Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 27 Jan 2006, 07:29 (Ref:1509915)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new camera ideas

hi there im in the markter looking for a new camera. I dont want a slr one. I want a point a shoot and something that is small and light. I quite like the look and feel of the nikon coolpix p2 and have seen a panasonic lmz2 or something. I want something with a burst mode in it too. I wanna spend around 500 aus for one.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1509970)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How much zoom are you after? I.e., what sort of pictures are you looking to get? Motorsport stuff, or general?
Old 27 Jan 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1510020)   #3
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i want something with a sports mode. But i will mainly be using it for general pictures, cars at car shows and stuff like that. i guess anything 3 or more zoom?
Old 27 Jan 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1510023)   #4
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your best bet would be to get a camera buyer magazine so you can review the choices in your price range and compare features. Once you have settled on 2 or 3 of interest, come back on 10-10ths and ask for opinions on those selected, I'm sure everyone will be happy to pass on any knowledge or experience they have had with them.

Good luck, happy hunting!!
Old 27 Jan 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1510107)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrt Kid
i want something with a sports mode. But i will mainly be using it for general pictures, cars at car shows and stuff like that. i guess anything 3 or more zoom?
I have a Fuji602, very good for what you are looking for.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1510136)   #6
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or a S5500 or whatever version they're on now.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1510177)   #7
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of reviews and specs here: http://www.steves-digicams.com/
Bob H
Old 27 Jan 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1510367)   #8
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
Or a S5500 or whatever version they're on now.
They are now onto the S9500, I have a quick play with one very impresive bit of kit for the money.
Old 27 Jan 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1510502)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've got an S7000 and I love it. Does everything I need and does it sensibly. In addition to which, my wife can use it too.