Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Sep 2005, 06:36 (Ref:1418516)   #1
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Landmark Partnership For National Racing Series In '06

Representatives from the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS), the Australian Motor Sports Commission (AMSC), circuit promoters and key motor racing categories were upbeat on Monday night following a constructive meeting held at Melbourne Airport to shape a National Racing Series for 2006.

An agreement was reached between the categories, the circuit promoters and CAMS, through the AMSC, to endorse a 10-event motor racing series in 2006. The key categories involved in the process included Formula 3, Production Car, Saloon Car, GT /Porsche Drivers Challenge and Commodore Cup.

Under the agreement, the races will be promoted by a partnership of the categories involved, the circuits and CAMS. Final negotiations between the circuits and the categories are ongoing and it is planned that a provisional calendar will be available within two weeks.

David Tait, AMSC Chairman, was particularly positive about the meeting.
"I was delighted at the support and enthusiasm shown by the categories and the circuits to join together to foster affordable, competitive racing on first rate circuits and facilities."

"Progress so far promises affordable racing with excellent TV coverage for a large number of competitors," said Tait.

Other representatives at the meeting were equally optimistic. Jeff Boulous, Oran Park General Manager said, "Oran Park is looking forward to working with CAMS and the categories to provide an entertaining spectacle for motor racing fans."

Jeff Mattner, Category Administrator for Formula 3, commented that he was very happy with the outcomes of the meeting.

"The way that the whole thing is moving forward is very promising and
2006 looks like being a bigger and better program. We are pleased that the Gold Star, the Australian Driver's Championship and the Formula 3 Championship are able to move forward in such a progressive manner."

A number of other National categories have expressed interest in competing on the program. It is anticipated that they will be selected on an invitational basis.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 07:44 (Ref:1418556)   #2
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
question on timing

Kerri, do you know when the meeting was convened - was the Bob Jane announcement due Tuesday any factor?

The result will be interesting for the future of non AVESCO motorsport across the country.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1418571)   #3
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Kerri, do you know when the meeting was convened - was the Bob Jane announcement due Tuesday any factor?

The result will be interesting for the future of non AVESCO motorsport across the country.
I believe that the Monday night meeting was the third that has taken place with the parties concerned. I am also told that Rod Dale and Garry Willmington were not present at the Monday meeting. There is a third person involved with the AMRS that all have forgotten, Richard McLean, where does he fit into the scheme of things?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1418573)   #4
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Sorry, I am not answering on behalf of Kerri, I don't even know her.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1418580)   #5
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by XW GT
There is a third person involved with the AMRS that all have forgotten, Richard McLean, where does he fit into the scheme of things?

Maybe you should tell us
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1418631)   #6
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From 'information received' lately - he doesn't fit in very well at all.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1418656)   #7
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, I am not answering on behalf of Kerri, I don't even know her.
Aren't you lucky

I, like storyline am just a messenger, what is happening with Richard? I have no idea. Why don't you send him an e-mail and ask him. I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions.

As far as the arrangement of the meeting was concerned, I was told about this meeting before the (public) announcement of the Bob Jane one.
I just wasn't exactly sure who would be at the meeting.
But hey, it all looks good too me.
Bring on 2006
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1418680)   #8
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Ronke
Maybe you should tell us
Hi Matt,

With respect, I asked the question in order to get an answer. If I could have told you the answer I wouldn't have asked the question!! Makes sense to me.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1418694)   #9
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much is being said about Mr McLean over the past two weeks - seems that when the AMRS was at Eastern Creek reports were coming back from the meeting that he was approaching people with one of two 'prospective offers' depending on whether that person or group was likely to stay with CAMS or go to AASA with Rod and Garry.

I think the term is 'having a two way bet'.

A number of people reported, after the meeting, that they were confused and concerned that he was reportedly batting for 'both sides' (so to speak).
Old 28 Sep 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1418757)   #10
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
A number of people reported, after the meeting, that they were confused and concerned that he was reportedly batting for 'both sides' (so to speak).
I met Richards wife at WP, lovely lady, there is no way he is batting for both sides
Old 28 Sep 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1418799)   #11
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Quote:
Hi Matt,

With respect, I asked the question in order to get an answer. If I could have told you the answer I wouldn't have asked the question!! Makes sense to me.
Sorry thought you where Richard. You are obviously well connected to know what went on at the meeting on Monday and know Rod and Garry very well. What is your involvement if you mind me asking?
Old 28 Sep 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1418814)   #12
White Knight

Way I hear it, he is firmly with the CAMS series . . . and no, I aint him either!

Old 28 Sep 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1418844)   #13
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Sorry thought you where Richard. You are obviously well connected to know what went on at the meeting on Monday and know Rod and Garry very well. What is your involvement if you mind me asking?
No Matt I am not Richard. My info is much the same as everybody elses, some fact, some fiction, some rumours and maybe some fantasy .
To tell you the truth, I don't really care who goes where or for what reason as long as we all enjoy our sport. Slinging "mud" at CAMS or the AASA doesn't help anybody it just increases the problems. There is room for both entities and a bit of competition never hurt anybody (may they both prosper). Whether we like it or not, motor sport has changed dramatically and forevever in recent times i.e. expenses, insurance, politics and to some extent "infighting". The only people that suffer from all of this crap are the competitors/owners who just want to race their cars and enjoy themselves.

In answer to your question, my involvement is that I am rapt at being involved in the sport that I love!
Old 28 Sep 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1418885)   #14
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Well you not being Richard I apologies. All I know is that he has left PIARC to pursue other avenues. What that means I don't know but obviously something different to what PIARC are doing.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1418990)   #15
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Hey MR, I wasn't at the meeting either and I knew that the AMRS 3 weren't going to be there, although I wasn't sure who all the attendees were.

Does that mean I'm someone important
Old 28 Sep 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1419358)   #16
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri
Hey MR, I wasn't at the meeting either and I knew that the AMRS 3 weren't going to be there, although I wasn't sure who all the attendees were.

Does that mean I'm someone important

Yes
Old 29 Sep 2005, 00:09 (Ref:1419507)   #17
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Thanks, I'll have a great day now knowing that someone thinks I'm important
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1419739)   #18
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Please pick me up if I am wrong (somebody will), but in all of the AMRS, AASA and CAMS happenings that are going on at the moment, there isn't much of a mention about the Sports Sedans or what ever they are called now. I was at Oran Park for the last AMRS meeting and spoke to several S/S competitors, and I got the impression that they were "on the nose" with the powers that be.
Even though I don't know much about the internal politics etc, these guys have heaps of investments tied up in their machines, and as such should be (my opinion) involved in the new CAMS Series. The commitment from the S/S people is terrific i.e. Tony Ricciardello (WA). If the S/S are not involved it will be a travesty!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1420128)   #19
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Please pick me up if I am wrong (somebody will), but in all of the AMRS, AASA and CAMS happenings that are going on at the moment, there isn't much of a mention about the Sports Sedans or what ever they are called now. I was at Oran Park for the last AMRS meeting and spoke to several S/S competitors, and I got the impression that they were "on the nose" with the powers that be.
Even though I don't know much about the internal politics etc, these guys have heaps of investments tied up in their machines, and as such should be (my opinion) involved in the new CAMS Series. The commitment from the S/S people is terrific i.e. Tony Ricciardello (WA). If the S/S are not involved it will be a travesty!
The situation with the TranZam sports is that they want to run the CAMS series but CAMS are (quite rightly I believe) insisting that there is a minimum number of teams who will commit to the series so as to avoid the small fields that have plauged so many of the AMRS races this year.
Many of the traditional sports sedan competitors only want to run selected rounds at local tracks while a handful want a full scale National series.
Also some of the Stae based SS competitors, are not keen on the "freedoms" given to the Trans Am cars let alone Phil Crompton's Trans-Aus Mustang which doesn't fully comply with either set of regs.
Phil Crompton said that as much as they'd like to run with the CAMS series if it was not financially feasible then they would have no choice other than to look at the AASA alternative.
"we have only 3 options" he said in an interview for In Pit Lane.
One, come up with the money and the numbers and run with CAMS.
Two, we either lock the cars away or go back to state level which most people don't want or, Three, move to the new AASA series if that's where we can get the best deal for the category."