Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1250804)   #1
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Change at Hemelgarn?

According to some Internet romours, Chesson could replace Dana at Hemelgarn, what do you think of this??
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1250806)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It would certainly be a sudden change - and not one I've heard anything about.
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:43 (Ref:1250816)   #3
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do I get the feeling that this could evolve into a rent-a-drive?
Old 13 Mar 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1250830)   #4
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Because it already is?
Old 13 Mar 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1250844)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
CJ is pretty good isnt he ???

Im not sure but dana wasnt up to speed at homestead and if he stays im sure he will get a bit better , seems harsh to dump him after one race.

but from what I have seen of chesson , hes not to bad but i could be wrong
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1250872)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, PJ said he thought he was ready for the IRL, and would be pushing for a ride this season, so who knows?

He is a wild child though, and I'm not sure he is mature enough to handle the high speed, wheel-to-wheel action that goes on in the big leagues. Remember the yellow flag incident he caused last year, by throwing his neck brace onto the track? He was dropped from Mo Nunns IPS team for that beauty! This series is all about trusting the driver next to you, and he has a long way to go in that department IMO. On the other hand, he could be the right personality to throw a real spark into the series.

Would be a shame to see Paul go though, after only one race. Any rookie is going to take some time to come up to speed...

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Mar 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1250885)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paul needs more time. I doubt he'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

I wonder if we'll see PJ at Indy, though?
Old 13 Mar 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1250941)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we can squash this rumor. From Speed :

Indianapolis 500-winning teams Hemelgarn Racing and Red Bull Cheever Racing each filed entries March 9 for the 89th running of the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing.”

1996 winner Hemelgarn filed one entry, while 1998 winner Cheever submitted two entries. Rookie Paul Dana was named as the driver of the Hemelgarn entry, while 2002 Indianapolis 500 Bank One co-Rookie of the Year Alex Barron and rookie Patrick Carpentier were named as drivers of the Red Bull Cheever Racing entries.

I'm alittle disappoionted that RBC only registered two entries. I thought there was a decent possibility of a three car effort...

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Mar 2005, 15:29 (Ref:1250951)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothign stopping them from adding a third car later though GP Racer. If they're as uncompetitive as they were at Homestead tehre wouldn't be much point in their adding another car.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1251209)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
is it PJ or CJ Chesson , now I am confused lol
Old 14 Mar 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1251227)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
The one that we're referring to is indeed PJ, but he does have a brother who is also in IPS, and I'm not sure what his initials are. They could be CJ!

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Mar 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1251434)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
cor blimey.

Im gonna call em Phil and Cecil from now on
Old 14 Mar 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1251476)   #13
Snips1
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Snips1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I should have said this in the first place, but the romour says post Indy, it's just something I have read at another forum, but the guy who posted it said it was certain that Chesson would replace Dana post Indy, I guess we will see....
Old 14 Mar 2005, 13:09 (Ref:1251563)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is one of the reasons I hate the internet at times.

Made-up rumours can be posted, quoted, grow arms and legs and end up being thought of as fact.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1251663)   #15
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one always looked more like a rumour than a fact to me. Maybe Dana's contract only goes up to Indy and any renewal is dependent on how well he does and how much extra funding he can find (perhaps relative to other contenders such as Chesson).
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1251987)   #16
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Performance clause in Danas contract will be the deciding factor but it's PJ that has been spreading this rumor.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1251993)   #17
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Owner
Performance clause in Danas contract will be the deciding factor but it's PJ that has been spreading this rumor.
I'll tell you, this PJ seems like a real loose cannon, that needs alot more time to mature. He will either be a star here, or a quick flameout, I don't see any in-between for this kid...

Danica Patrick
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1252002)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He sounds like a pantomime villain, which I guess is exactly what the IRL needs, and what NASCAR had to succeed.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1252050)   #19
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thomas Schekter the 2nd anybody?