Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Nov 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1166071)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi on the rocks

According to what reported by Finnish and German press, Kimi Raikkonen has been seen several times drunk in Gran Canaria in the last few days, apparently due to the despair for having been dumped by his wife Jenny, married a few months ago.

Hans Joakim Stuck said this is unacceptable by a guy who is an example for all youngsters, and this is the difference between him and MS, who would never have such demeanour in public.

Norbert Haug, embarrassed, said that a reasonable solution shall be found internally in McLaren.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0411...mi2-61_368.jpg
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sport/0411...mmi-12_368.jpg

[EDIT:] The pictures have been removed, although the links remain. Is there an actual source? And is it Ok for the pictures to be spread around the public domain? [/EDIT]

Last edited by Adam43; 28 Nov 2004 at 17:24.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1166092)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is that an unshaven Mika in the second shot?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1166093)   #3
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In this day and age there are people(ie Newspapers) ready to pounce on you for doing anything that an ordinary member of the general public does.

I think that it is a bit rich to say that KR is a role model for the youth of today!! Surely he can't have brought the sport/team into disrepute for one drunken holiday?

People complained when he was quiet, expressionless and monosyllabic. Chuh!

I am sure that he will be embarrassed but it won't effect his driving and that is all Haug should be concerned with really.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:25 (Ref:1166094)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I second that!
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1166095)   #5
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
Is that an unshaven Mika in the second shot?
You know - i was just thinking that too
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1166102)   #6
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Casseopeia is bang on the money. An off season holiday binge is not that bad.

It seems like the world at large is shocked by the revelation that the Finns like a drink.
The regular Press will be announcing that Oliver Reed liked a sherbert or 2 next.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1166110)   #7
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could be Mika but I wouldn't have a clue...

Give the guy a break. He was dumped by his wife. It's not something that happens to you everyday, and he's only young.

He works day in, day out on his fitness and fulfilling engagements for sponsors and the team and other **** like that. If he isn't doing that, he's in the car doing lap after lap testing. If he isn't doing that he's talking to the media (so what if he isn't that 'interesting', he still does it). And then he gets to drive a race for two hours at the end of the process.

Letting your hair down in the off season isn't unusual, and for someone seen as 'emotionless' (though that wouldn't be the case) it's a refreshing side. The kid got drunk - did he kill, rape or fight anyone? If not, leave him be.

In Australia, it's called Tall Poppy Syndrome - you always cut off the tallest Poppies...
Old 28 Nov 2004, 11:28 (Ref:1166121)   #8
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
poor kid gets dumped, and then drunk, and the papers have the nerve to criticise him for it.
i think i'd do the same thing if i were him. and at least it shows he isn't a machine, even michael schumacher has been known to have a drink when the seasons over
Old 28 Nov 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1166125)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As far as I know, Kimi and his wife are still very much together.

It's the off season, he's allowed a drink! He'll be back in fitness training next week no doubt.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 11:57 (Ref:1166140)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see what the big deal is - maybe we cna even get some publicicty for F1 out of this. He's a young successful guy with some private problems right now, he's entitled to relax a bit in the off-season and enjoy himself. It makes a change from the image we get of the guy, and I'm pleased to hear it.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 11:58 (Ref:1166141)   #11
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe MS should drink before races to help even up the field next season ?

Im sure fosters could provide 6 of their finest to MS an hour before the lights go green
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:05 (Ref:1166146)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by NickoGP

He works day in, day out on his fitness and fulfilling engagements for sponsors and the team and other **** like that. If he isn't doing that, he's in the car doing lap after lap testing. If he isn't doing that he's talking to the media (so what if he isn't that 'interesting', he still does it). And then he gets to drive a race for two hours at the end of the process.
Im sure we'd all jump at the chance to do what he is doing so he's lucky in that respect...

If he has been getting drunk constantly as has been suggested then im sure Mac will take the appropriate action because it is not in their best interest and he is not setting a good example... its ok once in a while...
Old 28 Nov 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1166159)   #13
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Norbert Haug, embarrassed, said that a reasonable solution shall be found internally in McLaren"

Say what?! sounds like an arranged marriage comming up

more seriously-i really feel for the guy.Getting dumped is no fun at all.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 13:21 (Ref:1166181)   #14
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
god sake he is having fun like anyone else wants to, i say carry on partying .
Old 28 Nov 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1166193)   #15
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next JV ??

Enjoy yourself , Kimi . You have earned it !

Last edited by fast95pony; 28 Nov 2004 at 13:50.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1166208)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He can get drunk when he wants, as many times as he wants in as short a timeframe as he wants.

Big deal.

Obviously Norbert Haug is teetotal and a living example of purity, so of course action should be taken.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1166210)   #17
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Hans Stuck really say that?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1166211)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Kimi on the rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen

Hans Joakim Stuck said this is unacceptable by a guy who is an example for all youngsters, and this is the difference between him and MS, who would never have such demeanour in public.

Quoting Hans Stuck here

Japan 2003 anyone? Wasn't a certain MS in a bit of "hot water" after a drunken night out celebrating his WDC? At least Kimi didn't throw a fridge through a window *

* I would like to point out that this post is not a critism of Micheal, just that Hans Stuck ought to get his facts straight first
Old 28 Nov 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1166213)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agree with that MrV. Stucky should have thought about it but, does anybody else think that this thread is a bit tasteless?

If true the poor bloke deserves to go out and get lashed. Doesn't need us lot gawping at pics though.

Hope nobody with a camera saw me last night.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 16:32 (Ref:1166277)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Kimi on the rocks

Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
According to what reported by Finnish and German press, Kimi Raikkonen has been seen several times drunk in Gran Canaria in the last few days, apparently due to the despair for having been dumped by his wife Jenny, married a few months ago.
I think I would dump my partner if they were about as exciting as a trip to the toilet.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1166280)   #21
Warrior21
Rookie

Warrior21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who really cares what he does?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1166313)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hello style F1! Great.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1166464)   #23
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could we be seeing a new james hunt in the making?
Old 28 Nov 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1166466)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As has been said, this behaviour is no different to many other drivers in the winter, or footballers during their off season.

Kimi and his wife have not split up either.

Much ado about nothing, this.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1166468)   #25
therealdeal
Rookie

United States
Miami, FL
therealdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
leave the man alone.... he only so young and let him live while he can in the offseason.... that man can drink through the whole offseason and still be in better shape than an average man

i think hes going to be the next champ