Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 10 Aug 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1379427)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2006 Plans

I know I know its a little premature but have any of you snappers/scribblers started compiling a wishlist of events/circuits you'd really like to attend next year...things that are different from the usual Le Mans/Indy 500/xxxxxxx Grand Prix

I'd quite like to take in some European FF1600 and would really really like too visit the Arctic Circle Raceway...hers hoping some of my non-racing images sell for obscene amounts of money
Old 26 Aug 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1391837)   #2
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
James North should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly work for Sutton.

If not I hope to continue getting access to the F1 testing. And I have a look at prising some more doors open and getting myself creddy for other events.

At any rate I want to continue improving my photography, looking forward to trying out my 70-200mm f2.8 soon. One thing I really need to get a hang off is night time photography. I struggled a bit at Le Mans and the Silverstone LMES, so any tips would be warmly appreciated

Other than that, I want to attend the Le Mans again, I'd like to go to Spa, for either LMES or 24hrs GT. Possibly cover a winter F1 test in Spain as press. And at least attend any other event I can get to.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1391840)   #3
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More, but bigger, and FASTER!!
Old 26 Aug 2005, 14:13 (Ref:1391873)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My 2005 plans consist of recovering my website which has vanished into a black hole
Old 26 Aug 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1391875)   #5
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Damn, what happened?
Old 26 Aug 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1391882)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
just vanished overnight Wednesday...cant access it directly or though any of my domian names...have raised support issue with hosting company but I havent got a clue what happened
Old 26 Aug 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1392065)   #7
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
But you have everything backed up on your own computer right?
Old 26 Aug 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1392070)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
I have all the images yes but not as web pages...I was thinking it was time for a redesign but every day its not there is another day I cant sell anything...errrm not that I would of course
Old 26 Aug 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1392076)   #9
James North
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
I had to redesign completely not so long ago thanks to an untrustworthy graphics/web designer.

I managed the whole project in about 12 hours, which just goes to prove that if you want something done properly then do it yourself

If you need a temporary host for anything I don't mind helping out, my space and bandwidth is unlimited.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1392078)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Fortunately my design was all my own..well as much as a bit of html and some self customised jalbum skins can be. Thats a very kind offer...my host will get things rolling again I'm sure but if they dont I may "borrow" you for some Gold Cup storage at least
Thanks
Old 26 Aug 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1392095)   #11
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Just managed to FTP into the site and all my data is still there so it looks like some kind of domain issue (breathes sigh of relief)
Old 27 Aug 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1392656)   #12
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSands
I know I know its a little premature but have any of you snappers/scribblers started compiling a wishlist of events/circuits you'd really like to attend next year...things that are different from the usual Le Mans/Indy 500/xxxxxxx Grand Prix
not motorsport but i'll be photo editing at the winter olympics in turin, up in the mountains in sestriere.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1411487)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have still not given up on my photography career just yet, I tried to get some of my local papers interested at the start of this year but didn't get very far so I am going to give it another try.

I have started making plans for 2006 already. The basic plan is to try and get accreditation and to try and following my success in getting one into last weeks Motorsport News I am going to try and some more pictures published. Then I will take it from there and see where I end up.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1411494)   #14
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just managed to FTP into the site and all my data is still there so it looks like some kind of domain issue (breathes sigh of relief)

Well you had it backed up anyway didnt you!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1411495)   #15
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
not motorsport but i'll be photo editing at the winter olympics in turin, up in the mountains in sestriere.
Sounds fun! Have never been to any of the resorts in winter always July time when its hot and we had snow one year were up at 2750 m !
Old 19 Sep 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1411506)   #16
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Quote:

I'd quite like to take in some European FF1600 and would really really like too visit the Arctic Circle Raceway...hers hoping some of my non-racing images sell for obscene amounts of money
As I was made redundant April this years trips had to be reduced, next years may not happen at all, I have invites to do stuff but need to pay the rent first, would start with Sebring then Daytona all the LMES rounds, Spa and LM 24's plus historic LM 24, British GP, Spa GP and SCSA rounds at Rockingham. LM and LMES are looking good and will try to do one stage of the Tour de France, finish the year of with the WHT at Silverstone lots of Formula fords!!!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1411566)   #17
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Snapper
Sounds fun! Have never been to any of the resorts in winter always July time when its hot and we had snow one year were up at 2750 m !

is that for the tour de france? you mentioned it in the other post. i nearly got to go out to work on the final stage this year, but plans came apart. i've spectated twice..once half way up the tourmalet and once at the bottom of the aubisque...awesome. why do the french get all the best events?!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1411567)   #18
KennyG
Racer

KennyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm doing a stint in California in November. If it turns out OK I may get back to the States for a couple of events next year. Apart from that, mostly the same as this year plus some WTCC and a couple of Dutch meetings.

Professional Motorsport Photographer
Old 19 Sep 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1411626)   #19
924nut
Racer

924nut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
Do you need an assistant?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1411673)   #20
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
David L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have liked to have gone to Macau this year for the WTCC, but circumstances have worked against that.. maybe next year..

Puebla.. Hmm, I think that onbe can wait..

There's some talk of a race in Japan next year for the LMES.. That, I think I would make some time for..
Old 19 Sep 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1411709)   #21
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924nut
Do you need an assistant?

i'm already an assistant to someone else. an assistants assistant?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1411711)   #22
924nut
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i'm already an assistant to someone else. an assistants assistant?
Cant get too many assistants

havent been in Sestriere since 97 when the World Championships were there - Not jealous honest!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1411721)   #23
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 924nut
Cant get too many assistants

havent been in Sestriere since 97 when the World Championships were there - Not jealous honest!
i've never been fullstop....really looking forward to it, although all the downhill is supposed to be floodlite and at night...could be a little nippy!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1411755)   #24
924nut
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr
i've never been fullstop....really looking forward to it, although all the downhill is supposed to be floodlite and at night...could be a little nippy!
yes they can light up all the mountain that they use for televised events, nah not cold- just have a few extra glasses of wine or something stronger - then a big snowball fight - get everyone involved then get the camera out - instant scoop!
Old 19 Sep 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1411776)   #25
kdr
Veteran

alcohol drinking and snowball fights...us brits really could be up for some medals at last then!