Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Dec 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1792039)   #1
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ERC regulars.

2007 predicted Div 1 driver entries over the 10 rounds

All events, LARSSON, HANSEN,ISACHSEN, BERMINGRUD,JERNBERG,KUYPERS,EKLUND,ERIKSSON,RADSTROM,HUNSBEDT,
WALFRIDSSON.

Most events,some maybe all, RUSTAD,PALLER,SACHWEH,LINDKVIST, PAUWELS, ANNE, VAN MECHELEN, KOUTNY,NOTTVEIT,STENVALL,MINNIKHANON, WICIK,SCHEVENEELS.

Plus drivers likely too be added in future, CROON, EVANS, FROSHAUG, JESPERSEN, PINOMAKI, M.HANSEN, THEUIL, BJOORN, and hopefully JORDAN

Plus local entries.

Thats alot of cars trying to push for just 16 final places. Not only that theres alot of names on those lists that wont be happy not being A final regulars, to keep these huge entries in the sport wouldn't it be a good idea for the FIA to have bigger finals grids perhaps have 8 cars in each final (22 places). I can't see why this would be a problem. What do you think?
Old 16 Dec 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1792129)   #2
WJM
Racer

Netherlands
WJM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rustad will drive with the second Bermingrud-Xsara the whole ERC. Nottveit will do the same with ex-Rustad focus. Russian Shamiev(?) will compete in the ex-Jernberg focus. Theuil will definately drive the full ERC next year. Pailler and Knapick on the other hand will stay in France with two brand-new 207. It will definately be crazy next year!

Driving with 8 cars is not a good idea I think. Some tracks are far too small to handle so many cars properly, just think about Maasmechelen and Momarken. Driving with six also gives more quality over quantity. Plus, seeing what a mess 6 cars make in the first corner, whatr about adding two more? And you need to revise the scoring system with the extra drivers, or qualifying in the c-final is pointless.
Old 16 Dec 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1792296)   #3
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Here in UK we had 10 car finals in the original Brands Hatch Grand Prix's and they worked fine. I don't think 8 cars would be a problem even at the technical tracks. Six car grids in qualifying might also chuck in some surprise results.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1792920)   #4
DCS
Racer

DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think 22 cars will bring more exitment to the races...
It worked fine for the last 30 years, why change it?
It should be hard to reach the finals, not placing automaticly...

I could only see your point if 40 cars per class would be fighting very closely for the finals. Now the last place are more a bit like a fill up with local drivers (sometimes from other classes)...
Old 18 Dec 2006, 09:55 (Ref:1793346)   #5
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 cars per ECR final is just fine. With the GP at Brands Hatch the cars reached the first corner most of the times like pearls on a string while in EC rounds they enter the first corner many times all side by side. More cars will only produce more unwanted havoc.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1794418)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Spoken like a true rallycross veteran Eddie

I remember you scurrying for cover many times over the years at "busy" first corners!

We have the same problem in short oval racing over here which I am quite involed in, the crowds like to see big grids coz you get more action but then they moan when the races takes ages to finish coz there are plenty of yellow flags and cautions!

I agree that six is fine, the contact is bad enough as it is!
Old 7 Jan 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1809088)   #7
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
After watching the 2006 German ERC round today on Sky perhaps 6 cars is enough. Alot of contact unpunished, every car in the A final was damagd in someway. Wouldn't be able to get away with so much contact in
UK. Great to watch mind you.
Old 7 Jan 2007, 21:35 (Ref:1809091)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
6 cars per ECR final is just fine. With the GP at Brands Hatch the cars reached the first corner most of the times like pearls on a string while in EC rounds they enter the first corner many times all side by side. More cars will only produce more unwanted havoc.
Something simular to the last round in the final mahem!

As Ludvic commented on erc24.com there are about 10 drivers now that on any weekend have the chance to clinch the day; So its gotten very competitive!!!

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 17 Jan 2007, 20:57 (Ref:1817892)   #9
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Frode Holte has got himself a Div 1 Focus, looking to contest at least half the ERC.
Old 23 Oct 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2975729)   #10
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Are here's the thread from few years back.