Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1709036)   #1
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OPEN Saloon Race Kirkistown 23rd September

Kirkistown have just added an OPEN Saloon race to their programme for their next meeting on the 23rd September. Steel bodied cars, no spaceframes. Some Unos, Puntos and Abarths are going up. Think its about £90 or £100 for the entry.
Anyone interested?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1709043)   #2
col rooney
Racer

Ireland
col rooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Leo can you let me know when the next race would be that i could run my imp in say next season with a bit of time so i can book a ferry and all that lot or if i could run it at anglsey next time your over there

thanks colin
Old 12 Sep 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1709047)   #3
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Theres an Imp running in Libres at Mondello now. have a look at www.conconnolly.com
Mondello have no more meetings this year though, unless you want to go to Kirko on the 23rd, the Mondello Libres are running there, and I think your Dad is out and the bro is debuting his 150bhp Uno
Old 19 Sep 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1713708)   #4
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Well I'm making my Historic racing debut on Saturday, should be fun. Anyone else from here going????
Old 19 Sep 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1713768)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Open session? With Fiats?

Yep myself and himself will be there to cheer you on - and push you out!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1713786)   #6
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there as usual!!!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1718212)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well it was a pretty good race meeting. Did have one nasty accident, but hopefully the driver should be ok.

He went from this:

to this

in one fairly spectacular roll. For info, rescue did not do any cutting on that car. All the damage you see was caused by the crash, including the missing roof, doors and fuel tank.

I guess it's one way to end the season! Reports from the hospital indicate that while he's quite banged up, there's no serious injury, so get well soon David!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:08 (Ref:1718306)   #8
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Yeah, HUGE shunt. He went off just after he lapped me. Just after Debtors, not a nice place to get out of shape.... It looked horrendous, bits going everywhere. I got stopped and ran over and couldn't believe it when he managed to climb out. I just held onto him around till you guys arrived. The rescue unit was there very quick too. I hear he had a broken ankle and a few cuts so hope he recovers soon.
Had a great race up until that, although I hadn't realised just how quick the historics are in a straight line...............
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1718313)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Well you did a good job Leo, everyone commented on it.

As you know, that wasn't a common occurance for the historics.

It was shaping up into a good race though - noticed you getting a couple of good dices in and even up on 3 wheels at one point going through Colonial! I still think that your 147 would make a good rallycross car though - perhaps next weekend?

Incidentally, can we interest you in coming along to the next marshals training day? You might enjoy it, we get to put out fires!
Old 25 Sep 2006, 11:45 (Ref:1718347)   #10
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Fires you say???
Dunno bout that, I was shook enough after that shunt!!
Not sure what to do with the 147 yet, although it would be great for the new Libre Saloon class in Kirk??
Yeah, rallycross time at Mondello....I'm off to search Ebay for a stock hatch!!!!!