Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Aug 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1388700)   #1
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
SEATCupra Championship parts up for auction - Charity

Not sure if anyone here is interested, but just in case they are....

As some of you maybe aware, I am competing on the Staples2Naples 'Banger' Rally this year and flying back to the UK at the end of September (I must be mad). The rally is a treasure hunt style event which takes place over 4 days in Europe, covering 7 countries, 7 mountain passes and 2000miles. There is a small catch....we have to do it in a 100 quid Banger. Our choice of wheels is a knackered Vauxhall Carlton

Anyway, as a way of raising money for our chosen charities, British Heart Foundation and The Alzheimers Society we have been trying to get some items to auction. Unfortunately we havent had much luck on the tin-top side of things despite trying,,,but we will be auctioning off two items on ebay starting in a day or two.

(before and after!)
http://www.seatcupra.net/images/Oult...cnreport23.jpg
http://www.seatcupra.net/images/Oult...ueldamaged.jpg

Item 1: SEAT Leon Supercopa Bonnet from Emmanuel Crouvisier's car at Oulton Park 2004. Unfrortunately it is slightly damaged due to a racing incident from round two. Would be ideal for a fan to hang in his garage for example

Item 2: SEAT Leon Supercopa Front Bumper from Emmanuel's Car, again at Oulton. This is damaged as well, but doesnt look as bad off of the car as on (see pic). There is some paint damage and one of the outer Supercopa extensions are missing, but this could be ideal for a fan or maybe a team who could refurbish the bumper

So, I was wondering, do you guys think I should sell this as one lot or two? Would the bumper put you off bidding for the bonnet for example

any thoughts appreciated

All monies raised goes direct to the charity, we dont take a cut. I'm not sure I can post a link to our event site, but if you hop over to a well know SEAT Cupra site, you'll see a story on the main news page

If anyone from a team is listening, then were still looking for interesting items we can auction.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1388702)   #2
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Just to clarify. As I currently living in Canada, (but the other two members are in the UK) we are also raising money for the Children's Wish Foundation in Canada (but this auction is for the UK side of things only)
Old 22 Aug 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1388722)   #3
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Not sure if anyone here is interested, but just in case they are....

As some of you maybe aware, I am competing on the Staples2Naples 'Banger' Rally this year and flying back to the UK at the end of September (I must be mad). The rally is a treasure hunt style event which takes place over 4 days in Europe, covering 7 countries, 7 mountain passes and 2000miles. There is a small catch....we have to do it in a 100 quid Banger. Our choice of wheels is a knackered Vauxhall Carlton
Ah the luxury choice then?

Sounds like fun actually, something I'd like to try in later years.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1388727)   #4
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
2nd time for me www.staples2naples.com for the official site
Old 23 Aug 2005, 01:56 (Ref:1388846)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Just to clarify. As I currently living in Canada, (but the other two members are in the UK) we are also raising money for the Children's Wish Foundation in Canada (but this auction is for the UK side of things only)
Yeah, it won't make much sense in Canada to auction off these parts. In Canada, people won't know what a Seat or the BTCC is! Why would anyone want to buy a chair name Leon?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:18 (Ref:1388871)   #6
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Have to make it nice and clear!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1388928)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Here you go
Two Auctions have just started:-

More photos on the auctions. Remember its two seperate auctions

BUMPER:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5233856258

BONNET:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5233855169

More pics are available here :- http://staples2naples.blogspot.com/1...opa-parts.html

Please read the notes carefully regarding pick-up and payment.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1390415)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Just to clarify, as I';ve had a few emails now. I don't think its really possible to get this bumper onto a LCR unless you own a bodyshop and can fab lots. For a start its been bent a little out of shape and its missing one of the Supercopa extension panels where it meets the wing.

Also, I would have thought being a racing item, that this has lugs etc removed for quick release and reduce weight.

More pics here http://staples2naples.blogspot.com/1...opa-parts.html (click on them for larger images)