Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Apr 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1289614)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Minardi test!

for a second day!

They must have notched up dozens of laps by now! The team say hey have had a good day. Will this bring them closer (or ahead) of Jordan? The car hardly had any testing before Imola.

The testing was at Mugello:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1live.com
Albers completed 66 laps with a best time of 1:24.380s with Friesacher recording a best of 1:25.721s from his 47 laps. Chanoch Nissany completed 16 laps with a best of 1:39.540s.
http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlin...28210553.shtml
Old 28 Apr 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1289619)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
They must have worn out at least one set of tyres by now.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1289641)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not all of the Minardi testing was usefull though......

Quote:
Minardi had an embarrassing start to their week's testing programme at Mugello in Italy on Wednesday when two of their cars managed to collide with each other.

Although the specific details of how the accident happened are not known yet, Christijan Albers in the new PS05 and test driver Chanoch Nissany in one of last year's PS04B cars managed to run into each other at the Bucine Curve, the final corner before the start-finish straight.

A team spokesman confirmed that both cars were slightly damaged in the crash, although neither driver was hurt.
From Autosport-Atlas http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=43775&s=5
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1289647)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoops! I bet there were some sheepish looks after that!
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1289661)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The team explanation: "one of them zigged, when he should have zagged"!

Minardi testing is something amazing....they had only done something like 123 miles of testing altogether this season. A startling figure, really.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1289667)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't that 1:24 2 seconds faster than they managed in the shake down?
How much of that is work done at Mugello, since the San Marino grandprix I wonder? It might all just be from what they learnt there in which case there'll be little improvement next time out.
Old 28 Apr 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1289671)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissany apparently was working on chassis set up mainly. What I don't understand is, having lapped 14-15 seconds off the "pace", what use will any data gleaned from his car be?

Or was he actually just running a systems check on how well the starter works?
Old 28 Apr 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1289765)   #8
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how much the 30 days testing limit will save them. I mean, it's to help teams like Minardi save money, right?

Anyone care to give an estimate on how much they would have save as compared to without the 30 days limit this year?
Old 29 Apr 2005, 00:01 (Ref:1289767)   #9
supermagnet
Rookie

supermagnet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think that they save no money, since they probably don't have the money to test more than 30 days anyway.

BTW, I'd really like to see some video of Nissany crawling around the circuit.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 00:36 (Ref:1289785)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe Nissany is doing a cost effective programme.Maybe it's more cost effective to be lapped 8 times rather than just the usual 4.Think of all the extra TV coverage.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 03:13 (Ref:1289826)   #11
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's all nice of you to sit back and heap it onto Nissany, but probably the only reason all three of the cars were able to test today is because of the money he is bringing to the Minardi team so he can 'live the dream' and test a Formula 1 car.

I think it was unfortunate, and he would be embarrased, by running into Albers on day one, but I think Paul is happy enough that he's getting good money just to let him drive around in one of the old cars.

It might be better if the team had a good, up and coming driver as a tester, but remember that Miniardi does have two up and coming drivers in their team - they are the two main drivers...
Old 29 Apr 2005, 04:13 (Ref:1289837)   #12
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Well, I for one am on the edge of my seat now knowing that yet another Test of the New Radical Minardi is being carried out with the machine-like precision of the Minardi Race Team (we can only hope that the procedures followed bear little resemblance to those used in the powered flight industry which the Team is closely associated with).

While I understand the $$ Nissany brings are very much needed, one wonders how useful the data they are gleaning from his driving is? Perhaps now they have discovered a key to unlocking the Secrets of the Ultimate Post-Qualifying Cool- Down Lap! Perhaps they are working on a Top Secret Zig Zag Control that will ensure an end to those embarassing mishaps with one of your cars At Speed and the other Not. That accident says more about Albers than Nissany, imho.

Can't wait till Spain to see this all pay off with the Radical New Minardi a mere 7 seconds off the pace.

Joy.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1289888)   #13
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess will be an attempt to inflate the cost of testing... hence from next year on, to further keep cost down for teams like Minardi that can ill afford to have their cars running into each other during testing, testing will thus be limited to 1day at Monaco where the filthy rich can PAY premiums to watch the once a year ultimate event of F1 GP, F1 TESTING!
Old 29 Apr 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1289989)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe nissany is just testing how the car works at pit-lane speed limit...

The 30 day limit isnt likely to save Minardi half a cent.

it's good to see Minardi doing testings. I think everyone, fans or not, are tired of seeing a team struggle to even put together a go-kart every year, and would love to see every team getting competitive. With the likes of Jordan and Red Bull having decent backers to push them with a neat bag of cash, it's inevitable that Minardi has to find ways to up their own game.
Old 29 Apr 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1289993)   #15
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nissany apparently was working on chassis set up mainly. What I don't understand is, having lapped 14-15 seconds off the "pace", what use will any data gleaned from his car be?
It shows that the new Minardi is clearly 15 secs a lap faster than the old one...

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS (PS05)
Best lap: 1 min 24.380 secs

CHANOCH NISSANY (PS04B)
Best lap: 1 min 39.510 secs

What an amazing leap in performance!
Old 29 Apr 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1290026)   #16
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grow up John. Minardi do an amazing job with the money they have, and don't deserve ridiculing. Even Ron Dennis has admitted that they are more efficient than his team, despite their lack of obviously-talented individuals. There's every chance they can get some decent speed out of the car, and if they can get to the finish and others can't, who knows?
Old 29 Apr 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1290166)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

As cynical as John worded his post (), he speaks largely the truth!
Old 29 Apr 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1290352)   #18
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this mean on top of everything else, the Minardi drivers are dyslectic?
(Did they both zig at the same time then?)
Old 29 Apr 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1290366)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Well, I for one am on the edge of my seat now knowing that yet another Test of the New Radical Minardi is being carried out with the machine-like precision of the Minardi Race Team (we can only hope that the procedures followed bear little resemblance to those used in the powered flight industry which the Team is closely associated with).

While I understand the $$ Nissany brings are very much needed, one wonders how useful the data they are gleaning from his driving is? Perhaps now they have discovered a key to unlocking the Secrets of the Ultimate Post-Qualifying Cool- Down Lap! Perhaps they are working on a Top Secret Zig Zag Control that will ensure an end to those embarassing mishaps with one of your cars At Speed and the other Not. That accident says more about Albers than Nissany, imho.

Can't wait till Spain to see this all pay off with the Radical New Minardi a mere 7 seconds off the pace.

Joy.

They are trying hard and have to be commeded for that
Old 29 Apr 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1290387)   #20
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfm
Does this mean on top of everything else, the Minardi drivers are dyslectic?
(Did they both zig at the same time then?)
Do you mean dyslexic?..maybe you are!
Old 30 Apr 2005, 02:28 (Ref:1290443)   #21
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Grow up? Is that the best anyone can do as a rebuttal?? Besides, if I haven't done so in 47 years I sure am not going to bother with it now since I am past the halfway point!

Minardi are essentially the plucky comic relief of F1. If F1 had relegation (now there is an idea) they would be in League One right now.

The shame of it is that some of these guys are trying hard but do not have the resources to make a proper go of it.

To me at least it is still rather sad and ridiculous that this Team is allowed to wobble about as they are. At some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1290515)   #22
grandprixdiary
Racer

grandprixdiary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there is an element out there who say, 'we love Minardi', 'they are the fun side of F1'. I used to think the same, and yes, what they do with the money is amazing. Perhaps they should spend it on GP2 or A1GP and then they would start to win there. Nobody would be happier than me to see them do well, but after 20 years of constant failure - well, its not going to happen is it. Charlie Kennedy will be PM before Minardi win a race. Sadly, Minardi are now just an embarrassment. Calling Nissany a test driver is insulting our intelligence. He is hiring the PS04B for his own fun (and best of luck to him I guess) and then telling us that the Chinese driver Marchy Lee Ying King Ping (whatever his name is) could not test at Mugello due to 'logistical problems' is a joke - he just didn't have the money. Mind you, perhaps it was a good thing, imagine the damage he and Nissany could do together....!

Rob
Old 3 May 2005, 14:43 (Ref:1292061)   #23
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think Minardi are rubbish, but that's precisely why they are still in F1 - a buffer zone for larger egos.

As for people who go on about the money - their budget is over 30 million pounds for crying out loud, it's not like trying to cure cancer with two drinking straws, some blu-tac and a roll of sticky-back plastic. Saying that they do well for the money is ridiculous as well - this is F1, and Minardi come last at every race.
Old 3 May 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1292161)   #24
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I said this back when Nissany was announced, but why would he just buy an old Ferrari and drive around a track. The F2002 is forsale now and the F2003 should be soon. He'd get much better bang for his buck.
Old 3 May 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1292180)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Because he'd need a team of people to run it - may as well go into a set up.