Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:36 (Ref:1752785)   #1
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alx Danielsson - WSR Champion 2006

I think he deserves a thread of his own now

No matter what the outcome of the current protests Alx still comes out on top...

Thanks to Alx press officer J Tärnström for the tables

Quote:
1. Garcia wins at Spa, no Zolder points (currently the official standings)

Alx 105
Soucek 101
Garcia 98
Parente 98
Maldonado 97

2. Garcia wins at Spa, Zolder points awarded

Alx 113
Garcia 108
Soucek 101
Maldonado 101
Parente 98

3. Garcia disqualified from Spa, Zolder points awarded

Alx 113
Maldonado 104
Soucek 103
Parente 98
Garcia 93

4. Garcia disqualified from Spa, no Zolder points

Alx 107
Soucek 103
Maldonado 100
Parente 98
Garcia 83
What do you think of his future?

Oh and congratulations Alx!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1752794)   #2
OWaddict
Rookie

OWaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obizzz
No matter what the outcome of the current protests Alx still comes out on top...
Well, not if Maldonado's protest goes through, IIRC.
Not so likely, so congratulations to Alx!
Old 29 Oct 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1752795)   #3
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by OWaddict
Well, not if Maldonado's protest goes through, IIRC.
Not so likely, so congratulations to Alx!
What protest did he have?
Old 29 Oct 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1752828)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
There's an explanation here.

I hate it when a Championship isn't decided on the day, on the track. I don't understand why the Misano appeal has not been resolved before now.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 05:59 (Ref:1753264)   #5
old-timer
Rookie

old-timer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got in from a mega Party, Alx and Comtec won it at the first attempt wow fantastic, my heads spinning bye bye
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:54 (Ref:1753362)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's clearly a very talented driver and it's about time we had a Swedish superstar coming through!

Yeah, regardless of any regulation/protest/politics, he's deserved to win it. Since mid season he's been the benchmark.

Congrat's also, to his team and the individuals involved who've provided the baseline, engineering and management to allow him to flourish.

Now let's see if he can continue that form into GP2 next season!!
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1753423)   #7
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A super performance from Alx and the Comtec team...

lovely guy, he was genuinely lost for words after it all...

special note too for the work done by Roly Vincini and Martin Donnelly... in getting, respectively, car and driver set up properly, so they simply dominated in the second half of the season...

But for getting knocked off in Race 2 at Le Mans, Alx might well have won everything since Donington

His points scoring tells the whole story...

Even though his points from Zolder Race 1 have disappeared (perhaps never to re-appear), he scored 16 points in the first 9 races, and 104 in the last 8 !!

He wasn't kidding after Donington, when he said the team felt they'd finally got the monkey off their backs

As far as the final (eventual might be a better word) points re-shuffling, I think it won't matter too much...

While Alx may possibly lose out on that Renault F1 test, to anyone watching on TV or reading the papers/comics, he will be champion.... lots of bickering in months to come by lawyers and stewards won't change that, as it's very unlikely to really feature on the public's radar...

I hope that the Comtec boys have a huge party this week - they deserve it!

Hope to see Alx in GP2 next season... I think he's just the guy to wring the neck of those things...
Old 30 Oct 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1753438)   #8
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
But for getting knocked off in Race 2 at Le Mans, Alx might well have won everything since Donington
And if it hadn't been from a flying tyre (from Vettel's car) and a puncture at Spa he probably would have had two more podiums under his belt, possibly even a win, reports said he was gaining on the leader before the puncture and horrible crash.

Oh and those were some really nice words Martin

We really need this for Swedish motorsport
Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1753461)   #9
JTarnstrom
Rookie

JTarnstrom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've known Alx for a long time, in fact it was six years ago we made contact, and I was immedieately so struck by his confidence and determination that I remember thinking to myself, even before I had seen him drive - if this guy can drive, he's got what it takes. and it seems like I was right.

Alx come as tough as they come. This is not a guy who has had an easy way to the top. Often he has had inferior material to work with but he has always exceeded what could have been expected. Unfortunately, sometimes it's necessary to have the inside information to make a valid evaluation of a drivers capacity and there have been many who have doubted his potential. I've read between the lines and I've seen him at work both on the track and in the team and he is the real deal. He has a great report with engineers and mechanics (and I guess that is due to the fact that when the mechanics went home early during his Formula Ford years, he grabbed hold of the wrench himself and didn't stop until the job was finished). He has a great ability to very quickly adapt to new conditions. I wasn't surprised to see him go quicket at the first practice session in Barcelona, on a track he had never driven before. Same thing if he is given a new car. It takes him a very short time to find the limit and he does so without stepping over it.

I wasn't surprised either to see him bounce back from the two accidents at Spa. He had done it before. In the British Formula Ford-championship he had a car landing on his head and last year he had the horrifying crash in the season opener at Zolder and in every instance he has come back without any of the accidents reflecting in his driving or attitude towards racing. I have wondered if this ability stems from his days as an alpine skier where he must have crashed countless of times before.

Well, I'm so happy to see him on top of the table and get the rewards he deserve. Alx is a great guy and how far he will go, only time will tell, but at least he has now worked himself into the spotlight that will give him a fair shot at getting into Formula One.

Joakim Tarnstrom
Press Officer for Alx Danielsson (but every word is impartial, I promise
Old 30 Oct 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1753688)   #10
old-timer
Rookie

So Happy for Alx he is a realy nice guy and a mega talented driver , he could just go all the way, if all Sweeden can get behind him who knows? as for all the appeals and such, Alx and Comtec won it fair and square on the race track,Draco and Maldonado were caught with a car that was outside the rules in Missano and they were disqualified that should be the end of the matter. Comtec worked so hard as a team for ALX that they all deserve the credit,
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1753727)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the team and driver certainly deserved it, credit where credit's due (and i *never* say that!).

going slightly off topic, what was actually wrong with maldonado's car when he was disqualified?
Old 30 Oct 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1753767)   #12
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
From what I've heard it made it possible to have camber angles otherwise not possible without these shims.

As for Sweden and motorsport.. it's not considered a real sport here for some reason.. Alx double win at Donington got very little attention compared to what kind of achievement it was and some papers took days to even notice

The win of the series got a bit more attention but hardly as much as it deserves.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1753845)   #13
mattray
Veteran

mattray has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A fantastic result for Alx! he has had some real hard years and the work he and his family has put in looks to really have finally paid off! Superb!!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1755668)   #14
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~WS-...~id~139768.htm
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1756019)   #15
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
It's all about not having a part (parts) that should be on the car...
of course, I know but I mean there as you said the type things that really are just mistakes or misses that really don't do any difference then there is outright cheating which actually makes you faster

But.. if we had one more race weekend I think the winner would have been pretty clear despite this stuff
Old 16 Nov 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1767872)   #16
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Alx older brother Magnus is starting up a team for Carrera Cup Scandinavia next year, they'll be running four cars next season with Alx as the guest star when he's not busy with his international career.

Alx will of course have a big influence on the team and help out with his knowledge etc...

Other news are that he's going to do an F1 test for Renault sometime in December/January (the price for winning WSR) and is looking for a place in their RDD-programme.

The work he's doing now might really pay off for motorsport in Sweden.. great to have him up there in the international series
Old 16 Nov 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1767922)   #17
old-timer
Rookie

Hey Obizzz

You will see Alx Championship winning car in Sweeden next week as it is coming to your Autosports Show, We all at Comtec wish Alx the very best in his quest for F1 and Magnus in there new Porshe team.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1767932)   #18
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Ah thanks for the tip but I'm not going to attend the show (it's in Stockholm and I'm located in Gothenburg)

We will actually have a booth there as well afaik showing the WTCC game
Old 1 Dec 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1779712)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The Zolder results have been re-instated by the FIA. This doesn't affect Alex's win, but drops Soucek down a bit and promotes Salignon. You can read the story here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55863

I seem to have read somewhere that the Misano appeal will be heard next week, December 7. Personally, I can't see that one being upheld, but...
Old 1 Dec 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1779736)   #20
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I seem to have read somewhere that the Misano appeal will be heard next week, December 7. Personally, I can't see that one being upheld, but...
Neither do I, Alx explained all the details last time I met him and it was clearly a matter of cheating.

He also said it was funny that they removed the points from race 1 since it was race 2 that was the problem :P

Thanks for the news btw.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 19:01 (Ref:1779768)   #21
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any word about Alx's plans? He hardly tested anything until now, right?
Old 1 Dec 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1779811)   #22
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
F1 test for Renault in January but other than that he doesn't tell much.. we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 00:47 (Ref:1779918)   #23
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just slightly worried that the GP2 seats are running out day by day...
Old 2 Dec 2006, 01:58 (Ref:1779932)   #24
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well...there's still a seat at ART, one (two?) at Arden, a couple at Supernova...

He can still get himself a championship contending seat no problem.
Old 7 Dec 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1783922)   #25
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
time is running... any chances on moving to America?