Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Apr 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1283718)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Pizzonia on stand by?

I've read that Jungleboy is on standby at Imola for some reason or other relating to Williams' regulars suffering various aches and pains..

What's all that about then?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1283783)   #2
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, Mark Webber cracked some ribs in pre-season testing and is still recovering, while Nick Heidfeld has complained of severe back pain in the last round of testing. So Williams have asked Pizzonia to go to Imola to be on standby in case one of the two frontrunning drivers pulls up sore. But Pizzonia isn't expecting to race.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1283789)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Oh right, i see

Maybe he'll 'do a Davidson' though and get the nod right at the last minute?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1283855)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It always surprises me when teams don't bring their test drivers to races, because you never know when they will be needed.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1283857)   #5
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought most of the top teams had their 'third' driver knocking around the paddock on Friday and flew them back Saturday afternoon if they weren't needed. Reduces the sponsor work load of the main two aswell or something.

That said, now the European season has started they can just fly the drivers in as and when they're needed.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1283859)   #6
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They normally like to keep the test drivers on the same time zone as the test tracks - cuts down on jet lag. That's why Ant wasn't on-hand when Sato was taken ill - Ant had to fly out suddenly.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1284168)   #7
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happens if both drivers can't race?
Old 21 Apr 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1284171)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unless they can grab someone quickly and everyone else agrees then they can run them. This might be another team's third driver or tester. If not, which probably would end up being the case, then they will run only one car.

IIRC Jordan tried to borrow Frentzen when Arrows were on the way out, but he decided it would effect the proceedings he filed against Jordan for sacking him the year before. That is the closest something like I describe above has come to happening (in recent years - they used to try each other's cars for a laugh in the good old days).
Old 21 Apr 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1284173)   #9
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm too polite to even begin to answer the question if both drivers are 'unavailable' (my quotes), but I guess someone around here, with more manners than I have, will know.

Last edited by Pitstop; 21 Apr 2005 at 21:59.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1284181)   #10
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well no problem for Ferrari (Gene & Badoer), McLaren (dlRosa & Wurz), Red Bull (Klein, Speed, Janie & about two million others).
BAR did suprise me when Button wasn't availible, stupid enough that Sato wasn't about, but the race was in europe - there must have been plenty of guys just sitting at home no more than 2 hours away.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1284186)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it isn't that simple, even for the teams with two test drivers. Only one is a nominated third driver. Everyone would have to agree to it, at least
Old 21 Apr 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1284231)   #12
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At f1racing.net, Webber is quoted as saying that he's 80% recovered and he will be racing this weekend.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1284408)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

No, it doesn't look like Jungleboy's gonna get his run now...