stronger. The team is better backed than DFX or NCR, which is probably why the riders have taken the offer up, but I can't see them fighting for wins.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 00:31 (Ref:1151081)   #10
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Is Pitt signed then?

Foggy need to make real progress now. I'd say they've got a weaker line-up than last year, and the rrival field will be much stronger. The team is better backed than DFX or NCR, which is probably why the riders have taken the offer up, but I can't see them fighting for wins.
Pitt - Yamaha Italia

The question is, can Garry pop some 16.5s on and powerslide around the circuit?
Old 12 Nov 2004, 04:59 (Ref:1151166)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
curtain & parkes for yamaha germany in supersport too
Old 12 Nov 2004, 14:18 (Ref:1151590)   #12
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Hazza - I'd expect Yamaha to have at least one recognised WSBK star on their team, perhaps Haga, but Pitt is a good team-mate.