Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1326525)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Driver of the race?

Martin Brundle said there was no stand out driver in this one. I think he may be right. This could be a close thought affair.

I've added some names, please request more if I miss your driver of the race.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1326572)   #2
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've picked Massa simply because he ran a great race, kept it on the black stuff and kept MW and other behind him.

But yes many others I could have picked too...
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1326575)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Okay I voted for Rubens, to come from the pit lane to the podium however he made it happen is pretty darn good. He should get mad more often
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1326580)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a hard one this.

JPM was fantastic......until things went horribly wrong. So you can't really vote for him.

Schumacher M was solid, salvaging a second place.

Barrichello stormed to third from last.

I'll give it to Massa. Showed Villeneuve how to pilot a Sauber round Montreal.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1326588)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definately to Massa.... finished ahead of a Toyota and a Williams... well done...
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1326603)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think I'll have to go with Massa too, because of all the contenders, his was probably the most unlikely to figure; a clean meritorious drive that just edges out Michael and Rubens. JPM would have been clear winner of this, I'd have thought, if he had maintained his weekend performance edge over Kimi to the end.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:42 (Ref:1326606)   #7
T0MAT01
Veteran

England
Focknowles Weir
T0MAT01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very close call, I say Massa too but could have been Raikkonen, Schumi, Barrichello, Webber, Coulthard or Klien (a point from 16th!).
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1326610)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I went with Kimi. Just because he won. Really, Massa Michael and rubens all deserved it as much.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1326636)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me its Rubens.

Of the possibilities it would have been Nick but for the breakdown. Button but for the mistake. A thought here, when was the last time he actually threw it off the road?

JPM was going well but the pit exit was so bloody obvious.

Mickey-the Shoe drove a great race. Right there when it counted.

But then we come to the backroom boys.

Massa was exceptional. What's all this tosh about not developing the car so its not competitive?

DC gets in the points again. As did Klein!

Mark? Well good on him. But Nick was a bit quicker wasn't he?

Nope. It has to be Rubens this week. Well done that man.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1326643)   #10
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens for me too.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1326661)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Surely Rubens was the stand-out drive? MS started 2nd, finished 2nd...team-mate started stone last, finished 3rd. He could have won without the problems.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1326675)   #12
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a number of good races here... great result for Kimi, but when Alonso retires from a race we'd expect a good result for Kimi, so maybe not an exceptional result. Same with MS in 2nd after starting in 2nd. Some others worth mentioning... DC another good result even if the car lacked some straight line speed. Klien having a good finish behind DC.

But the two exceptional results for me are Rubens - pit lane to podium, and Massa - 11th to 4th in the Sauber.

Either one would be a deserving driver of the race.
In the end I decided on Massa.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1326684)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got to say that Massa is proving most of us wrong isn't he?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1326686)   #14
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems that anyone who didn't stuff the car into the wall had a good race, but i think i'll go with the common consensus and nominate massa. he seemed to be constantly battling people today but didn't mess up and got a good result.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1326693)   #15
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari would have to have the best driver vote. Rubens did fantastic, and so did Michael. Probably Rubens showed a little bit more.

Yep Massa did a fantastic job, but when Fisi/Alonso/Monty/Button/Trulli all go out in front of you it turns a 9th into a 4th and makes you look awesome. Of course there is no real point comparison between him and JV as Massa very clearly has the edge, and JV was busy spinning around in circles.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1326695)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the contrary Peter, he has been much as expected this year. From mid 2004 he has really shone brightly!

Nice to see, considering he looked buried after 2002.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1326698)   #17
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going with Brundle on this one. Massa.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:31 (Ref:1326762)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksnaf
Ferrari would have to have the best driver vote. Rubens did fantastic, and so did Michael. Probably Rubens showed a little bit more.

Yep Massa did a fantastic job, but when Fisi/Alonso/Monty/Button/Trulli all go out in front of you it turns a 9th into a 4th and makes you look awesome. Of course there is no real point comparison between him and JV as Massa very clearly has the edge, and JV was busy spinning around in circles.
Surely Rubens went from 8th to 3rd and Michael from probabyl 6th to 2nd for the same reason?

My vote went to the guy who had the race in the bag until those mysterious radio problems.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1326831)   #19
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa - one other driver on the grid has a world champion team-mate and he isn't beating him
Old 12 Jun 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1326843)   #20
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa.
Clearly F1 is too fast for JV, when he takes up golf soon he will break the clubs.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 23:21 (Ref:1326860)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Raikkonen - kept his head while all around were losing theirs.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 23:43 (Ref:1326874)   #22
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa and Kimi for me. Kimi was also lucky, but he managed to survive a big problem with his steering, and Massa lead a great race. Barrichelo? I can't see how he did ANYTHING apart from being EXTREMELY lucky today.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 00:03 (Ref:1326891)   #23
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Montoya. he was clearly the faster of the Mclarens for the first time this year until the got the black flag.
that, and the lack of a real outstanding driver of the race, is why I voted for him.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 01:31 (Ref:1326923)   #24
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to say Montoya. He would have had Kimi today and had the Renaults not faulted, i still think he would have passed Alonso and possibly Fisi. He drove a great race until the SC period. I can't really fault him for hitting the red light. Had he waited he would have likely been outside the points anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 02:08 (Ref:1326937)   #25
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cast a pity vote for Fisi and his terrible luck.
I could have also voted for Jarno as I think he had his car way up where it probably did not belong and he did a heck of a job getting it there.
Mike