Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Feb 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1533507)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
.....On Second Thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
I have already planned Not to carry on Marshalling after this season.
I have no gripes with anyone or with any organising Club, but have simply lost whatever it was that gave me the "Drive" to get up early and spend all day at the Circuit.

I have had an extremely difficult year away from the track which sadly came to a head last Thursday. Perhaps over the course of the closed season I may reconsider, but at this moment in time, I feel that my spare time is to be spent with my family.

I will continue to have an intense interest in the sport that I love and still consider myself to have many friends, made at the venues up and down the Country.

.......and of course I'll still chip in with my two-penneth worth on here!

That is a post of mine from a thread in September of last year, stating quite firmly that I would not be Marshalling in 2006.

Several other tenthers took the same stance and said that they also had "Had Enough"

Now, less than 2 weeks away from the start of the 2006 season (Mallory - 750mc - march 12th) I am just as bloody excited as if it were my first day all over agin!

Anyone else who said they "Weren't" changed their minds?
Old 28 Feb 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1533512)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yes - have a look at this http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...72#post1191272

Well that didn't last long did it?
Old 28 Feb 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1533514)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL - Yours lasted all of 4 days!
Old 28 Feb 2006, 22:06 (Ref:1533515)   #4
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That is a post of mine from a thread in September of last year, stating quite firmly that I would not be Marshalling in 2006.

Several other tenthers took the same stance and said that they also had "Had Enough"

Now, less than 2 weeks away from the start of the 2006 season (Mallory - 750mc - march 12th) I am just as bloody excited as if it were my first day all over agin!

same here mark i sold all my stuff because of a career change but managed to work around that now it took 2 days to sort lol but now ive got new stuff and the season cannot come quick enough
Old 28 Feb 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1533522)   #5
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
LOL - Yours lasted all of 4 days!
Like I said, that didn't last long, did it? Alan Ward once said to me that motorsport is like a drug - try it once, you're hooked for life - as always on things motorsport related, he was right.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 23:07 (Ref:1533542)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, despite a few moans I never even considered stopping because the good bits hugely outweigh the bad. Training Sunday, Mallory the following week. The grin's already starting to spread. Bring on the cars...
Old 1 Mar 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1533724)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Nope. Have already managed to studiously avoid two events. Sticking with my baseline plan of not doing car events at Mondello.

Mind you, since I'm informed that due to my recent health problems, our Rescue Crew Chief intends to confine me to the med centre if I show up at the circuit any time before Easter (and he's quite capable of actually doing that), that probably helped too!

Suspect I'll drag myself out of mothballs for the BTCC but only because there's some UK folks coming that I want to see so for them I'll make the effort (Simon, Andy, Dot I hope you're reading this! )
Old 1 Mar 2006, 09:50 (Ref:1533787)   #8
sinex
Rookie

United Kingdom
Eastleigh
sinex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I felt the same at the end of last season, but after doing b****r all all winter and now meeting a partner who has an interest in motorsport, I can wait for the season to start, albeit I have decided not to observe this season.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1533891)   #9
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the moment, I have three major problems marshalling this year. 1 - No car, 2 - a college course that takes up so much time it's unreal, and 3 - no money.

Hopefully things will improve soon, as I so want to do MGCC and my rescue.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1534006)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRedButton
At the moment, I have three major problems marshalling this year. 1 - No car, 2 - a college course that takes up so much time it's unreal, and 3 - no money.

Hopefully things will improve soon, as I so want to do MGCC and my rescue.
SRB, if you live in the London area, and still want to marshal, I may be able to help you with transport, to quite a few meetings. If you want to send me your e-mail address, I will send you a list of the events I hope to attend.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1534609)   #11
Tracey
Racer

England
In front of a PC
Tracey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
White Flag Man - Thanks so much for your kind offer, I would take you up on it if I lived closer, but Peterborough's a bit far.

However, I did hear of one marshal who lives near me who asked someone to give her a lift from her home to Mallory Park - he lived 10 mins form the circuit!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 08:55 (Ref:1535212)   #12
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRedButton
White Flag Man - Thanks so much for your kind offer, I would take you up on it if I lived closer, but Peterborough's a bit far.

However, I did hear of one marshal who lives near me who asked someone to give her a lift from her home to Mallory Park - he lived 10 mins form the circuit!
I'm not giving up that easily, now that I've found out where Peterborough is!
Rockingham, near Corby, May 7th & August 13th, any good?
Old 3 Mar 2006, 15:12 (Ref:1535512)   #13
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Nice to hear that Mark (at least we'll have somebody to blame when it all goes pear shaped!)