Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jul 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1356237)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
v8 supercar tv rights

Anyone heard anything on this front? Didnt Tony say he wanted it all sorted by August?
Old 15 Jul 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1356532)   #2
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
hrt_rulz01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there was an article in the daily telegraph yesterday about this. apparently bidding is well underway with channels 7,9,10 & Fox Sports are all bidding for the rights to the v8s beyond 2006. interesting to see who gets it, but would definetly prefer it to stay the way it is!
Old 15 Jul 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1356585)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I doubt #9 is in the serious running... having swept the floor of the Sydney offices and losing 15% or so of their staff in recent weeks... it is a stretch to see them over paying to get the Supercars.... especially when they seemed to have no inclination to retain the F1...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 15 Jul 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1356599)   #4
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
F1 at channel 9??? Am I missing something??
Old 15 Jul 2005, 23:49 (Ref:1356601)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No... #9 had the F1 until only a couple of seasons ago...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Jul 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1356615)   #6
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Think of it people, Ch7 has seen over the years that Ch serious has turned the v8supertaxis into something, And possiably relized that when they had the TV rights they stuffed up. Now the see big dollars and might throw there hat back into the ring.

Aussie Bernie TC will only go to were he sees the big dollar sign.

It was intetesting to note that in Aussie Bernie number 1 scibe Mr Kershlar story yesterday in the Telegrah that he said that some racing INSIDERS have commented on CH serious becoming STALE??????????
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Jul 2005, 02:58 (Ref:1356632)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#7 will be the most likely supporter... Mr Stokes is well rumoured to be a fan of the series/sport... so would likely pursue favourable commercial opportunities around the coverage.

The issue of course is what happens to the rest of the #10 coverages (F1, WSBK, MotoGP, ChampCar, Indy500 etc) if the Supercars run away....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Jul 2005, 03:12 (Ref:1356635)   #8
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it won't go the same way that Nine's coverage did when the bikes and the Indycar's departed the network, but I fear it will.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 03:46 (Ref:1356641)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
#7 will be the most likely supporter... Mr Stokes is well rumoured to be a fan of the series/sport... so would likely pursue favourable commercial opportunities around the coverage.

The issue of course is what happens to the rest of the #10 coverages (F1, WSBK, MotoGP, ChampCar, Indy500 etc) if the Supercars run away....
The noise was that 7 were very interested......and would use the multi channel Digital format to broadcast supercars....now the Digital change over (your guess is as good as mine) is now some years away this will complicate things for them.

Foxtel would like the v8 supercars (live) as a carrot for new subscribers.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1356643)   #10
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt_rulz01
interesting to see who gets it, but would definetly prefer it to stay the way it is!
Why Channel 10 Seriously Suck!!!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:07 (Ref:1356646)   #11
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
you're kidding arent u? channel 10 do a great job. excellent coverage! i really hope the v8s dont go exclusive to fox sports, that would be a major blow to the series. millions of viewers would be lost. dont think it will happen though! channel 10 is my best bet!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:13 (Ref:1356647)   #12
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually i am a fan of channel 10, it is much better than what we had, and every year is an improvement.

i do wish they would put on some more saturday night races, they could put them on after 10.30 like they did earlier in the year
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:16 (Ref:1356648)   #13
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
you're kidding arent u? channel 10 do a great job. excellent coverage! i really hope the v8s dont go exclusive to fox sports, that would be a major blow to the series. millions of viewers would be lost. dont think it will happen though! channel 10 is my best bet!
Maybe the V8's should stay on Chanel 10 because they do a good job with V8 Supercars but all other motorsport should go to a other Channel!

Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't even show the V8's Live. Why?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:16 (Ref:1356649)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
The powder room boys are saying FoxSports will get the *live to air* rights and a comercial channel will have the delayed rights...unless 7 win the bidding as they want *live to air*

He who has the most money wins.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1356652)   #15
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
actually i am a fan of channel 10, it is much better than what we had, and every year is an improvement.

i do wish they would put on some more saturday night races, they could put them on after 10.30 like they did earlier in the year
No it is the V8's (An Australian Series) so they should show the Saturday races on Saturday afternoon after the stupid AFL.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1356653)   #16
hrt_rulz01
Racer

Australia
Australia
that wouldnt surprise me one bit that Fox Sports would get the "live" coverage & then one of the "free to air" channels could show the delayed coverage. typical!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 04:50 (Ref:1356654)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
No it is the V8's (An Australian Series) so they should show the Saturday races on Saturday afternoon after the stupid AFL.
in victoria that is after the AFL.

and i dont think you should call our national sport stupid, after all it is played in every state and territory unlike V8's.

and they do show v8's live, but they dont show all races, partly because it clashes with the football, but mainly because the sprint rounds that we have in most rounds are spread over a whole day, and it is easier to combine them into one show.

they show the gp races live on sat and sunday, clipsal live bathurst and sandown live, race 3 at china live and will show some of the latter rounds live.

that is more live coverage in % terms than they give to aFL
Old 16 Jul 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1356656)   #18
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
and they do show v8's live, but they dont show all races, partly because it clashes with the football, but mainly because the sprint rounds that we have in most rounds are spread over a whole day, and it is easier to combine them into one show.

they show the gp races live on sat and sunday, clipsal live bathurst and sandown live, race 3 at china live and will show some of the latter rounds live.
Live all around Australia?

Everyone seems to forget WA is part of Australia. We are excluded from everything. When ever a race is shown Live it is usually delayed in WA. Why?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1356657)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
because you dont count, you mean nothing. NZ is closer

because when the race is finished , it is not even lunch time in WA yet, and everyone knows that watching racing on tv is better after lunch

maybe its because you take all our GST, so you have to go without something we have to compensate.

still sucked in for living on the other side of the world

do you get bathurst, live?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 05:46 (Ref:1356662)   #20
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
in victoria that is after the AFL.

and i dont think you should call our national sport stupid, after all it is played in every state and territory unlike V8's.
AFL is stupid. I hate AFL!

It is so over rated!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 05:49 (Ref:1356663)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
is there anything you like?

by the way my smiley failed on my prev post.

do you get bathurst live or any other races
Old 16 Jul 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1356664)   #22
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
I don't think the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix was even shown Live in WA. The only races that have been shown Live this year in WA have been the US and Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix's!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 06:05 (Ref:1356665)   #23
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Actually I made a mistake. The Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix was shown Live (Saturday and Sunday). Friday wasn't shown Live. For what reason I don't know.

Live Races on TV (WA)
Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix (Saturday and Sunday)
Canadian Formula 1 Grand Prix (Sunday)
US Formula 1 Grand Prix (Sunday)
Australian Moto GP (Saturday and Sunday)
Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix (Sunday)
Australian CCWS Grand Prix (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)

Indy 500 wasn't. For what reason I don't know.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 06:08 (Ref:1356666)   #24
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had to bite ......

Quote:
maybe its because you take all our GST, so you have to go without something we have to compensate.

?
when taking your tongue out of your cheek peckstir, & apologising for my making any comment at all, can I say dont worry too much about the GST, just thank Lang Hancock that WA iron ore keeps our foreign exchange deficit down to its current diabolotical levels - the rest of Aus will go to bed 2 hours earlier than WA tonight to get thru Sunday.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1356667)   #25
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 7's involvement would depend i would think on whether their allignment with Channel 10 wins them the AFL rights. If so, i'm not sure how Touring Cars would fit in, as they'd be taking the 'Channel 9' place of the current 9/10 arrangement presumebly (Friday night and Sunday matches)

It is hard in many ways to see Channel 10 losing the free-to-air rights considering the amount of air-time received nowadays, but i would agree with what has been stated in this thread that the quality of the coverage has gone down-hill over recent years. That of course doesn't matter at contract time, it's $$$ signs and air-time that is what matters.

Having said that i don't think if 7 got it it would be as bad as some will no doubt make out, people seem to only remember the early-mid 90s coverage that 7 provided, but forget their dedication to motorsport (in some ways more than 10 has today) during the 70s and especially the 80s.

Remember any FOX Sports deal would probably be seen as 'another good thing' by AVESCO, a free-to-air contract is the essential ingrediant.