Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Aug 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1686532)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FIA GT Rnd 5: 18-20 Aug Paul Ricard 2006

Paul Ricard this weekend,
  • The Balfe Saleen is back
  • Race Alliance are now down to one car overall now - so much for the shouting
  • We're up to two GT1 Vette's with PSI staying on with their C6.
  • Loads more Ferrari 430's! Some in G3 class
  • Marino Franchitti replaces Chris Niarchos in the second Ecosse Ferrari
Old 19 Aug 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1686565)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
PSI with Michelins in stead of Dunlop leads the 1st session: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?sea...20Practice%201
Old 19 Aug 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1686571)   #3
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A lot of the top cars are running with extra ballast:
  • Vitaphone #1 (Bertolini/Bartels): 100 kg + 25 kg
  • Vitaphone #2 (Biagi/Davies): 0 kg + 25 kg
  • GLPK-Carsport: 40 kg
  • Phoenix: 100 kg
  • Zakspeed: 10 kg + 30 kg
The second number is additional weight imposed by FIA on top of succes ballast.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1686669)   #4
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PSI Vette takes pole!

Good to have a new challenger at the front.

Davies/Biagi's Mazza in second.

The GLPK Vette in 3rd, top Aston is the Race Alliance Wendlinger/Peter car in 4th.

Bartels/Bertolini row 3 with Gollin & Babini

The Phoenix Aston down in 13th!!! Problems?

No time shown for the Zakspeed Saleen either. Now driven by Sascha Bert and Montermini instead of Janis.

Ecosse 1-2 the GT2 grid, Kirkaldy from Franchitti (9th and 10th overall)

http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?sea...Qualifying%201

Last edited by Hazard; 19 Aug 2006 at 17:24.
Old 19 Aug 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1686679)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice result for PSI/Menten.

Last edited by FIRE; 19 Aug 2006 at 17:53.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1687273)   #6
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Already 22 Laps in and both Vette's have got over 40 seconds on everyone else. Ferrari 1-6 in GT2
Old 20 Aug 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1687322)   #7
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was thinking, I think PSI is the only team that has driven all tirebrands this year haven't they? Pirelli in FFSA, Dunlop in LMS and now Michelins.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:04 (Ref:1687324)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I think they've found the one that works...though Kumpen could be trouble on his stint, not forgetting that charging Maserati #2
Old 20 Aug 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1687382)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
And I guess so. Good win by Kumpen. Menten 2nd, Biagi salvages a 3rd.

Ferrari 1-5 in GT2!
Old 20 Aug 2006, 15:42 (Ref:1687437)   #10
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race in my opinion and Paul Ricard looked bloody gorgeous. Fantastic result for Scuderia Ecosse, maybe Stewart Roden should keep away from the track more often. The only Corvette 1-2 today...? (I hope so)
Old 21 Aug 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1688375)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It screwed with my eyes ..... reminds me of a tube of that colgate flouride !!!

See what happens when you have 2 quick drivers in the PSI C6R .... brilliant . They are supposed to be running 2 C6R's next year .

What happened to the rumour that the 2 C6R's that raced at LM were supposedly sold and were staying in europe after LM ?

Great race altogether . Would have been nice to see Mullen take the win in GT2 though .

Last edited by The Badger; 21 Aug 2006 at 22:17.
Old 22 Aug 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1688549)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yep, quality event, top track (the Mistral is brilliant isn't it?!!) and good to see the Vette's rumbling round at the front!

Hope the ballast doesn't intefere with true form too much though, but I guess they'll revise it id it does?

Mazza's were really being thrashed to stay on terms as the engine note was quite aubible I thought, even from a TV set!

What's happened to the Lambo again? would've been nice to hear that thing bombing down the straight.

Good varied field, chuck in a handful more decent GT1's (another decent Oreca Saleen, 1 more GLPK and 1 more PSI Vette, another Mazza) and the new GT2 Porsche for next year and we'll have a really great series!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1688772)   #13
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

THANK THE LORD, A CORVETTE WIN!!!
They deserve it, having been so unlucky this season
good luck to GLPK for the rest of the season!
Old 23 Aug 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1689972)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
where the hell is jaroslev (jarek) janis?
how did politics through him out?
its goodnight for zakspeed's all i can say.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 21:10 (Ref:1689989)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Something about his manager cancelling his contract . Shame
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1691063)   #16
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
thats well bad
i think he was the best this season, by a way
shame how politics works really.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1691094)   #17
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
From Jarek's website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin Charouz
We are very sorry that we have to withdraw Jarek. We disccused approximately one week with the team about the situation. Our ideas about what we need in order to fight for the title were different to theirs and we decided to terminate the contract. We tried till the very last moment, Jarek even flew to France but he will not get behind the wheel. However, there is quite high probability that he will race with another team in the next race.
Definately dodgy. Can't see any opportunities like Zakspeed left though that will open up for him.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1691213)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes, shame about this, but i'm quite pleased Montermini got his seat and hope it continues because he's always been a quick and committed driver?

Other than Spa has Andrea driven a Saleen before by any chance, as the only things I know he's driven for sure are GT2 Ferrari's? and possibly a 575 a couple of years ago.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1691355)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
From Jarek's website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin Charouz
We are very sorry that we have to withdraw Jarek. We disccused approximately one week with the team about the situation. Our ideas about what we need in order to fight for the title were diffe rent to theirs and we decided to terminate the contract. We tried till the very last moment, Jarek even flew to France but he will not get behind the wheel. However, there is quite high probability that he will race with another team in the next race.

Definately dodgy. Can't see any opportunities like Zakspeed left though that will open up for him.
Jarek has found "what we need in order to fight for the title ": The Pagani Zonda of Rock Media Motors

http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=2503&thold=0
Old 25 Aug 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1691556)   #20
geeteeone
Racer

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, UK
geeteeone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if the Rock Media Motors Pagani Zonda the same one that Carsport America struggled with a couple of seasons back, or is it a brand new attempt to build a GT1 car out of the Zonda?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1691566)   #21
Viper GTS-R***
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
Viper GTS-R*** should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeone
Does anyone know if the Rock Media Motors Pagani Zonda the same one that Carsport America struggled with a couple of seasons back, or is it a brand new attempt to build a GT1 car out of the Zonda?
It's the same Pagani Zonda of Carsport, Rock Media Motors buy him from GLPK (GLPK never race'd with the Zonda).
Old 25 Aug 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1691610)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Well in principle it ought to be in the series as it's a top level exotica but as with the Murcialgo it was built as a supercar and that can be a very different thing to a pukka GT racer!!

God forbif if it does venture out with him at the wheel, maybe Jarek will just drive the wheels off it and see what happens!
Old 25 Aug 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1691807)   #23
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
problem for the pagani was stability, which is odd considering how it handles as a road car, and it will have less power because of GT1 rules
Lambo is 4wd as a road car, and isn't as a racer (its not allowed) so their problems lie there. but it is quick, its had a 3rd at monza a few years back with 'super' peter kox, and a 6th at Brno this year with the mercurial Cristophe Bouchut. But both seemed to have very little commitment from either manafacturers, backers, or even th team themselevs
Old 25 Aug 2006, 22:22 (Ref:1691808)   #24
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
i just read what Jarek has done
i went "JAREK JANIS HAS DONE WHAT!!!!!!???!?!?!"
1 word- prat.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1691809)   #25
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Finally, reading in Autosport about only 1500 fans- it is very weird- because this was pretyy successful, will they add more spectator facilities?
they certainly should.